Windows 10: I get this message but no update 1909 W10Pro activated with a Win7 key on a sticker on my...

Discus and support I get this message but no update 1909 W10Pro activated with a Win7 key on a sticker on my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/rBles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m70tt5/i_get_this_message_but_no_update_1909_w10pro/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rBles, Mar 17, 2021.

1. /u/rBles Win User

I get this message but no update 1909 W10Pro activated with a Win7 key on a sticker on my...

/u/rBles, Mar 17, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Successfully activated Win10 Using Win7 COA Sticker Key today

Further evidence that a clean install will still be activated on a machine that has never run Windows 10 before.

I have just purchased a second hand Dell latitude E7440 Ultrabook. Checking the service tag with Dell Support shows it was originally shipped in March 2014 and supplied with Windows 8.1. The evidence is that this was then used in a corporate environment as it had been wiped and a 32-bit Windows 7 Enterprise image installed, activated with a MAK key according to ShowKeyPlus...
    I wiped the drive and installed 1803 from a boot USB made by the MCT. Setup found the 8.1 key in the firmware so I was not asked for the edition to install or a key. On connecting to the internet Windows 10 Home was activated with a digital licence.

This still leaves me with...
    ...from post #2 which I can now set aside for testing further down the line.

3. in other words dual boot W10PRO ... one key w10pro.

dual boot... one key w10pro.

I have a tricky Q

I have two bays/drives HDD (C:/ w10pro 650GB+ T:/ 350GB) +( D:/ 500GB) currently

if take the D:/ out AND IN ITS PLACE put SSD and install W10Pro (same key as C:/ - is upgrade from 8.1 pro needs key???) on SSD

can boot choose on turn on of PC either from C:/ or from SSD???

in other words
    dual boot W10PRO ... one key
    w10pro.

IF CAN, HOW FIND KEY W10PRO IN CURRENT???

Lse123polis, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

I get this message but no update 1909 W10Pro activated with a Win7 key on a sticker on my...

Windows 10 Activation Issue

As an OEM Windows laptop, there should be a CoA sticker on it with an OEM key for the original W7 Home edition. If you can still read it then you should be able to clean install W10 Home with that key and activate it. See...

Successfully activated Win10 Using Win7 COA Sticker Key today

Unfortunately you cannot downgrade a W10 Pro install to W10 Home so it would have to be a clean install of W10 Home.

Thema:

1. I get this message but no update 1909 W10Pro activated with a Win7 key on a sticker on my... - Similar Threads - message update 1909

2. I have product key of my laptop with sticker, Can I get digital key for same

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have product key of my laptop with sticker, Can I get digital key for same: I have product key of my laptop with sticker, Can I get digital key for same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-product-key-of-my-laptop-with-sticker-can-i/044fdee5-6c96-449c-9df2-ba9d9afbbe1c
  3. I have product key of my laptop with sticker, Can I get digital key for same

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have product key of my laptop with sticker, Can I get digital key for same: I have product key of my laptop with sticker, Can I get digital key for same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-product-key-of-my-laptop-with-sticker-can-i/044fdee5-6c96-449c-9df2-ba9d9afbbe1c
  4. I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...: The code is a few years old as i haven’t thought to look into whether i can find the second half of the key.Also, my computer is currently giving me Error code: 0x800705B4 in the activation page in settings. The error code is alongside a message that says “we can’t activate...
  5. I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...: The code is a few years old as i haven’t thought to look into whether i can find the second half of the key.Also, my computer is currently giving me Error code: 0x800705B4 in the activation page in settings. The error code is alongside a message that says “we can’t activate...
  6. New Windows Key Sticker

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Windows Key Sticker: Hello, I built a windows PC with one of those windows key stickers that have the key for your activation inside, but when I swapped cases, the glue didn't work anymore so I couldn't put it on my new case. Is there any way of receiving a new sticker? the reason I actually want...
  7. can't activate w10pro retail

can't activate w10pro retail: OS: windows 10 pro retail Build: 1903 OS Build 18362.356 computer: custom built install type: from scratch, not an upgrade Hello, When I try to activate windows with my product key I get "Unable to activate windows" and get an error code 0x803fa067 no letter l or L...
  8. windows 10 activation with win7 keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 activation with win7 keys: I haven't been able to find a clear answer to this question. Can anyone tell me whether or not Win7 keys will continue to activate windows 10 after the January End of Support for 7 submitted by /u/MoeTheSurgeon [link] [comments]...
  9. Successfully activated Win10 Using Win7 COA Sticker Key today

Successfully activated Win10 Using Win7 COA Sticker Key today: The title of my Windows Enterprise Desktop blog post for today says it all: Win7 Still Activates Win10 2/27/18. Cheers! --Ed-- 105121
  10. Buying a Win7 activation key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buying a Win7 activation key?: Is there a way to just buy a Win7 Pro 64bit key off Microsoft's site? Or do I have to buy a physical copy? All I'm trying to do is get the free upgrade to Win10 Pro 64. If I heard right you can just put the Window 7 key in when activating Win10 now. -Thanks 45531