Windows 10: I got an email from so called Microsoft-care.com that said I'd been charged 499.95 for...

Discus and support I got an email from so called Microsoft-care.com that said I'd been charged 499.95 for... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got what I think is a scam from so-called Microsoft-cares, saying I'd been charged 499.95 to renew Windows Defender. I'll call my bank and check my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OBirdie, May 15, 2020.

1. OBirdie Win User

I got an email from so called Microsoft-care.com that said I'd been charged 499.95 for...

I got what I think is a scam from so-called Microsoft-cares, saying I'd been charged 499.95 to renew Windows Defender. I'll call my bank and check my account to be on the safe side.

I don't think I ever could have had Windows Defender and I definitely didn't ask for it to be renewed. I don't use Windows though

I have Microsoft Office on my Mac.

Has this happened to others? I hope Microsoft will investigate and stop it.

:)

OBirdie, May 15, 2020
  2. malekawt Win User

Not Charging beyond 95%

Well, my battery life has been ok, lasts me the day with 3g and usage from time to time.

Whatsapp burns it though. My issue is however that my battery charging level is refusing to go above 95%.

Im gonna try and drain the battery and recharge again, but any suggestions?

malekawt, May 15, 2020
  3. malekawt Win User
    Not Charging beyond 95%

It used to charge to full 100% capacity... But now no way to go beyond 95%

malekawt, May 15, 2020
  4. I got an email from so called Microsoft-care.com that said I'd been charged 499.95 for...

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

I got an email from so called Microsoft-care.com that said I'd been charged 499.95 for... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 15, 2020
Thema:

I got an email from so called Microsoft-care.com that said I'd been charged 499.95 for...

1. I got an email from so called Microsoft-care.com that said I'd been charged 499.95 for... - Similar Threads - got email called

2. i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft: hello, i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft and that i had some kind of spyware on my computer. i didnt believe him and said that to him, but he could tell me my licence number from Microsoft? he said that he called because he has to wipe all of that...
  3. i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft: hello, i got a call from someone who said he was from microsoft and that i had some kind of spyware on my computer. i didnt believe him and said that to him, but he could tell me my licence number from Microsoft? he said that he called because he has to wipe all of that...
  4. Been charged by microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Been charged by microsoft: I have a £79.99 charge on my credit card from Microsoft and no idea what it's from. Please assist. It doesn't seem to appear in any history of payments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/been-charged-by-microsoft/1321e401-0eb2-476c-81e7-ef9c9e41875b
  5. Been charged by microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been charged by microsoft: I have a £79.99 charge on my credit card from Microsoft and no idea what it's from. Please assist. It doesn't seem to appear in any history of payments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/been-charged-by-microsoft/1321e401-0eb2-476c-81e7-ef9c9e41875b
  6. Been charged by microsoft

7. I got an email that said I purchased a Microsoft product that I didn't order. Is this a scam ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got an email that said I purchased a Microsoft product that I didn't order. Is this a scam ?: I received an email saying that I ordered a Microsoft product that I didn't order. Is this a scam ? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-an-email-that-said-i-purchased-a-microsoft/bfd17349-03d6-4cd9-a908-86bf3244dbaf
  8. I got an email that said I purchased a Microsoft product that I didn't order. Is this a scam ?

I got an email that said I purchased a Microsoft product that I didn't order. Is this a scam ?: I received an email saying that I ordered a Microsoft product that I didn't order. Is this a scam ? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-an-email-that-said-i-purchased-a-microsoft/bfd17349-03d6-4cd9-a908-86bf3244dbaf
  9. I got a call that from Microsoft regarding IP#

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I got a call that from Microsoft regarding IP#: I have been getting a call from Microsoft that my IP had been compromised. As I pick up the phone and a lady answer and transfer me to a guy and the line was disconnected....
  10. Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!: Split from this thread. I have a slightly different question concerning malware and hope you can give me some insight on it. A company called Cisco Hub called me advising me I had been hacked by someone from China, I was given an IP Address which I do not have now. They...