Windows 10: I got a text from an email address I’ve never seen

Discus and support I got a text from an email address I’ve never seen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; the mystery email in question is:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** when texts are sent from an iPad they show the email address of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nat Muskett, Aug 15, 2022.

1. I got a text from an email address I’ve never seen

the mystery email in question is:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** when texts are sent from an iPad they show the email address of the sender instead of the number. not sure if that’s the case here or what. never seen this one and i’m pretty certain it’s just scam as there is a link to click i didn’t click it. i’ll attach a screenshot of the message at the bottom. naturally, i assume it’s some sort of webchat thing because of the age restriction mentioned and the ‘operate via mobile phone/ PC laptop’ part. not interested anyway but would like to know if anyone’s ever seen this address or the wha

:)

Nat Muskett, Aug 15, 2022

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

4. I got a text from an email address I’ve never seen

Can Not Select Email Address from Contact to send Text to Email Address

Hi. Back in the Windows Mobile Days (WM6.5 Tilt 2), you use to be able to select an email address from your contact list for the "to" field to send a

Text to that email address. This was handy for communicating with people who had email but no text abilities. Very handy for business use.

With Windows 7 and 8, is seems that you can no longer select an email address from the address book to use in this field in the Messaging app. You can type it in manually and it will send fine.

Is there a way to enable the ability to see email addresses when looking for recipients of text messages?

Zaidens' Grandpa, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

I got a text from an email address I’ve never seen

1. I got a text from an email address I’ve never seen - Similar Threads - got text email

2. I’ve never seen Win10 flip out this bad before.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’ve never seen Win10 flip out this bad before.: [ATTACH] I’ve never seen Windows flip out this bad before where it thinks ALL but 256mb of my system memory is “hardware reserved” leaving my laptop completely unusable. submitted by /u/Term1984 [link] [comments]...
  3. I got this email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** this person says he...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got this email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** this person says he...: Hello I need some help. I got a email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and he said he installedCobalt Strike "Beacon" on my operating system and he said he has seen all my emails and has seen the web sites I go to and said he can use my camera and microphrone...
  4. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've never seen it, before?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running windows 10And for some reason, I get this message?I've never seen it, before?Is this something, to do with my rights?What do I, have to do. To, fix it?Thanks, for reading . . . Jerry...
  5. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've never seen it, before?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running windows 10And for some reason, I get this message?I've never seen it, before?Is this something, to do with my rights?What do I, have to do. To, fix it?Thanks, for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is this normal when installing windows? I’ve seen a lot of bugs I’ve never seen before when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal when installing windows? I’ve seen a lot of bugs I’ve never seen before when...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DHVNN [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khv5jx/is_this_normal_when_installing_windows_ive_seen_a/
  8. Windows Hello is showing an email i have never seen before

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello is showing an email i have never seen before: After updating my PC last night i opened it up today to see a windows warning notification. Its telling me to set up windows hello, but when i do it shows an email ive never seen in my life. When i go to manage accounts it doesnt show up there. can anyone help?...
  9. I got what I think is a spam email with microsoft logo with link, from <*** Email address...

I got what I think is a spam email with microsoft logo with link, from <*** Email address...: I got what I think is a spam email with microsoft logo with link, from <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> I wanted to report it online, I marked it as phishing scam, and deleted it , also sent it to my spam folder today, anyway I don't think it was really from...
  10. "Weird...Never seen this before"

"Weird...Never seen this before": When transferring more than a few files from one folder or drive to another I would always see a progress bar showing the percentage of files transferred and a guestimate of what's left to go. That dialogue, progress bar and transfer information no longer appears in...