Windows 10: I got like 12 times Microsoft virtual adapter in the device manager is it normal ?

Discus and support I got like 12 times Microsoft virtual adapter in the device manager is it normal ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a question is it normal to have like 12 time Windows virtual adapter in the device manager list ? (some are active some are not) Because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nicolasom, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Nicolasom Win User

I got like 12 times Microsoft virtual adapter in the device manager is it normal ?

I have a question is it normal to have like 12 time Windows virtual adapter in the device manager list ? (some are active some are not)

Because I have issues with usb wifi dongle not working correctly (I have three different ones, good quality and all are from a different brand)

I Don't know where to look to get Windows to work my usb wifi dongle correctly.

Issues are disconnecting, not connecting at the start and slow wifi

Thanks

:)

Nicolasom, Oct 15, 2018

2. Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter missing from device manager

Hello King,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Press "Windows" + "X" and select Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select show hidden devices.
    • Now expand Network adapters, you will see
      Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter.
    • Enable it by using right click option.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 15, 2018
  3. Microsoft virtual miniport adapter does not show up in windows 10's device manager

Hi Akhila,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

I would like to inform you that, with the driver in Windows 10, the Microsoft virtual miniport adapter will not show separately in Device Manager.

You may try to roll back the driver and check

Follow the steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
    • Right-click (or press and hold) the network adapter, and then select
      Rollback Driver Software

Hope it helps

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 15, 2018
  4. I got like 12 times Microsoft virtual adapter in the device manager is it normal ?

"Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" not found in Device Manager!

Hi Mehedi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums. We are glad to help you.

Try these steps and check:

a. Press Windows key + X type Devmgmt.msc to open device manager.

b. Click on view and press on "show hidden devices".

c. Go down to the list of devices and expand the node "Network Devices" .

d. Find an adapter with the name "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" and then right click on it.

e. Select Enable

f. This will enable the AdHoc created connection, it should appear in the network connections in Network and Sharing Center, if the AdHoc network connection is not appear then open elevated command prompt and apply this command "netsh wlan stop hostednetwork"
    without quotations.

g. After this, the connection should appear.

If the issue persists, try this:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

I got like 12 times Microsoft virtual adapter in the device manager is it normal ?

1. I got like 12 times Microsoft virtual adapter in the device manager is it normal ? - Similar Threads - got times Microsoft

2. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  3. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  4. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter missing in Device Manager of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter missing in Device Manager of Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter helps you turn on or off virtual Wi-Fi or wireless network on your Windows 10 computer. However, if you cannot find it or Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing in Device Manager, here is how you can show or enable...
  5. display adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display adapter in device manager: my pc have no graphics card except the cpu integrated graphics and its working fine before but the next following day when I opened my pc its a dead blue and no signal on my monitor. I done everything and reset bios by removing cmos battery still same. So I decided to fix...
  6. Bluetooth Adapter not in device manager

Bluetooth Adapter not in device manager: Today I installed an OKN ax200 wifi6 pcie wifi card w/ bluetooth 5.1 into my builds pciex1 slot aorus z390 pro board & intel core i9 The wifi is working fantastically however the bluetooth is not, it does not allow me the option to turn bluetooth on and off! In my...
  7. i got code 31 in device manager on display adapters

i got code 31 in device manager on display adapters: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31 The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device. on display adapter i have NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS i cant install it have triangle on logo...
  8. "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing in device manager, Hosted network...

"Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing in device manager, Hosted network...: 1. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing in device manager, 2. Hosted network support: No in the Command Prompt, and 3. Hotspot not working. May I ask Who is still experiencing these kinds of problems? It seems this occurred right after your Windows got...
  9. "No Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" Found In Device Manager

"No Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" Found In Device Manager: Before, you guys from the Microsoft support start saying anything. I want to say, I've been already gone through each and every step answers on this community. I have read all the previous replies and answers. Still, asking the same question "Why there is no Microsoft hosted...
  10. SMBServer/Operational & WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter - is this normal?

SMBServer/Operational & WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter - is this normal?: I was browsing through my Event Viewer today and came across the following event. Should this be there even though this is a stand alone machine that should not be connected to any SMB servers or clients? Also, my Device Manager shows a MS Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter and...