Windows 10: I get video tdr failure when installing graphic driver

Discus and support I get video tdr failure when installing graphic driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have recently changed my HDD in laptop because of bad sector, everything is normal and all until someday my laptop screen turn off repeatedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ademas9, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Ademas9 Win User

I get video tdr failure when installing graphic driver

Hello

I have recently changed my HDD in laptop because of bad sector, everything is normal and all until someday my laptop screen turn off repeatedly and got bluescreen. It is said video tdr failure. I try to reinstall the windows and turn out the problem happen whenever I install the graphic driver. No matter the Sources I got the driver it is always the same, I bring it to service and they said it was my HDD that got a problem (remember I just changed it). So I doubt that it was my harddisk.

The questions

-Are there any other causes of this error?

-is it possible that my graphic hardware is broken?

Thank you

:)

Ademas9, Aug 15, 2019

2. Intel HD graphics drivers and Video TDR Failure

I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 with an Intel Atom CPU z3740D running Windows 10 Home version 1607 OS Build 14393.187. Two weeks ago I started to get Video TDR Failures, to the point were the PC is unusable as it freezes up two to five times a minute and
    usually fails within two minutes. I am not sure if I received an update or not. I assumed it was a minor issue so I refreshed my PC. This did not fix the issue so I did a complete reinstall of Windows 8, then updated to Windows 10, again this did not fix
    the issue. I read on line about updating the Intel HD graphics driver, so I went to Dell's web site and updated the drivers and BIOS per Dell's suggestion, still no fix. I used a system restore from my son's Dell Venue 8 Pro, thinking it may be an update
    that I missed, no fix to the Video TDR Failure. I have downloaded the following drivers from both Dell and Intel; Intel HD Graphics Version 10.18.10.4252, 10.18.10.4338, and 10.18.10.4425. all three give me the Video TDR Failure. I am currently running the
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter for the Display adaptor. I do not receive the Video TDR Failure with Microsoft's Basic Display Adapter, but the camera does not work and when the PC goes to sleep and the screen backlight stays on. I ran Dell's system analysis
    to see if there were any issues, the PC checks out good with the Microsoft Adapter, however when installing the Intel graphics driver the analysis would not proceed through the graphics test. I installed a Logitech web cam with drivers just to see if it would
    work and I had no problems. I am not sure if it is an Intel/Windows 10 issue as I have Windows 10 running on my son's Venue 8, and have gone through all the suggestions listed on both Dell's support sight as well as Microsoft's web site; or a hardware issue.
    Any help will be appreciated.

MarcusAlleman, Aug 15, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    BSOD Video TDR Failure

She probably needs to do a video driver update. Get her to go to the manufacturers website for her graphics card and update her graphics card drivers.

Try looking at this thread to see a similar problem: BSOD video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys

philc43, Aug 15, 2019
  4. I get video tdr failure when installing graphic driver

Error VIDEO TDR FAILURE- Graphic card issue.

Original title: Media Graphics Accelerators

Hello

I was using Intel atom N2600 when I upgrade my windows 7 to 10.

The graphics is to low. I try to change the driver but intel driver for windows 10 32-bit

don't support my Intel. So I was suggested to use Media Graphics Accelerators,

when I install it then my windows corrupted. It keep display VIDEO TDR FAILURE then restart.

I have to reset the windows to prevent it from keep repeating.

So how to solve this problem?

Azan_Azizi, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

I get video tdr failure when installing graphic driver

1. I get video tdr failure when installing graphic driver - Similar Threads - video tdr failure

2. Video TDR Failure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR Failure...: HelloI have a i5 9400f, 8x2gb ram and a GTX 1050ti. After some time it shows video tdr failure. When i use brower it crashes the most my pc crash like this more than 5-6times a day on average.... Need the fix :/...
  3. Video TDR Failure...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video TDR Failure...: HelloI have a i5 9400f, 8x2gb ram and a GTX 1050ti. After some time it shows video tdr failure. When i use brower it crashes the most my pc crash like this more than 5-6times a day on average.... Need the fix :/...
  4. Video TDR failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR failure: Ok so I’ve been getting the error video TDR failure I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but I keep getting the error I have a 6gb 1060 msi gpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-tdr-failure/aa6b1332-97ca-4963-95b8-3ad19165ab12
  5. video tdr failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video tdr failure: hello. recently, while i was just doing regular stuff, a video tdr failure error occurred. bsod and all that stuff. after reading some suggestions, none of them helped since in my case error occured just after booting the pc. this makes updating/downgrading gpu drivers...
  6. video tdr failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video tdr failure: hello. recently, while i was just doing regular stuff, a video tdr failure error occurred. bsod and all that stuff. after reading some suggestions, none of them helped since in my case error occured just after booting the pc. this makes updating/downgrading gpu drivers...
  7. BSoD Video TDR Failure nvlddmkm.sys when installing drivers

BSoD Video TDR Failure nvlddmkm.sys when installing drivers: Hello everyone, I have bought a new gpu recently and whenever I install the new driver for it my monitor turns black and I get a BSoD with the error message "Video TDR Failure nvlddmkm.sys". I have already tried various things like: - Installing older drivers - installing the...
  8. I get video tdr failure whenever I install my gpu drivers.

I get video tdr failure whenever I install my gpu drivers.: Alright so I think I already posted this question but for some reason the thread won't work for me so time to ask again. I built my first pc recently and whenever I install the drivers for my graphics card, my pc goes to video tdr failure. At first I thought it was a faulty...
  9. Video TDR failure after graphics card driver installation

Video TDR failure after graphics card driver installation: I built my first PC recently, and while installing my graphics card drivers, my PC went into a blue screen showing video tdr failure. I then went into system restore and tried again, but everytime i install my drivers it goes back to this. This also happened with my old gpu...
  10. Video TDR Failure

Video TDR Failure: I keep getting a blue screen saying I have a Video TDR Failure and then it shuts my computer down, what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-tdr-failure/f6871843-06fe-4392-ab40-dbe83b78da70

Users found this page by searching for:

1. z3740d graphics driver

2. blue screen nvlddmkm.sys while installing driver

3. installing amd drivers gives video tdr failure

4. video tdr failure when installing drivers,
  5. tdr video failure when installing driver