Windows 10: I got error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted) when I tried to install win10 via...

Discus and support I got error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted) when I tried to install win10 via... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; every time I tried to install windows 10 on my laptop with a bootable USB drive, it showed the Asus logo and then BSOD error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FiannaSaffron, Nov 21, 2020.

1. I got error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted) when I tried to install win10 via...

every time I tried to install windows 10 on my laptop with a bootable USB drive, it showed the Asus logo and then BSOD error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted).
    I tried googling but it seems like the solution is for people who failed to boot their windows. meanwhile, I can boot windows normally, but I tried to install a new one.

The Laptop: ASUS A456U, core i5, 8GB RAM DDR4

What I did:

1. loading the iso to a USB drive with RUFUS v3.13 (Settings: GPT/FAT32)
    2. entering the UEFI/BIOS of the laptop
    3. changing the boot priority so it looked like this after:

1. USB2.0 UEFI, Partition 1
    2. Windows Boot Manager (P0: HGST ...)
    3. P0: HGST ...
    4. CD Drive

4.Save and Exit

and then the error would show up.

Things I tried:

1. changing to another USB drive
    2. changing the .iso file
    3. tried loading the iso with another version of RUFUS (3.1)

the error persists.

when I open the iso and open the setup.exe in the iso, it worked, but I don't know if that's the right way of installing clean windows.

submitted by /u/FiannaSaffron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FiannaSaffron, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Homeless Win User

0xc0000225 boot error

For some odd reason when I turned on my computer today, I was greeted with the error 0xc0000225 stating that my NLS files were corrupt/missing. I am Running Vista x64 and so far have tried the following:

Replace NLS files
    Windows repair utility
    Restored an old working registry backup
    Tried booting with different ram configurations
    Created new BCD / Boot
    Chkdsk

Google suggests something about apci, but my gigabyte ud3p doesn't have such an option (already vista compatible) and it seems to only occur to people who are initially installing and not people who already have a working copy.

Homeless, Nov 21, 2020
  3. winload efi missing or corrupt

My Microsoft Surface attempted to update Windows 10. I believe it failed. When I tried to turn on Surface, received message "\WINDOWS/system32\winload.efi Error code: 0xc0000225

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

NeilTheobald, Nov 21, 2020
  4. I got error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted) when I tried to install win10 via...

error code 0xc0000225

Hi Marie,

The error code 0xc0000225 is booting error that usually happens when the Booting Configuration Data (BCD) is missing or corrupted. We suggest that you perform an
    Automatic Repair by following the steps listed in Jenith_James's reply on May
    8, 2016 and check if it resolves your concern.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

I got error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted) when I tried to install win10 via...

1. I got error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted) when I tried to install win10 via... - Similar Threads - got error 0xc0000225

2. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  3. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  4. Windows 10, winload.efi missing or corrupt 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, winload.efi missing or corrupt 0xc0000225: Hi, so i have recently had some problems with storage on my pc, so i decided to reset it to get rid of all files, and then just downloading what i needed. Sadly, as i tried resetting my pc through the settings, it encountered an error, something i found weird. I decided to...
  5. Windows 10, winload.efi missing or corrupt 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, winload.efi missing or corrupt 0xc0000225: Hi, so i have recently had some problems with storage on my pc, so i decided to reset it to get rid of all files, and then just downloading what i needed. Sadly, as i tried resetting my pc through the settings, it encountered an error, something i found weird. I decided to...
  6. Windows 10, winload.efi missing or corrupt 0xc0000225

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9: hi my acer swift ryzen laptop completly crashed the weekend with the winload efi error . ive gone into bios and disabled secure boot in uefi but no result . Ive managed to download windows 10 on usb drive and set it up in bios to boot from that drive however i still get the...
  8. I got this error when I try to install windows on my new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got this error when I try to install windows on my new pc: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/montaguevevo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg1plh/i_got_this_error_when_i_try_to_install_windows_on/
  9. Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi

Windows wont start error 185 in system32/winload. Efi: Windows wont start i tried everything please help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-start-error-185-in-system32winload/d99e08e6-1320-48bd-abfd-803a8e97f80d
  10. 0xc0000225 winload.exe is missing or contain errors

0xc0000225 winload.exe is missing or contain errors: Need some help here as everything I have tried has not worked what so ever. Essentially my computer will not update anything. In fact it hasn't updated anything since "2018-05 Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4134661)" - giving off the update...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus a456u safe mode