Windows 10: I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an...

Discus and support I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We apologize. We are unable to complete your request on this device. So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fogHORN48, Jul 6, 2019.

1. fogHORN48 Win User

I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an...

We apologize. We are unable to complete your request on this device.

So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.).

:)

fogHORN48, Jul 6, 2019

2. Buying a phone from overseas

Hi There,

I'm looking at bringing a whole bunch of phones in from overseas (say North America or UK) to do some system compatibility testing. My colleagues overseas have a wide array of existing phones and basically i'm wondering if I can save money and borrow these
    for my testing.

Is the Nokia model that I buy in Australia exactly the same as the Nokia I'd buy overseas? Or are the phones localised to the market they're sold in? (assume I get the phone outright and it's not network locked).

If they are different between countries, then could I do a firmware upgrade online to turn it into an 'Australian' phone?

The one thing i've found so far is that I need to check that the phone is capable of running on the Australian mobile frequency bands.

Cheers!

s_rowse---01, Jul 6, 2019
  3. twilyth Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Jul 6, 2019
  4. I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an...

California to Ban Cell Phones/Laptops/Mobile Devices on Road

Ive almost been hit 100 times by folks talking on their damn cell phones and not paying attention. About time someone stepped up and did something.

WarEagleAU, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an...

1. I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an... - Similar Threads - cell phone trying

2. I’m trying to change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I...: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I have all the info it needs* Changed to a question* Original title: Cell phone...
  3. I’m trying to change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I...: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I have all the info it needs* Changed to a question* Original title: Cell phone...
  4. HOW DO I CONNECT MY CELL PHONE TO THE INTERNET ON MY MODUM

HOW DO I CONNECT MY CELL PHONE TO THE INTERNET ON MY MODUM: HOW DO I CONNETCT MY CELL PHONE TO THE INTERNET THRU MY CENTURY LINK MODUM;? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-cell-phone-to-the-internet-on/edd70005-0dc6-4fde-836c-92ca66bd538f
  5. How do I use Sim card of my cell phone in surface pro9 as a phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use Sim card of my cell phone in surface pro9 as a phone: I put Sim card from my cell phone into my surface pro 9.What should I do to turn my surface pro 9 into a phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-sim-card-of-my-cell-phone-in-surface/8c02f8f1-b3bb-4631-b232-4903039735a3
  6. How do I use Sim card of my cell phone in surface pro9 as a phone

How do I use Sim card of my cell phone in surface pro9 as a phone: I put Sim card from my cell phone into my surface pro 9.What should I do to turn my surface pro 9 into a phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-sim-card-of-my-cell-phone-in-surface/8c02f8f1-b3bb-4631-b232-4903039735a3
  7. When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...

When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...: When I try to sign in, I don't get the password box, but get a box saying that "I had asked to change my security phone number", so when I try to change it, it tells me that "You can't access this site right now", so how do I change it???...
  8. When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...: When I try to sign in, I don't get the password box, but get a box saying that "I had asked to change my security phone number", so when I try to change it, it tells me that "You can't access this site right now", so how do I change it???...
  9. When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. I keep getting this when I try to use my camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep getting this when I try to use my camera: I keep getting this result when I try to use my webcamera. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-this-when-i-try-to-use-my-camera/aa2fe459-e369-4087-8d9c-e3c1ba44849e