Windows 10: I got a virus and now I cant scan!

Discus and support I got a virus and now I cant scan! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got a virus, tried to scan, but failed. I did a fresh start and did it but then had to shut down. Booted back up and it disabled again, but this time... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Marc_3783, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Marc_3783 Win User

I got a virus and now I cant scan!

I got a virus, tried to scan, but failed. I did a fresh start and did it but then had to shut down. Booted back up and it disabled again, but this time the enable disappeared. Any help?

:)

Marc_3783, Feb 24, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

I got a virus and now I cant scan! [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

I got a virus and now I cant scan! [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Feb 24, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

Thema:

1. I got a virus and now I cant scan! - Similar Threads - got virus cant

2. Full virus scan will not run. Nothing happens when I click "scan now"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full virus scan will not run. Nothing happens when I click "scan now": Full virus scan will not run. Nothing happens when I click "scan now" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-virus-scan-will-not-run-nothing-happens-when/8a877970-9d81-4206-a607-5366b7e39680
  3. Full virus scan will not run. Nothing happens when I click "scan now"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full virus scan will not run. Nothing happens when I click "scan now": Full virus scan will not run. Nothing happens when I click "scan now" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-virus-scan-will-not-run-nothing-happens-when/8a877970-9d81-4206-a607-5366b7e39680
  4. I think i got a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i got a virus: Theres this unknow app called " Galilo " that keeps running in my background, i keep closing it but when im too late it freezes my computer and makes it very slow, i cant find this file either to remove it.I scanned my pc multiple times for virusses but it doesnt seem to be...
  5. I think i got a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i got a virus: Theres this unknow app called " Galilo " that keeps running in my background, i keep closing it but when im too late it freezes my computer and makes it very slow, i cant find this file either to remove it.I scanned my pc multiple times for virusses but it doesnt seem to be...
  6. I Think I Got A Virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Think I Got A Virus?: I was scrolling through articles on the 'My Feed' tab and I saw an ad with a title that was interesting, and somehow caught my attention. I clicked on it, and read only a page. When I clicked the arrow to get to the second page, a pop up ad showed up. I knew not to trust it...
  7. My brother got a virus and now he cant scan!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My brother got a virus and now he cant scan!: My bro got a virus, tried to scan, but failed. He did a fresh start and did it but then had to shut down. Booted back up and it disabled again, but this time the enable disappeared. Any help?...
  8. I got this virus information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I got this virus information: What do i do with this?, i want rid of it! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-this-virus-information/907af34e-ecce-406c-bc10-cb4d65bcc27b
  9. I got a question, I got an virus but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got a question, I got an virus but...: I got a virus because I accidentally forgot to turn on virus defender. Now I was able to remove the virus, but cmd still opens at the beginning when I am entering my screen after looking in. But nothing is happing, but every program starts with administration rights no matter...
  10. I got LKTODAY.RU Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got LKTODAY.RU Virus: Eset internet security cant remove it. So I install Spyhunter...look like its uninstall successfully. I did not found any info about this virus. Need I care about my passwords? 112422