Windows 10: I goofed up. Factory Settings

Discus and support I goofed up. Factory Settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Last month I decided to factory reset my laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 running Windows 10 latest update from April. I went into factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Josephiend, May 23, 2020.

1. I goofed up. Factory Settings

Hello!

Last month I decided to factory reset my laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 running Windows 10 latest update from April.

I went into factory reset setting and as I went to click 'keep my files' my cursor jolted and instead I clicked 'Clean the Drive Fully'

I have no backup for my laptop, I had been meaning to do it but I never got around to doing it. Now when it said on a blue screen all the way up to 60% 'This may take several minutes, system may restart' it restarted once and that was it, it has been doing an endless loop to the point I had even left it for several days.

The laptop starts up as it usually would the 'Predator' loading screen then flicker to black and a second later do the same, this time with the Windows 10 loading circle and yet again flicker to black then briefly go to the same blue screen with writing I can't catch and do the reset all over again.

I've got the idea that it may not even have any drivers or Windows 10 on the laptop anymore.

Please help, I'd imagine this may very well be a professional hand required or is there still hope. What with the worlds Crisis at the moment i'm feeling a little lost as to what to do without causing further damage if at all.

{This part may very well be unrelated

I've had problems also with my CPU, it's loud and whenever the laptop started up and checked predator sense, it would be delayed for a good 30 minutes. I'd leave it and then it goes up to 2500rpm around its' usual speed, until I click CoolBoost then it goes to 500rpm or even stops entirely.

Thank you in advance, Jo.

:)

Josephiend, May 23, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 23, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 23, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

I goofed up. Factory Settings

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 23, 2020
Thema:

I goofed up. Factory Settings

1. I goofed up. Factory Settings - Similar Threads - goofed Factory Settings

2. Live.com goofing up today!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live.com goofing up today!: All Junk mail this morning in inbox Reset MailChkdsk /f to restart reentered Account infostill all junk mail in in box & not in Junk directory where it was sending to yesterday!...
  3. Live.com goofing up today!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live.com goofing up today!: All Junk mail this morning in inbox Reset MailChkdsk /f to restart reentered Account infostill all junk mail in in box & not in Junk directory where it was sending to yesterday!...
  4. Live.com goofing up today!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Boot Goof!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Goof!: I'm a semi Geek myself, but we Geeks are still more than capable of making "human" mistakes! I did! On my laptop I accidentally disabled all services in "msconfig" when trying to boot into SAFE mode. Big goof. I now cannot boot or access anything. I took out the SSD and...
  6. Windows Boot Goof!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Boot Goof!: I'm a semi Geek myself, but we Geeks are still more than capable of making "human" mistakes! I did! On my laptop I accidentally disabled all services in "msconfig" when trying to boot into SAFE mode. Big goof. I now cannot boot or access anything. I took out the SSD and...
  7. Windows Boot Goof!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Macrium First Time - Goof?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium First Time - Goof?: Well gang, I am finally onboard with this tool and successfully created my first system image backup using this tutorial (Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect). However the tutorial said that first usage would produce a request to create Rescue Media. This seemed like a...
  9. Moved to 2004; Microsoft and Office accounts are goofed up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Moved to 2004; Microsoft and Office accounts are goofed up: First, about five weeks agoI posted "There is a problem with your Microsoft account" message which may have been a similar problem, and was eventually resolved by following the instruction at How To Stop The "Microsoft Account Problem" Notification | Bruceb Consulting Then...
  10. I done goofed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I done goofed: I've been having a lot of issues with the USB connection of the Oculus Rift S, and I've tried basically everything to get it working again to no avail. So I thought, well not everyone has these issues, so maybe it's a problem with the USB controller itself. I uninstalled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on color default