Windows 10: i go to turn on y computer and it's saying won't charge how do i get my battery to charge??????

Discus and support i go to turn on y computer and it's saying won't charge how do i get my battery to charge?????? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; M BATTRY WON'T CHARGE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TraciMcEnery Kilgore, May 29, 2020.

1. i go to turn on y computer and it's saying won't charge how do i get my battery to charge??????

M

BATTRY WON'T CHARGE

:)

TraciMcEnery Kilgore, May 29, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

i go to turn on y computer and it's saying won't charge how do i get my battery to charge?????? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 29, 2020
  3. Graydrake Win User
    My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, May 29, 2020
  4. i go to turn on y computer and it's saying won't charge how do i get my battery to charge??????

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

i go to turn on y computer and it's saying won't charge how do i get my battery to charge?????? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 29, 2020
Thema:

i go to turn on y computer and it's saying won't charge how do i get my battery to charge??????

1. i go to turn on y computer and it's saying won't charge how do i get my battery to charge?????? - Similar Threads - turn computer saying

2. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my battery to charge?: Battery is not charging even though it is plugged. It has been showing I only have 8% left. I get a message that says it does not recognize the adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-battery-to-charge/5ef8eac9-c647-4a9c-85b1-431320432187
  3. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my battery to charge?: Battery is not charging even though it is plugged. It has been showing I only have 8% left. I get a message that says it does not recognize the adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-battery-to-charge/5ef8eac9-c647-4a9c-85b1-431320432187
  4. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How Do I get my Battery to charge when plugged in

How Do I get my Battery to charge when plugged in: Hi, I am working on a ASUS Windows 10 Laptop. My Battery will not charge when plugged in. If I unplug it, it shuts off and will not run on the battery. Any help will be Greatly Appreciated! Thank You!...
  6. my battery won't charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my battery won't charge: I just got a n Evoo. I plugged it in. It has been plugged in for 3 days and still won't work unless I keep it plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-wont-charge/87f4cd09-1969-4f77-9d7a-0ff9e6d30f41
  7. Battery says plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery says plugged in but not charging: Hello, I have Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X270 and up until a few days ago I had no problems charging my two batteries. Now, however, Battery 2 will not charge beyond 3% and Battery 1 will charge only up to 53% and then it stops charging. I can not remove the battery from the...
  8. Computer battery is going down despite charging it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer battery is going down despite charging it: My laptop's battery is going down despite charging. I downloaded one app called BatteryInfoView and it says the charge / discharge rate is 0 milliwatts and the battery is still draining despite the fact that I have charged my laptop....
  9. Battery won't charge.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery won't charge.: I have a Satellite P55t laptop and upgraded to Windows 10. After a few months the battery will not charge. It says 0% available (plugged in, charging). Did anybody experience the same problem & was able to solve it....
  10. my battery is plugged in but it says not charging

my battery is plugged in but it says not charging: my battery is plugged in but it says not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-battery-is-plugged-in-but-it-says-not-charging/208669e3-cde4-48ec-8950-3968843463e4