Windows 10: I got a windows 10 update a few days ago and since then I have had ads pop up on my...

Discus and support I got a windows 10 update a few days ago and since then I have had ads pop up on my... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Lately, I have been getting ads on my desktol. I will not allow this invasion of my privacy, once I find out how I got it. My question: Do windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Strewntalents, Jan 11, 2019.

1. I got a windows 10 update a few days ago and since then I have had ads pop up on my...

Lately, I have been getting ads on my desktol. I will not allow this invasion of my privacy, once I find out how I got it. My question: Do windows 10 updates come with adware? I notice I have netflix again, which I uninstalled before. I was not asked it I wanted Netflix. What other programs came with a win 10 update that have already shown I do not want?

:)

Strewntalents, Jan 11, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jan 11, 2019
  3. "Ads by QuickCrystal" pop-up

Follow the steps here.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-games-crystal-ads/

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. You might be able to skip the step with HitmanPro. (30 day free trial if needed)

Bruce Hagen, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I got a windows 10 update a few days ago and since then I have had ads pop up on my...

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

I got a windows 10 update a few days ago and since then I have had ads pop up on my...

1. I got a windows 10 update a few days ago and since then I have had ads pop up on my... - Similar Threads - got update few

2. Since I updated Windows 10 a few days ago my computer won't boot. It displays the Lenovo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since I updated Windows 10 a few days ago my computer won't boot. It displays the Lenovo...: Since I updated Windows 10 a few days ago my computer won't boot. It displays the Lenovo logo screen, but doesn't go any further. It doesn't load any Windows screen for me to attempt recovery environment.I don't know how to recover it. Can you help?...
  3. Since I updated Windows 10 a few days ago my computer won't boot. It displays the Lenovo...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since I updated Windows 10 a few days ago my computer won't boot. It displays the Lenovo...: Since I updated Windows 10 a few days ago my computer won't boot. It displays the Lenovo logo screen, but doesn't go any further. It doesn't load any Windows screen for me to attempt recovery environment.I don't know how to recover it. Can you help?...
  4. Since I updated Windows 10 a few days ago my computer won't boot. It displays the Lenovo...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD while surfing on a laptop that I got few days ago?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while surfing on a laptop that I got few days ago?: Got this lenovo legion that I primarily use for gaming and it bsod yesterday but got back to normal immediately after. I ran windows sdk on the memory dump file. I have no idea how to interpret this data. I would appreciate it if I can get the help to prevent future...
  6. BSOD while surfing on a laptop that I got few days ago?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while surfing on a laptop that I got few days ago?: Got this lenovo legion that I primarily use for gaming and it bsod yesterday but got back to normal immediately after. I ran windows sdk on the memory dump file. I have no idea how to interpret this data. I would appreciate it if I can get the help to prevent future...
  7. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  8. Ever since my Windows updated a few days ago, my save as and upload file pop-up window is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ever since my Windows updated a few days ago, my save as and upload file pop-up window is...: A few days ago Windows had an update. Everything is working fine so far except for when I want to save something to my computer or upload a file. When I select either, the pop-up window with my files does open, but as soon as I click on anything within the window, it becomes...
  9. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.: My computer did an automatic Windows 10 update a few days ago and ever since then Netflix and Chrome crash. How do I fix these problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updated-a-few-days-ago-and-ever-since/0d1d6b6d-227b-4903-a216-251330b371f3
  10. I have recently got this ad popping up on websites

in Browsers and Email
    I have recently got this ad popping up on websites: I have recently got this crap popping up on websites, I want to know how to get rid of it I am using opera 14. See picture it does not give you any names of the company that's doing it. [img] 79555