Windows 10: I get video tdr failure whenever I install my gpu drivers.

Discus and support I get video tdr failure whenever I install my gpu drivers. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright so I think I already posted this question but for some reason the thread won't work for me so time to ask again. I built my first pc recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ayatsoho, Jan 20, 2021.

1. ayatsoho Win User

I get video tdr failure whenever I install my gpu drivers.

Alright so I think I already posted this question but for some reason the thread won't work for me so time to ask again.

I built my first pc recently and whenever I install the drivers for my graphics card, my pc goes to video tdr failure. At first I thought it was a faulty gpu. So I returned my rx 580 and got a gtx 1660 super. Problem prevailed. So after trying some other methods my friend said i might have had a bad pci slot on my mother board b450 ds3h. So I returned that and got a b450 tomahawk max. Downloaded correct chipset, processor and motherboard drivers. But when I install the gpu drivers the problem still happens. So now I'm back at square one. Can anyone help?

specs:

cpu: ryzen 5 2600

gpu: gtx 1660 super

ram :T-Force Vulcan Z 2x8gb 3200

storage :Western Digital 500GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD

:)

ayatsoho, Jan 20, 2021

2. Video TDR Failure what failed atikpag.sys

Video TDR failure occur if the video card driver stops working. To resolve this, we suggest that you uninstall all software and drivers of your video card; then, install the latest drivers.

Your reply is most important to us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Intel HD graphics drivers and Video TDR Failure

I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 with an Intel Atom CPU z3740D running Windows 10 Home version 1607 OS Build 14393.187. Two weeks ago I started to get Video TDR Failures, to the point were the PC is unusable as it freezes up two to five times a minute and
    usually fails within two minutes. I am not sure if I received an update or not. I assumed it was a minor issue so I refreshed my PC. This did not fix the issue so I did a complete reinstall of Windows 8, then updated to Windows 10, again this did not fix
    the issue. I read on line about updating the Intel HD graphics driver, so I went to Dell's web site and updated the drivers and BIOS per Dell's suggestion, still no fix. I used a system restore from my son's Dell Venue 8 Pro, thinking it may be an update
    that I missed, no fix to the Video TDR Failure. I have downloaded the following drivers from both Dell and Intel; Intel HD Graphics Version 10.18.10.4252, 10.18.10.4338, and 10.18.10.4425. all three give me the Video TDR Failure. I am currently running the
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter for the Display adaptor. I do not receive the Video TDR Failure with Microsoft's Basic Display Adapter, but the camera does not work and when the PC goes to sleep and the screen backlight stays on. I ran Dell's system analysis
    to see if there were any issues, the PC checks out good with the Microsoft Adapter, however when installing the Intel graphics driver the analysis would not proceed through the graphics test. I installed a Logitech web cam with drivers just to see if it would
    work and I had no problems. I am not sure if it is an Intel/Windows 10 issue as I have Windows 10 running on my son's Venue 8, and have gone through all the suggestions listed on both Dell's support sight as well as Microsoft's web site; or a hardware issue.
    Any help will be appreciated.

MarcusAlleman, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys

Hi Kelly,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why you received the error message
    VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have tried updating your drivers?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. I get video tdr failure whenever I install my gpu drivers. - Similar Threads - video tdr failure

2. I GOT VIDEO TDR FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I GOT VIDEO TDR FAILURE: I am using Windows 10 Pro and just got the video TDR FAILURE bsod. its just everytime I open my pc. I'm not able to use my computer. I use AMD graphics card btw. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-video-tdr-failure/8395cc62-dce8-442b-a814-407acf857302
  3. I GOT VIDEO TDR FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I GOT VIDEO TDR FAILURE: I am using Windows 10 Pro and just got the video TDR FAILURE bsod. its just everytime I open my pc. I'm not able to use my computer. I use AMD graphics card btw. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-video-tdr-failure/8395cc62-dce8-442b-a814-407acf857302
  4. I GOT VIDEO TDR FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. what is video tdr failure and why did I get it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is video tdr failure and why did I get it?: So I was just logging on to my laptop, I didn’t do anything except connect to the wifi. I have 4 startup applications but I’m not sure if that affects the TDR failure. My Laptop is a Dell G15 5510. it’s not very fast. Then I just get struck with a blue screen. I didn’t get...
  6. Video TDR Failure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video TDR Failure...: HelloI have a i5 9400f, 8x2gb ram and a GTX 1050ti. After some time it shows video tdr failure. When i use brower it crashes the most my pc crash like this more than 5-6times a day on average.... Need the fix :/...
  7. Video TDR Failure...

Video TDR Failure...: HelloI have a i5 9400f, 8x2gb ram and a GTX 1050ti. After some time it shows video tdr failure. When i use brower it crashes the most my pc crash like this more than 5-6times a day on average.... Need the fix :/...
  8. video tdr failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video tdr failure: hello. recently, while i was just doing regular stuff, a video tdr failure error occurred. bsod and all that stuff. after reading some suggestions, none of them helped since in my case error occured just after booting the pc. this makes updating/downgrading gpu drivers...
  9. Video TDR Failure

Video TDR Failure: I keep getting a blue screen saying I have a Video TDR Failure and then it shuts my computer down, what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-tdr-failure/f6871843-06fe-4392-ab40-dbe83b78da70
  10. I get video tdr failure when installing graphic driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get video tdr failure when installing graphic driver: Hello I have recently changed my HDD in laptop because of bad sector, everything is normal and all until someday my laptop screen turn off repeatedly and got bluescreen. It is said video tdr failure. I try to reinstall the windows and turn out the problem happen whenever I...