Windows 10: I get this error about WSL on every restart or shutdown. If I quit Docker manually before,...

Discus and support I get this error about WSL on every restart or shutdown. If I quit Docker manually before,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gremo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gu80ye/i_get_this_error_about_wsl_on_every_restart_or/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gremo, May 31, 2020.

1. /u/Gremo Win User

I get this error about WSL on every restart or shutdown. If I quit Docker manually before,...

/u/Gremo, May 31, 2020

2. Docker client on WSL cannot connect to Docker for Windows

I have docker set up on my Windows machine with WSL like this:
    (similar to what's described here Running Docker on Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) : docker)

• Installed Docker for Windows
    • Installed the docker client inside WSL
    • export DOCKER_HOST=tcp://127.0.0.1:2375

However, when I run docker ps, I get this error:

Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at tcp://127.0.0.1:2375. Is the docker daemon running?

I know that docker is running, and if can get docker.exe ps ok from the Windows CMD.

I had this working before, but it doesn't seem to work now. I have updated the Docker for Windows app to the latest version, and restarted my machine a couple times.

Does anyone knows if there's something I could try?

Tri Nguyen, May 31, 2020
  3. Can somebody with nvidia gpu force manually restart pc and then check event viewer,for me?

I dont know why i get that error in event log after power outage ( or manually unexpected force restart ) in next boot.

When i shutdown properly not error.

MrComputerPsychoNr1, May 31, 2020
  4. paohasu Win User

I get this error about WSL on every restart or shutdown. If I quit Docker manually before,...

Attempting to install docker on windows 10 pro amd hp pavilion laptop

Hello, I attempted to install docker for windows 10 pro 64 bit on my new hp laptop.

However, two things happened.

1. When I enabled virtualization in the bios, I started getting "your system settings have changed please reboot for the changes to go into effect". Well I did reboot several times but kept getting this error message each time I restarted my machine. None
    of the suggestions on the forums helped. Yes, I installed updated graphic cards from amd but that did not work.

2. Docker pop ups continued to harass me asking if I wanted to start Docker, or quit.

Sheesh. So I uninstalled Docker, and disabled virtualization, and now no Docker, no virtualization, no problem.

I was looking forward to using Docker, but I guess I have to go the VM route.

paohasu, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. I get this error about WSL on every restart or shutdown. If I quit Docker manually before,... - Similar Threads - error WSL every

2. Install WSL manually with 0x80073CF3 error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install WSL manually with 0x80073CF3 error: I am trying to install WSL with this manual: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-on-server, with my MS store disabled. However, I get error 0x80073CF3====================PS C:\USERS\Yerong\Downloads\Ubuntu> Add-AppxPackage...
  3. Install WSL manually with 0x80073CF3 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install WSL manually with 0x80073CF3 error: I am trying to install WSL with this manual: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-on-server, with my MS store disabled. However, I get error 0x80073CF3====================PS C:\USERS\Yerong\Downloads\Ubuntu> Add-AppxPackage...
  4. Install WSL manually with 0x80073CF3 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WSL won't shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL won't shutdown: I installed windows WSL recently to use kali-linux. When I'm done with my Linux system I want to shut down my wsl by wsl --shutdown. This seems to work until I opened task manager and I see VMMEM is still running. Next, it open my cmd again and when I do wsl -l -v, there it...
  6. About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart: On shutdown then power button machine boots with very, very few errors. On restart for example after installing a major Windows 10 updatethere are multiple errors in computer management including the continually bedeviling DCOM errors. Windows 10 completely upgraded to latest...
  7. (RunDLL Error) - I Get This Error Message Every Time I Restart My PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (RunDLL Error) - I Get This Error Message Every Time I Restart My PC: RunDLL Error Code Image Link Is there anyway to fix this? And whether you can fix it or not, why is it there every restart and what effect does it have on my PC? winscomrssrv.dll - What is that? Anyone Know? - Thanks. submitted by /u/atmosphere9999 [link] [comments]...
  8. Every restart or shutdown I get a fail update! What a hassle!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every restart or shutdown I get a fail update! What a hassle!: [ATTACH] Good morning! Idk what to do to fix this. As the title above its becoming a loop of update>fail>rollback Can some savvy soul please guide me on how to get rid of this windows update madness! God returns!...
  9. BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION error at every restart of shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION error at every restart of shutdown: Hello, I have a problem for a couple of months now and it's getting annoying by time goes by. I cannot point out exactly when it started although it might have been after a windows update. Every time I restart or Shut Down my PC, after it closes all of the processes,...
  10. Random shutdown and typical BAD_POOL_CALLER error on manual SD/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shutdown and typical BAD_POOL_CALLER error on manual SD/restart: Hey guys, I am a longtime Windows 7 user who updated to 10 a few months ago. Ever since I updated, I get the BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD after I manually shutdown or restart the computer. Does anyone have any insight into what causes this? I also have a very annoying issue, as my...