Windows 10: I go to "Save As" and windows explorer prompts me save over another document instead of...

Discus and support I go to "Save As" and windows explorer prompts me save over another document instead of... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So if I have a document called "hello.doc" and I go to Save As, to either rename it, or save as a PDF, windows explorer automatically opens on another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nikki 1234, Jan 21, 2020.

1. I go to "Save As" and windows explorer prompts me save over another document instead of...

So if I have a document called "hello.doc" and I go to Save As, to either rename it, or save as a PDF, windows explorer automatically opens on another document and I have almost saved over other critical documents!

So, I have hello.doc > Save AS > Windows Explorers now opens to "critical_do_not_delete.doc" and highlights it, so that I can no longer see the original document name "hello.doc".

This is SCARY!

:)

Nikki 1234, Jan 21, 2020
  2. BobZ Win User

Unable to Save to Documents

I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under serurity it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the srcurity tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to save, copy and move to those folders. My account is listed in C:/Windows/Users/myname/Documents under the security tab. How do I add my name to the Documents folder in File Explorer? I think that should fix my problem.

In a not so critical glitch, my computer will not go to sleep using the power settings in the control panel.

3. Unable to save Word 2010 in Pc documents.

Original Title: Saving word files to documents

Just upgraded to windows 10 and can't save Microsoft word 2010 file to: this PC/documents/SOAG/labels. prompt says "don't have permission to save in this location. contact the administrator to obtain permission. would you like to save in documents instead?"
    I am the administrator. this is the documents folder. when I click yes, prompt window disappears and nothing is saved. Can't save to one drive either. some suggestions in the answers section suggest turning off Bluetooth to have word function better, Bluetooth
    is not connected. In order to create new folder I had to click on a security permission window. Is there something like that here that I am not finding?

Help!!! I can't use my computer if I can't save anything!!!!

DianaOzolins, Jan 21, 2020
  4. I go to "Save As" and windows explorer prompts me save over another document instead of...

How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

I go to "Save As" and windows explorer prompts me save over another document instead of...

1. I go to "Save As" and windows explorer prompts me save over another document instead of... - Similar Threads - Save explorer prompts

2. When I save a document "save as" it over-writes that and gives it a new name - the same...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I save a document "save as" it over-writes that and gives it a new name - the same...: When I save a document save as it always over-writes it to BBS Parish - I am having terrible trouble finding my documents in fact, its impossible.This never used to happen so what have I accidentally done?...
  3. When I save a document "save as" it over-writes that and gives it a new name - the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I save a document "save as" it over-writes that and gives it a new name - the same...: When I save a document save as it always over-writes it to BBS Parish - I am having terrible trouble finding my documents in fact, its impossible.This never used to happen so what have I accidentally done?...
  4. Office Apps try to save to "Shared Documents" instead of "Documents"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office Apps try to save to "Shared Documents" instead of "Documents": I am having issues with user OneDrive's attempting to save to the wrong location. I have users, when attempting to save in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, their save location is "Shared Documents." If you look, the correct location is supposed to be "Documents":Correct...
  5. Office Apps try to save to "Shared Documents" instead of "Documents"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office Apps try to save to "Shared Documents" instead of "Documents": I am having issues with user OneDrive's attempting to save to the wrong location. I have users, when attempting to save in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, their save location is "Shared Documents." If you look, the correct location is supposed to be "Documents":Correct...
  6. Office Apps try to save to "Shared Documents" instead of "Documents"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Saving Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving Documents: My documents aren't showing in MyFiles. I have made documents before and this has never occurred, but now, whenever I save a document it's doesn't show on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-documents/44523407-8d86-4854-8d72-210c6e1b76e8
  8. Saving a document.

Saving a document.: When I save a word or any file it automatically saves in 4 locations. Even though I want it save in This PC. When I delete the file in one it deletes in all. I do I get this to stop?...
  9. Saving Documents

Saving Documents: When saving documents, my save view now looks like below. I would like to change it back so that when saving, I can see my files in folders. I would appreciate advice on how to change it back. TIA. [ATTACH]...
  10. saving documents

saving documents: when I save my documents files they also save in my pictures folder, which I don't want how can I stop them doing that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-documents/1c857732-3530-416a-8c69-8bb415943a59"