Windows 10: I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an...

Discus and support I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We apologize. We are unable to complete your request on this device. So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fogHORN48, Jul 6, 2019.

1. fogHORN48 Win User

I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an...

We apologize. We are unable to complete your request on this device.

So that you may continue to shop, we recommend using a different device (laptop, phone, tablet, etc.).

:)

fogHORN48, Jul 6, 2019

2. Buying a phone from overseas

Hi There,

I'm looking at bringing a whole bunch of phones in from overseas (say North America or UK) to do some system compatibility testing. My colleagues overseas have a wide array of existing phones and basically i'm wondering if I can save money and borrow these
    for my testing.

Is the Nokia model that I buy in Australia exactly the same as the Nokia I'd buy overseas? Or are the phones localised to the market they're sold in? (assume I get the phone outright and it's not network locked).

If they are different between countries, then could I do a firmware upgrade online to turn it into an 'Australian' phone?

The one thing i've found so far is that I need to check that the phone is capable of running on the Australian mobile frequency bands.

Cheers!

s_rowse---01, Jul 6, 2019
  3. twilyth Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Jul 6, 2019
  4. I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an...

California to Ban Cell Phones/Laptops/Mobile Devices on Road

Ive almost been hit 100 times by folks talking on their damn cell phones and not paying attention. About time someone stepped up and did something.

WarEagleAU, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an...

1. I get this on my GO and my cell phone when trying to buy overseas, but fine if i use an... - Similar Threads - cell phone trying

2. how can i get my cell phone bluetooh working ... i have bluetooh hearing aids.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i get my cell phone bluetooh working ... i have bluetooh hearing aids.: how can i get my cell phone bluetooh working ... i have bluetooh hearing aids. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-cell-phone-bluetooh-working-i/662bc866-9e14-41c3-bc0e-bdeafa30ccc8
  3. Recently buyed a game Minecraft and when i tried to insert it into my CD drive when i tried...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recently buyed a game Minecraft and when i tried to insert it into my CD drive when i tried...: I have windows 10.. recently i buyed a game named Minecraft when i tried to insert disc into my CD drive it wont open like its stuck ... Any help microsoft please ?...
  4. I keep getting error code 0x807 when I try to connect to one of my computers at work using...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I keep getting error code 0x807 when I try to connect to one of my computers at work using...: The computer with the issue can connect to the computer I'm trying to connect from but not visa versa. When I try to connect, I get this error: Your session ended because of an error. If this keeps happening, contact your network administrator for assistance. Error code:...
  5. transfer photos from my cell phone

transfer photos from my cell phone: I need to transfer my photos that I have in my cell phone to my Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-photos-from-my-cell-phone/da8391f5-0f79-49cc-b97a-fdd9d368622d"
  6. when I try and use microsoft store i get error 0x800704C7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    when I try and use microsoft store i get error 0x800704C7: 0x800704C7 when I try and use microsoft store. It says I am not on line, but I am. It also states my internet is down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-and-use-microsoft-store-i-get-error/15d1906b-2de1-46d9-a1ba-1838f2206c86
  7. My battery died when i use trying to do an update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My battery died when i use trying to do an update: My battery died when i use trying to do an update. Now my laptop will not do a system restore or repair. What can i do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/updates/dd9f3af2-48da-42c8-b2ce-64c0d2822600
  8. Getting Info From a Cell Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Info From a Cell Phone: I have a Samsung Android Note 8. I'm looking for a FREE program that will allow me to download my phone contacts list to my computer for printing and backup. I'm trying to avoid having to hand copy the list and make it easier to update my backup as I add/subtract contacts....
  9. can i use my total wireless cell phone as a fax modem with windows 10

can i use my total wireless cell phone as a fax modem with windows 10: can I use my total wireless cell phone as a fax modem with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/can-i-use-my-total-wireless-cell-phone-as-a-fax/976fc362-df95-4767-8c92-3f9ade0692e9
  10. When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.: I have a custom built PC (built last year) and recently when I lock my windows screen, after a few seconds it tries to go in sleep mode then it wakes itself up on its own then few seconds later it tries again. 1. I lock my screen 2. after i lock it, it brings me to my...