Windows 10: I got a Getting Windows Ready screen when I power off my laptop

Discus and support I got a Getting Windows Ready screen when I power off my laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was gettinng ready to sleep at the time of this post. But the shutdown is taking too long. Should I force shutdown by holding the power button? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rainer Ferrer, Jul 31, 2020.

1. I got a Getting Windows Ready screen when I power off my laptop

I was gettinng ready to sleep at the time of this post. But the shutdown is taking too long. Should I force shutdown by holding the power button? I didnt do it yet, since it might damage my laptop as it sort of attempts to do something.

:)

Rainer Ferrer, Jul 31, 2020

2. i get the blue screen on my lenova laptop on power down

i get the blue screen when i power off my lenova laptop

KeithGidarie, Jul 31, 2020
  3. When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

I got a Getting Windows Ready screen when I power off my laptop

Getting windows ready message stuck there forever even when there is nothing

Hi,

The "Getting windows ready" is a notification message for the update. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button until it turned off.
    • Restart your computer and check if the message still appear.

Let us know if need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

I got a Getting Windows Ready screen when I power off my laptop

1. I got a Getting Windows Ready screen when I power off my laptop - Similar Threads - got Getting Ready

2. My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready": I sometimes have problems connecting to Internet in all of my devices and in some cases restarting the device is the solution. This time, my Surface Pro 3 doesn't have a keyboard wasn't connecting to internet so I decided to restart it. It was apparently going well until the...
  3. My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready": I sometimes have problems connecting to Internet in all of my devices and in some cases restarting the device is the solution. This time, my Surface Pro 3 doesn't have a keyboard wasn't connecting to internet so I decided to restart it. It was apparently going well until the...
  4. My computer got stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop screen shuts off when I unplugged the power cord. But my second screen is on.

My laptop screen shuts off when I unplugged the power cord. But my second screen is on.: How do I get it back to normal. I just put a new battery in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-shuts-off-when-i-unplugged-the/df1e9298-5fe4-452c-b40a-98cbad98f242
  6. My laptop screen shuts off when I unplugged the power cord. But my second screen is on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen shuts off when I unplugged the power cord. But my second screen is on.: How do I get it back to normal. I just put a new battery in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-shuts-off-when-i-unplugged-the/df1e9298-5fe4-452c-b40a-98cbad98f242
  7. My laptop screen shuts off when I unplugged the power cord. But my second screen is on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My laptop is stuck in the getting windows ready screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop is stuck in the getting windows ready screen: I left my laptop on sleep for a day and when i opened it it was having some errors/slow performance so i decided to restart it. I always close all apps when i restart or shut down my laptop. A prompt saying an app was preventing my laptop from restarting appeared when i was...
  9. i get the blue screen on my lenova laptop on power down

i get the blue screen on my lenova laptop on power down: i get the blue screen when i power off my lenova laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-the-blue-screen-on-my-lenova-laptop-on-power/366048b6-640f-4e8d-8443-94ca9a17f6df
  10. MY LAPTOP SCREEN SHUTS OFF WHEN I PLUG IT IN

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY LAPTOP SCREEN SHUTS OFF WHEN I PLUG IT IN: so I have tried a couple of things to try and remedy this situation, even uninstalling the graphics drivers and reinstalling them and it still shuts off when I plug it in. also when the drivers were uninstalled the problem was resolved, but as soon as they finished installing...