Windows 10: i get this error when i try to change my app install location to my 10tb drive. how do i...

Discus and support i get this error when i try to change my app install location to my 10tb drive. how do i... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gothicus1016 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gothicus1016, Sep 14, 2020.

1. i get this error when i try to change my app install location to my 10tb drive. how do i...

/u/Gothicus1016, Sep 14, 2020
  2. JtS6 Win User

Can't change install location for Microsoft Apps

I have been trying to change the install location of my apps from my main ssd to a larger secondary drive but because of TrustedInstaller i don't have the permission to make this change. I have tried dozens of tutorials and suggestions online to rectify
    this but it still won't let me change my install location. Is my windows just broken? How do i fix this? and why is it so hard to change an install location!

I have error error 0x80070005 occur everytime.

3. App install location unable to change to a HDD

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    Run check disk (chkdsk)
    on D: drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

• chkdsk / f

• chkdsk /r
    3. You may be asked whether to schedule this volume to be checked next time when you restarts (Y/N).

4. Press Y key on the keyboard and press
    Enter key.

5. Restart the computer and check.

Chkdsk disclaimer:
    The Chkdsk (Check Disc) scan will try to identify and repair bad sectors found on the hard drive. Any data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. The computer can also go into a no boot state. Proceed at your
    own risk.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on installing the apps on D: drive for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 14, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

i get this error when i try to change my app install location to my 10tb drive. how do i...

How do I install a 10Tb HD

Hi Ivan, you were correct to select GPT file system . . .

What is the Make and model of that 10TB drive

Open Disc Management

Please provide a screenshot of that window

Open a Command Prompt

Run this Command and hit Enter:

diskpart

When that command completes, run this command and hit Enter:

list disk

What size does Diskpart display for that drive?

DaveM121, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

i get this error when i try to change my app install location to my 10tb drive. how do i...

1. i get this error when i try to change my app install location to my 10tb drive. how do i... - Similar Threads - error try change

2. How do I Locate which drive my OS is on, and change it to the C: drive if it's not on there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Locate which drive my OS is on, and change it to the C: drive if it's not on there...: recently reinstalled windows 11 to my Dell G5 15 laptop. It now uses almost 100% of my HDD, I already used chkdsk to try and resolve this issue. It also seems to have reassigned my D drive as my OS drive, and my C drive as my data drive. But for some reason still thinks the...
  3. How do I Locate which drive my OS is on, and change it to the C: drive if it's not on there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Locate which drive my OS is on, and change it to the C: drive if it's not on there...: recently reinstalled windows 11 to my Dell G5 15 laptop. It now uses almost 100% of my HDD, I already used chkdsk to try and resolve this issue. It also seems to have reassigned my D drive as my OS drive, and my C drive as my data drive. But for some reason still thinks the...
  4. I get this message when I try to change my password:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get this message when I try to change my password:: When I try to change my password, I go to a bright red page that says:Deceptive site ahead Attackers on statics-marketingsites-wcus-ms-com.akamaized.net may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information for example,...
  5. I get this message when I try to change my password:

I get this message when I try to change my password:: When I try to change my password, I go to a bright red page that says:Deceptive site ahead Attackers on statics-marketingsites-wcus-ms-com.akamaized.net may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information for example,...
  6. I made an error when I changed the file location of my pictures folder. How do I revert the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I made an error when I changed the file location of my pictures folder. How do I revert the...: My PC is dual storage and has a 240GB SSD and a 2TB HDD. Most of the root files of my system were placed by default on this SSD Program Files, Users, Windows, etc. As I've had this PC for nearly 4 years this SSD is nearing capacity, and today I tried moving files off of it to...
  7. I made an error when I changed the file location of my pictures folder. How do I revert the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made an error when I changed the file location of my pictures folder. How do I revert the...: My PC is dual storage and has a 240GB SSD and a 2TB HDD. Most of the root files of my system were placed by default on this SSD Program Files, Users, Windows, etc. As I've had this PC for nearly 4 years this SSD is nearing capacity, and today I tried moving files off of it to...
  8. I made an error when I changed the file location of my pictures folder. How do I revert the...

9. Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.

Getting an error message when trying to change app install location.: Ultimately I am attempting to install a game. There is not enough room on my c: drive to do this so I go to change the app install location and it tells me there are app's from another device installed on D: drive would you like to remove them to install. I click yes I get...
  10. How do I change my default install drive (I spilt it)

How do I change my default install drive (I spilt it): A while back I had to completely reinstall windows on my computer because it got a deadly virus. Ever since, I've split the hard drive. (C: Drive and E: Drive) C: Drive is where my system is kept, and I don't want it to get corrupted, so I try to download everything onto the...