Windows 10: I got an Activate Windows message on my HP Laptop after a recent Windows update. Error...

Discus and support I got an Activate Windows message on my HP Laptop after a recent Windows update. Error... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HP Laptop 17 with Windows 10 Home v10.018362 After a recent windows update, "Activate Windows" appears in the lower right hand corner of my screen. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ErnestLB, Sep 21, 2019.

1. ErnestLB Win User

I got an Activate Windows message on my HP Laptop after a recent Windows update. Error...

HP Laptop 17 with Windows 10 Home v10.018362

After a recent windows update, "Activate Windows" appears in the lower right hand corner of my screen. I followed the instructions of going to Settings to activate Windows. Error message 0xC004F012 appears. After selecting Troubleshoot, I get a message indicated that the activation servers cannot be reached with error message 0xc0020036. How can this be resolved?

:)

ErnestLB, Sep 21, 2019

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 21, 2019
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Duyenhip Win User

I got an Activate Windows message on my HP Laptop after a recent Windows update. Error...

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

1. I got an Activate Windows message on my HP Laptop after a recent Windows update. Error... - Similar Threads - got Activate message

2. i have a hp 14bs153od laptop, and i got a "javascript error" message at startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a hp 14bs153od laptop, and i got a "javascript error" message at startup.: I have a hp14bs153od laptop. When i booted up the computer, it gave me a "java script error" pop up. i rebooted and the same thing happened. My spellcheck seems to be working strangely , and i don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the error code is scary. I...
  3. i have a hp 14bs153od laptop, and i got a "javascript error" message at startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a hp 14bs153od laptop, and i got a "javascript error" message at startup.: I have a hp14bs153od laptop. When i booted up the computer, it gave me a "java script error" pop up. i rebooted and the same thing happened. My spellcheck seems to be working strangely , and i don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the error code is scary. I...
  4. i have a hp 14bs153od laptop, and i got a "javascript error" message at startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn: I receive a message that says: Please wait while we install a system update. Don't turn off your computer. This happen a couple times. The first it happened I left the laptop on for a day and the it got so hot. I was afraid this would harm the laptop. I was able to do a hard...
  6. After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn

After the recent Windows updates my Hp laptop will restart or shutdwn: I receive a message that says: Please wait while we install a system update. Don't turn off your computer. This happen a couple times. The first it happened I left the laptop on for a day and the it got so hot. I was afraid this would harm the laptop. I was able to do a hard...
  7. Error message after factory resetting my HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message after factory resetting my HP laptop: I recently factory reset my laptop and upon reinstalling windows 8.1 or 10 I'm completely lost as to which one it has come up with an error message. The error message reads “the computer has unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed....
  8. Error message after factory resetting my HP laptop

Error message after factory resetting my HP laptop: I recently factory reset my laptop and upon reinstalling windows 8.1 or 10 I'm completely lost as to which one it has come up with an error message. The error message reads “the computer has unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed....
  9. HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer and Lenovo laptop or Windows not communicating after recent update: So in the last week or so I have not been able to print from my laptop. When I try to print any documents the print queue shows "0 documents pending." I was on the computer with HP for over 2 hours and they said it is a problem with Microsoft. Of course, I have made several...
  10. Windows 10 got automatically de-activated after the recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 got automatically de-activated after the recent update: I recently updated my Windows 10 Home version but after all the update process got completed when I checked the system properties it's showing that "windows is not activated" and "no product id". I have a genuine Windows 10 which came pre installed with my laptop. When I go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant my hp laptop get windows update