Windows 10: i got a bios update from hp and now my pc is not working right please tell me how to roll...

Discus and support i got a bios update from hp and now my pc is not working right please tell me how to roll... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i got an bios update AMI F.61 dated 25/03/2022 that was upgrade to my former bios AMI F.51 dated 26/11/2021, I thought it was just a usual update just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnonymousFYIFYI_107, Apr 16, 2022.

1. i got a bios update from hp and now my pc is not working right please tell me how to roll...

i got an bios update AMI F.61 dated 25/03/2022 that was upgrade to my former bios AMI F.51 dated 26/11/2021, I thought it was just a usual update just like the ones from windows update it came from hp support assistant but after it was successfully patched, my display suddenly became distorted, I investigated this in the device manager and found out that most of my drivers have stopped working even though I attempted uninstall and reinstall of those drivers the outcome is still the samei searched about bios updates and found out it is actually really risky to update bios and it is only advis

:)

AnonymousFYIFYI_107, Apr 16, 2022

2. New HP Bios updated back to S mode

I purchased an HP Envy X360 in September of 2018 in December of 2018 I updated the BIOS using the HP Support Assistant software; the computer started having graphics problems. Long story short, I wasn't able to roll back the BIOS update and HP did a repair
    under warranty. The computer was returned with the previous BIOS installed and months later when a new BIOS version was released it wasn't the same as the problem BIOS. Here is a link to an HP support page with the steps to update the BIOS, maybe you can roll
    back the BIOS to the previous version.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/tech-takes/how-to-update-bios-software#!

Toward the bottom of this page is "Update the BIOS on the original computer:" follow the steps to access the "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI menu" and see if you can revert to the previous BIOS without having to go through the steps of creating a bootable
    USB drive.

JDKnoblett, Apr 16, 2022
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Apr 16, 2022
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

i got a bios update from hp and now my pc is not working right please tell me how to roll...

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

i got a bios update from hp and now my pc is not working right please tell me how to roll... nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Apr 16, 2022
Thema:

i got a bios update from hp and now my pc is not working right please tell me how to roll...

1. i got a bios update from hp and now my pc is not working right please tell me how to roll... - Similar Threads - got bios update

2. Please tell me how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please tell me how to fix it?: I was a Linux user now I'm trying to shift to windows at first I download iso file and after that I booted my usb device everything went well and I got install tab in front of me after that I selected date and time the window 10 pro after that I got this compatibility issue...
  3. Please tell me how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please tell me how to fix it?: I was a Linux user now I'm trying to shift to windows at first I download iso file and after that I booted my usb device everything went well and I got install tab in front of me after that I selected date and time the window 10 pro after that I got this compatibility issue...
  4. Please tell me how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. i got a memory management bsod, please tell me how to prevent this in future

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got a memory management bsod, please tell me how to prevent this in future: i am sharing the minidump file through this dropbox link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-memory-management-bsod-please-tell-me-how/fcd2dbff-865b-43f8-9a81-ae8745dbadbd
  6. i got a memory management bsod, please tell me how to prevent this in future

i got a memory management bsod, please tell me how to prevent this in future: i am sharing the minidump file through this dropbox link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-memory-management-bsod-please-tell-me-how/fcd2dbff-865b-43f8-9a81-ae8745dbadbd
  7. i got a bios update from hp and now my pc is not working right please tell me how to roll...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got a bios update from hp and now my pc is not working right please tell me how to roll...: i got an bios update AMI F.61 dated 25/03/2022 that was upgrade to my former bios AMI F.51 dated 26/11/2021, I thought it was just a usual update just like the ones from windows update it came from hp support assistant but after it was successfully patched, my display...
  8. Please tell me how to download HP Support Assistant from Microsoft Store by sharing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please tell me how to download HP Support Assistant from Microsoft Store by sharing the...: I am an HP PC user who uses HP Support Assistant for various tasks such as checking my PC warranty and fixing network and printer issues that are a great alternative to the troubleshooters provided by the Windows operating system. It also provides driver updates on a monthly...
  9. Please tell me how to download HP Support Assistant from Microsoft Store by sharing the...

Please tell me how to download HP Support Assistant from Microsoft Store by sharing the...: I am an HP PC user who uses HP Support Assistant for various tasks such as checking my PC warranty and fixing network and printer issues that are a great alternative to the troubleshooters provided by the Windows operating system. It also provides driver updates on a monthly...
  10. how to i headphone enable? please tell me

how to i headphone enable? please tell me: how to i headphone enable? please tell me!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-headphone-enable-please-tell-me/7d878e5a-ef53-4ea4-91fa-4ed63300f58a