Windows 10: i got code 31 in device manager on display adapters

Discus and support i got code 31 in device manager on display adapters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31 The specified request is not a valid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BernardSamson, Jul 31, 2020.

1. i got code 31 in device manager on display adapters

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31

The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

on display adapter i have NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS
    i cant install it have triangle on logo NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS
    pls i want to install it.

:)

BernardSamson, Jul 31, 2020
  2. JamesMole Win User

Display adapter Code 31

Right, a few weeks ago I had a problem. Every time I updated my PC it would just show a black screen and a mouse. I fixed it but the next time I updated it the same thing happened. I saw online that I can fix the problem by deleting my display adapter
    and it worked! But I have a monitor connected to my laptop, that no longer works, and I can’t play games. In the device manager it says ‘Code 31’ in the properties of the display adapter. I’m also worring if I fix the display adapter will my computer get the
    same black screen again?

JamesMole, Jul 31, 2020
  3. chak1001 Win User
    [code 31] microsoft basic display adapter not working

Hi everyone, thank you for your help in advance.

I have a hp pavilion dm3 laptop, after updating to windows 10 I found the following problems. my computer is running on a 32 bit operating system.

1. Cannot extend monitor to dual monitor.

2. Found code 31 when I look into device manager after expanding "display adapters" - microsoft basic display adapter.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter."

Please help me. Thank you very much.

chak1001, Jul 31, 2020
  4. i got code 31 in device manager on display adapters

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

i got code 31 in device manager on display adapters

1. i got code 31 in device manager on display adapters - Similar Threads - got code device

2. microsoft basic display adapter error code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter error code 31: Hello,I exchanged my old graphic card with a new one and then I got this error code.microsoft basic display adapter error code 31:"This device is not functioning properly because it cannot load the necessary drivers for the device. Code 31The driver attempting to start is not...
  3. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter error code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter error code 31: Lately I’ve been experiencing constant crashes after every 20~ minutes of gaming, at first I thought it was the new Nvidia gpu update then I tried the older versions and i still kept crashing, and I noticed an exclamation mark next to my Microsoft basic display adapter in the...
  4. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device Code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device Code 31: Hello, I am having an issue with my desktop computer. In dxdiag the following message is displayed under display 1:There is a problem with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 31' My PC specs are as...
  5. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device Code 31

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device Code 31: Hello, I am having an issue with my desktop computer. In dxdiag the following message is displayed under display 1:There is a problem with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 31' My PC specs are as...
  6. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device Code 31

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft basic display adapter code 31

Microsoft basic display adapter code 31: Microsoft basic display adapter code 31And I tried to install intel graphic card same error code 31 showing with same messageError msg"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31 The ALPC message requested is...
  8. display adapter in device manager

display adapter in device manager: my pc have no graphics card except the cpu integrated graphics and its working fine before but the next following day when I opened my pc its a dead blue and no signal on my monitor. I done everything and reset bios by removing cmos battery still same. So I decided to fix...
  9. I get an error code 31 in Device Manager.

I get an error code 31 in Device Manager.: Device Status for IntelR HD Graphics 630 Properties: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  10. nvidia display adapters error (code 31)

nvidia display adapters error (code 31): Good evening, I have a problem with my Nvidia display adapters Geforce 940mx. I have an Acer aspire f5-573g with windows 10. After reinstalling the OS due to a crash caused by un update I noticed that the pc doesn't seen the Nvidia display adapter, but only the integrated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. error code 31 gpu

3. display adapter code 31 gaming