Windows 10: I got a black screen during the installation of windows 10

Discus and support I got a black screen during the installation of windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; is it common to get a black screen while installing windows 10? i can move my cursor and everything seems fine. I had also just finished confirming my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xT0X1Cx50, Apr 19, 2020.

1. xT0X1Cx50 Win User

I got a black screen during the installation of windows 10

is it common to get a black screen while installing windows 10? i can move my cursor and everything seems fine. I had also just finished confirming my settings for windows as well. could it be that its just finishing the update?

:)

xT0X1Cx50, Apr 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Apr 19, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. I got a black screen during the installation of windows 10 - Similar Threads - got black screen

2. Black Screen during install of 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen during install of 20H2 update: It asked me to restart so the install can start. Everything was going well until it hit 26% when it restarted. Nothing alarming as I know this happens a lot during an update. The problem is that it is now stuck at a black screen. I tried to wait and went to sleep. 5 hours and...
  3. Black screen during windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during windows install: I have upgraded my pc last night and tried installing windows 3 tines but each time half way through the install, the screen turns black (not off). Any ideas? submitted by /u/ltbutler6 [link] [comments]...
  4. I got black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got black screen: I tried upgrade to Win 10 but after the login its all black I can do Ctrl Alt Delete to open Task Manager. What should I do? Coming from Win 8 submitted by /u/IntelligentAdvanced [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6ln9w/i_got_black_screen/
  5. Windows 10 black screen during installation and every restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen during installation and every restart: My problem was solved by removing the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse's usb dongle. I went to Logitech's website and downloaded the firmware for my mouse's model and the problem was resolved....
  6. Windows 10 October Update - Black screen during the installation

Windows 10 October Update - Black screen during the installation: Hey I have a problem with updating the windows - After second reboot it goes black screen. Here is the Panther folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mC8Y1h3WyZJ4O1ycINF7ZdohiU4RNZ7W Also I have to delete Intel Videocard driver in order to get a progress in updating - is...
  7. Windows 10 install produced black screen during setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 install produced black screen during setup: Does anyone have a solution for this? Reboot does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-install-produced-black-screen-during/acc00a11-ff2b-46b8-90d7-11757852b954
  8. Windows 10 Black Screen During Installation Sometimes with Cursor

Windows 10 Black Screen During Installation Sometimes with Cursor: Specs: Intel 2600k Asus Maximus V Extreme Nvidia GeForce GTX 590(1 GPU disabled) Samsung Evo 840 250 GB(19 GB space left before installing, however the setup said everything was fine) 2 Western Digital Blues 500 GB I've been looking at the forums here looking at the...
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen During Install

Windows 10 Black Screen During Install: Hey guys, I was installing windows 10 (8.1 before) on my Dell inspiron 15 7000 series (7537), and it progressed to restarting after the installing drivers step, but after the restart and going through the dell startup screen, everything went black. The HDD light is stuck...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot: I tried upgrading to Windows 10 this evening, and during the installation process my computer rebooted a few times. The second time it rebooted, all I saw was a black screen and it stayed like that. I could see my mouse cursor on the black screen but nothing happened. I tried...