Windows 10: I get "This PC can't be upgraded to windows 10" when trying to downgrade editions?

Discus and support I get "This PC can't be upgraded to windows 10" when trying to downgrade editions? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So last week I built a brand new PC, clean installed windows and put in my windows home product key. But I accidentally installed pro instead of home.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BeeeeboHungry, Jul 13, 2020.

1. I get "This PC can't be upgraded to windows 10" when trying to downgrade editions?

So last week I built a brand new PC, clean installed windows and put in my windows home product key. But I accidentally installed pro instead of home. So now it tells me to Activate windows. So when researching how to downgrade I came across the whole registry edit solution. I changed everything to the correct values and attempted to do a in-place install of windows. But now its telling me "your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of windows".

Anyone know a solutions here?

Don't know if it matters but I have a R5 3600, and a RX 3600XT.

submitted by /u/BeeeeboHungry
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BeeeeboHungry, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 13, 2020
  4. I get "This PC can't be upgraded to windows 10" when trying to downgrade editions?

bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

I get "This PC can't be upgraded to windows 10" when trying to downgrade editions?

1. I get "This PC can't be upgraded to windows 10" when trying to downgrade editions? - Similar Threads - can't upgraded trying

2. I can't get into my Windows 10 PC after I place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get into my Windows 10 PC after I place upgrade: I couldn't update with the October update. So the support person did an in-place upgrade. Right afterwards it appeared to work. So I turn off the PC like I always do. I used biometrics to log in. It recognizes me, and it looks like I can sign in, but then it asks me to sign...
  3. Windows edition auto-downgraded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows edition auto-downgraded?: Weird issue, never encountered this before: Was running Windows 10 Pro, 21H1. Upgraded 10 to Windows 11 via a mounted ISO from Microsoft's download page. Ran fine for a while, then had an issue that required me to reinstall. I took advantage of the problem as an opportunity...
  4. Is it possible to get compensation or a fix as when I tried to downgrade from windows 11 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to get compensation or a fix as when I tried to downgrade from windows 11 to...: I recently tried to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 and after trying my pc has now been put into a death loop saying it can't install ntsf.sys and it is completely Microsoft's fault is there a way I can get compensation or help with this problem?...
  5. Is it possible to get compensation or a fix as when I tried to downgrade from windows 11 to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to get compensation or a fix as when I tried to downgrade from windows 11 to...: I recently tried to downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 and after trying my pc has now been put into a death loop saying it can't install ntsf.sys and it is completely Microsoft's fault is there a way I can get compensation or help with this problem?...
  6. I have Bedrock edition on pc and I tried getting Java edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Bedrock edition on pc and I tried getting Java edition: I have Bedrock edition on pc and I tried getting Java edition but it tells me to buy it or to get the game pass for pc, a friend of mine had java and i got him bedrock with the new Minecraft update but it wont work for me...
  7. I have Bedrock edition on pc and I tried getting Java edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Bedrock edition on pc and I tried getting Java edition: I have Bedrock edition on pc and I tried getting Java edition but it tells me to buy it or to get the game pass for pc, a friend of mine had java and i got him bedrock with the new Minecraft update but it wont work for me...
  8. How do I downgrade windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I downgrade windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition?: I have an unactivated trial version of windows 10 pro, but a key for windows 10 home edition. Unfortunately this key cannot be entered in the activation settings since it’s technically a lower class of windows, and Microsoft only allows you to upgrade your operating system....
  9. Can't get Minecraft 10 edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't get Minecraft 10 edition: I've had Minecraft java edition since May 1, 2014 yet i have no option to download the windows 10 edition but it gives me the option to buy it. Why can't I download the windows 10 edition when I've bought Minecraft before 2018?...
  10. Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...: I recently just finished building my dream pc & managed to get Windows 10 on it without any actual "issues". The only thing I didn't realize until later on was that I originally intended to get Windows 10Home edition & instead I have the Windows 10 Pro edition which I don't...