Windows 10: I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try...

Discus and support I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I go to https://www.entropiauniverse.com/download/ and try to install the game. I get a window that says Could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertScheff, Nov 16, 2018.

1. I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try...

I go to https://www.entropiauniverse.com/download/ and try to install the game. I get a window that says

Could not determine a temp directory name. Try running setup.exe /t:<Path>

I have try many things and all have failed. I have went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2669244/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-error-when-you and nothing could help

The game was working and I had it installed on D: drive, I formatted the d: drive and uninstalled the game. I was going to re-install and got this error. I have talked to entropiauniverse.com and they have not got back with me, so what can I do?

:)

RobertScheff, Nov 16, 2018
  2. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

3. sbaker51 Win User
    sfc scannow Error-OverlapI get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :Duplicate ownership for directory

Win 10 Pro (64 bit) on Intel DP-43TF motherboard on an Q9650 core2 quad at 3GHz with 8GB memory.
    sfc /scannow fails at 66% completion with multiple "Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory" errors with different directories being listed.
    What needs to be done to resolve this issue to fix the issue?

I cannot upload the CBS.log file - the error is "Your file of 9.03 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 2.00 MB for this filetype."

Any suggestions?

sbaker51, Nov 16, 2018
  4. x01r Win User

I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try...

atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... :D

Thema:

I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try...

1. I get this error -> I get this error -> Could not determine a temp directory name. Try... - Similar Threads - error error determine

2. I get a temp error for a drive I lost a year ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I get a temp error for a drive I lost a year ago: I lost my E drive last June and all of its data. I bought a drive to replace it but it's assigned to G drive. What do I do to clear this error?...
  3. I get a temp error for a drive I lost a year ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a temp error for a drive I lost a year ago: I lost my E drive last June and all of its data. I bought a drive to replace it but it's assigned to G drive. What do I do to clear this error?...
  4. I get a temp error for a drive I lost a year ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...: hi, i tried to download a game in steam and it all went well and it downloaded successfully and when i open the apllication it shows a error directxruntime error and if i give ok on that is opens u4e prerequisties app which is updating directx and it also results in error...
  6. i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...: hi, i tried to download a game in steam and it all went well and it downloaded successfully and when i open the apllication it shows a error directxruntime error and if i give ok on that is opens u4e prerequisties app which is updating directx and it also results in error...
  7. i try to delete a document folder but i get a error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i try to delete a document folder but i get a error: i try to delete a rockstar games document folder but it wont let me i get this error and i try to fix it but i dont know how. can someone please help me with this problem i am already waiting 2 days...
  8. Directory Name Invalid error

Directory Name Invalid error: Every time i try to open any file on my desktop word files, pdfs, etc the error message "The directory name is invalid" appears. Most of the time this issue appears with external drives and USB and not with the actual computer's drive itself. I have tried updating the drive...
  9. 'Directory name is invalid' error

'Directory name is invalid' error: Just recently, the past 2 or 3 days, I have been getting this error when selecting items from my desktop. If I go to the directory and select the file, it works fine. It seems to have started after I removed my desktop from onedrive....
  10. Error: The directory name is not valid.

Error: The directory name is not valid.: Need fix for occasional error message when trying to open a saved file. Message is: The directory name is not valid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-the-directory-name-is-not-valid/f19e6c00-8664-4893-8713-68f14e8ba2f1"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could not determine temp directory name

2. could not determine a temp directory name. try running setup.exe