Windows 10: I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try...

Discus and support I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I go to https://www.entropiauniverse.com/download/ and try to install the game. I get a window that says Could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertScheff, Nov 16, 2018.

1. I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try...

I go to https://www.entropiauniverse.com/download/ and try to install the game. I get a window that says

Could not determine a temp directory name. Try running setup.exe /t:<Path>

I have try many things and all have failed. I have went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2669244/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-error-when-you and nothing could help

The game was working and I had it installed on D: drive, I formatted the d: drive and uninstalled the game. I was going to re-install and got this error. I have talked to entropiauniverse.com and they have not got back with me, so what can I do?

:)

RobertScheff, Nov 16, 2018
  2. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

3. sbaker51 Win User
    sfc scannow Error-OverlapI get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :Duplicate ownership for directory

Win 10 Pro (64 bit) on Intel DP-43TF motherboard on an Q9650 core2 quad at 3GHz with 8GB memory.
    sfc /scannow fails at 66% completion with multiple "Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory" errors with different directories being listed.
    What needs to be done to resolve this issue to fix the issue?

I cannot upload the CBS.log file - the error is "Your file of 9.03 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 2.00 MB for this filetype."

Any suggestions?

sbaker51, Nov 16, 2018
  4. x01r Win User

I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try...

atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :D

Thema:

I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try...

1. I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... - Similar Threads - error error determine

2. Getting this error everytime i try to update my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting this error everytime i try to update my PC: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AqAqGT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7fytq/getting_this_error_everytime_i_try_to_update_my_pc/
  3. I keep getting "Error 1325. Microsoft.VC90.CRT is not a valid short file name." when I try...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I keep getting "Error 1325. Microsoft.VC90.CRT is not a valid short file name." when I try...: Again, How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-error-1325-microsoftvc90crt-is-not/281ebecf-e67e-40f1-85cd-4a9a6df40289
  4. Error 1722 getting session names

Error 1722 getting session names: I've been trying to get the cmd prompt's msg command. At my friends house we tried communicating between two computers on the same WiFi network. We couldn't get it to work so when I got home I tried between my laptop and desktop, one WiFi one Ethernet. All 4 are Windows Pro....
  5. i get error 0cx1900222 onupdates

i get error 0cx1900222 onupdates: why do I get error 0cx1900222 when I try to update version 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-error-0cx1900222-onupdates/f8470b4b-f3b9-4209-b354-8cbfc12a268a
  6. I get an error when trying to accept an invite to a family

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get an error when trying to accept an invite to a family: What do I do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-when-trying-to-accept-an-invite-to/c94f729e-3052-4e74-b99c-559f901baab6"
  7. Error: The directory name is not valid.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: The directory name is not valid.: Need fix for occasional error message when trying to open a saved file. Message is: The directory name is not valid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-the-directory-name-is-not-valid/f19e6c00-8664-4893-8713-68f14e8ba2f1"
  8. I keep getting this virus error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I keep getting this virus error: So my notifications is spamming me with this file saying its a virus, but the folder that its in wont appear. file: C:\Users\zapp\AppData\Roaming\wow64_microsoft-windows-directui.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.16299.15_ro-ro_e226111cddf241c4\miutils.exe But when i go to...
  9. I am getting error can`t initialize plug-in directory and error launching installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am getting error can`t initialize plug-in directory and error launching installer: This happened after the power supply was turned of now when I try to upgrade a program or even delete a program I keep getting a error.I could reinstall window 10 but I don't want to loose everything....
  10. Bootmangr is missing error, only if i try and get in to the bios.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bootmangr is missing error, only if i try and get in to the bios.: This is driving me nuts. Im trying to get in to the bios (F2 or Del) so i can change the password. When hitting any key on the keyboard i get an error that Bootmangr is missing, and to re start my PC. If i dont try and get in to the bios Windows starts fine. This is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could not determine temp directory name

2. could not determine a temp directory name. try running setup.exe