Windows 10: i got an activation key and i can't activate it

Discus and support i got an activation key and i can't activate it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! i bought my PC last year and i wanted to activate it so with the pc they brought me a CD to insert and install windows but i physically can't i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Noam Shir, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Noam Shir Win User

i got an activation key and i can't activate it

Hi! i bought my PC last year and i wanted to activate it so with the pc they brought me a CD to insert and install windows but i physically can't i don't have a CD point to insert the disk. what to do?-Thanks From Noam Shir!

:)

Noam Shir, Feb 18, 2023
  2. cdawall Win User

oem activation key

If it is a UEFI Bios you shouldn't have to enter the key at all. If it is you will have to enter your key again and run activation. Even if you do swap boards the key will work.

cdawall, Feb 18, 2023
  3. ATIonion Win User
    XP Activation issues

if the key was once activated (as in your case) then you will have to call microsoft and they have you do a series of steps to obtain a product number that they then can assign a key for...if the system hasnt changed since activation then it shouldnt be a problem, xcept that the person you will talk to from microsoft will be really hard to understand...when you talk to them you'll know what i mean..

hopefully someone else may have a better solution then this for you ....good luck*Rockout :rockout:

ATIonion, Feb 18, 2023
  4. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Feb 18, 2023
Thema:

1. i got an activation key and i can't activate it - Similar Threads - got activation key

2. Why I can't activate with genuine key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why I can't activate with genuine key?: **** you and your activation !I won't s*ck with this all the day , instead i will activate with a CRACK program, so much for your "activation" So if you want to more genuine Windows then first make this process useful instead of useless !...
  3. Why I can't activate with genuine key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't activate with genuine key?: **** you and your activation !I won't s*ck with this all the day , instead i will activate with a CRACK program, so much for your "activation" So if you want to more genuine Windows then first make this process useful instead of useless !...
  4. Why I can't activate with genuine key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Got a problem with my activation key

Got a problem with my activation key: I had to reinstall windows on my new ssd and now I cant activate it no more. It says we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Even tho I only ever used this PC at home....
  6. i can't activate my windows and how can i get the activation key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i can't activate my windows and how can i get the activation key?: please help me with activate windows and give me the activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-windows-and-how-can-i-get-the/eae95e76-8b52-4598-b109-026c5cc392a0
  7. i can't activate my windows and how can i get the activation key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't activate my windows and how can i get the activation key?: please help me with activate windows and give me the activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-windows-and-how-can-i-get-the/eae95e76-8b52-4598-b109-026c5cc392a0
  8. i can't activate my windows and how can i get the activation key?

9. i got an activation key and i can't activate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got an activation key and i can't activate it: Hi! i bought my PC last year and i wanted to activate it so with the pc they brought me a CD to insert and install windows but i physically can't i don't have a CD point to insert the disk. what to do?-Thanks From Noam Shir!...
  10. i can't activate my product key

in Cortana
    i can't activate my product key: i can not access my activation for product key error code 0xC004F074 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-product-key/449d3b78-1117-476a-ae8b-dfc71db9295c