Windows 10: I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID I NEED TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE DISK I DONT...

Discus and support I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID I NEED TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE DISK I DONT... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID INSTALL SOFTWARE DISK I DONT HAVE THAT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paul hope1, Feb 8, 2023.

1. I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID I NEED TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE DISK I DONT...

I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID INSTALL SOFTWARE DISK I DONT HAVE THAT

:)

paul hope1, Feb 8, 2023

2. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Feb 8, 2023
  3. Laptop hard drive upgrade

If you ghost the OS from disk to disk with the same system it should work fine. Thing is you have to GHOST the disk, including the MBR or it won't be bootable. Any other normal laptop drive should work as long as the connections the same.

If you cannot make a backup install CD, you'll likely need to locate a windows install CD, unless you can ghost the drive. Thats pretty much your only options atm.

Dippyskoodlez, Feb 8, 2023
  4. W1zzard Win User

I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID I NEED TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE DISK I DONT...

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 8, 2023
Thema:

I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID I NEED TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE DISK I DONT...

1. I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID I NEED TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE DISK I DONT... - Similar Threads - GOT HARD DRIVE

2. I got this laptop and it and I tried to download minecraft on it but it said I needed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got this laptop and it and I tried to download minecraft on it but it said I needed...: Microsoft I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-this-laptop-and-it-and-i-tried-to-download/01233bd1-986d-491b-b0e8-761e270c74db
  3. I got this laptop and it and I tried to download minecraft on it but it said I needed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got this laptop and it and I tried to download minecraft on it but it said I needed...: Microsoft I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-this-laptop-and-it-and-i-tried-to-download/01233bd1-986d-491b-b0e8-761e270c74db
  4. I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID I NEED TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE DISK I DONT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID I NEED TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE DISK I DONT...: I GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE FOR MY LAPTOP IT SAID INSTALL SOFTWARE DISK I DONT HAVE THAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-new-hard-drive-for-my-laptop-it-said-i/742d8064-f2c1-4cb5-9d3a-c761f6a06c24
  5. I installed a new hard drive in a laptop running windos 7, I dont have a back up disc for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed a new hard drive in a laptop running windos 7, I dont have a back up disc for...: I installed a new hard drive in a laptop running windos 7, I dont have a back up disc for windnos 7 how to I get the operating system off the old disk that is broke...
  6. I installed a new hard drive in a laptop running windos 7, I dont have a back up disc for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed a new hard drive in a laptop running windos 7, I dont have a back up disc for...: I installed a new hard drive in a laptop running windos 7, I dont have a back up disc for windnos 7 how to I get the operating system off the old disk that is broke...
  7. My old laptop got rained and died, i need to move my OS hard drive to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My old laptop got rained and died, i need to move my OS hard drive to new laptop: My old laptop got rained and died, i need to move my OS hard drive to new laptop.I have checked the drive using hard drive to USB adaptor and it's OK.But when i plug it to new laptop, booting process failed.It's a BSOD with message: Inaccessible Boot Device.I need is the...
  8. I need to know what sata hard drive port I got.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need to know what sata hard drive port I got.: Hey, i've got a toshiba satellite c55-b5100 And, what sata port do i got for hdd\ssd upgrades. I found a good deal on amazon for a ssd....
  9. I need to replace my hard disk drive on my laptop. What's the best one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to replace my hard disk drive on my laptop. What's the best one?: I'm not too computer hardware savvy, but I do get the gist of it all. I'd made a post here a while back about my laptop being slow and a couple of people said it was my HDD crapping out and I need a new one. At first, I tried backing everything up on an external hard drive...
  10. I need to install Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to install Windows 10 on new hard drive: I'll be getting a new hard drive in the next couple months, and quite possibly AFTER the one-year free upgrade limitation. So, how do I install Win10 on a new drive without losing the free upgrade that I've had since last July? 50945