Windows 10: I got a new motherboard and now my windows isnt activated, i have lost my product key

Discus and support I got a new motherboard and now my windows isnt activated, i have lost my product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just got a new motherboard today and installed it, when i turned on my pc it has the activate windows watermark and when i run the troubleshooter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joka7576, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Joka7576 Win User

I got a new motherboard and now my windows isnt activated, i have lost my product key

I just got a new motherboard today and installed it, when i turned on my pc it has the activate windows watermark and when i run the troubleshooter does nothing, i lost my product key as i purchased it from ebay sometime ago, is there anyway i can fix this or do i have to re buy windows?

:)

Joka7576, Dec 26, 2020

2. Lost Windows Activation Product Key

I recently lost my Windows 10 pro Activation product key and now Microsoft wants me to activate my windows but now i dnt have any product key please suggest me the way i dnt want to lost my all data...

Nimra Imam, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Gary915 Win User

I got a new motherboard and now my windows isnt activated, i have lost my product key

New motherboard: Windows key doesnt work

So i installed a new motherboard yesterday, and now my key isnt activated. It was activated before i installed this new motherboard

Gary915, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I got a new motherboard and now my windows isnt activated, i have lost my product key - Similar Threads - got motherboard isnt

2. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...: Cannot activate windows because my product key is not working. Could i maybe get a new product key? i got receipts and everything that shows that i got a new motherboard, so it maybe interfered with my product key. Also i might've been in another microsoft account before i...
  3. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...: Cannot activate windows because my product key is not working. Could i maybe get a new product key? i got receipts and everything that shows that i got a new motherboard, so it maybe interfered with my product key. Also i might've been in another microsoft account before i...
  4. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i have lost my activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have lost my activation key: i have lost my activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-activation-key/d8f7474f-74e7-4c4f-8247-9a153cf4e6f8
  6. i have lost my activation key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have lost my activation key: i have lost my activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-activation-key/d8f7474f-74e7-4c4f-8247-9a153cf4e6f8
  7. I got a new Motherboard and now i have to Activate windows again?

I got a new Motherboard and now i have to Activate windows again?: I used the code i have for my windows copy but its only recognized on my old motherboard and won't work on the new one. I'm not purchasing windows again so what can i do?...
  8. Activate Windows 10 if I lost my product Key

Activate Windows 10 if I lost my product Key: Hello I had someone install Windows 10 for me after I had some PC troubles. It now wants me to activate the Windows, but I lost the product key. It was also not installed under my windows login, but the previous version, which was Windows 7, was. What can I do?...
  9. Lost product key and new motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost product key and new motherboard: My last motherboard died on me and I got a new motherboard I plan to install with my old SSD on it with windows. I intend to install a fresh copy but don't have my product key. How would I go about obtaining that key before I attempt to install anything? Thanks for any help....
  10. I switched out my motherboard and lost my old product key

I switched out my motherboard and lost my old product key: I switched out my motherboard and lost my old product key. I can't find it on my account because like the idiot I am. Instead of calling Microsoft first, I tried to just find some random key that works online. So I put it in but I accidentally am now connected to some random...