Windows 10: I got limited startup options since the last windows10 update.

Discus and support I got limited startup options since the last windows10 update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello world, Since the last windows 10 update I am likmited in the start up options. normally I would engage task management and go in to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shizzledizzl, Oct 22, 2016.

1. I got limited startup options since the last windows10 update.

Hello world,

Since the last windows 10 update I am likmited in the start up options. normally I would engage task management and go in to the startup tab and deactivate like 10-15 programs. But since the update the list is down to 6 programs I can deactivate, but I notice it takes like double the time to fully startup now..
    Any thoughts?

Thanks!*Biggrin

:)

Shizzledizzl, Oct 22, 2016

2. Windows update has hung my desktop and I have no boot disk or usb.

I never wanted Windows 10, but got sick of the GWX badgering.

last night (9/23/16) Microsoft hit me with the big anniversary update and today it won't boot up past the initial startup screen. If I hit escape, it gives me startup menu on a blue box, but nothing gets me to boot in safe mode where I can undo this infernal
    update.

i have read that Microsoft is aware of the bug, but since they don't have a fix, they are providing limited advice that doesn't help. Any ideas out there?

YouAlreadyHaveit, Oct 22, 2016
  3. Startup problems since last update

Hi Greg,

To troubleshoot performance issues in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these methods below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Run Windows speed and performance troubleshooter

Click on this
    link
    to download and run the automated troubleshooter.

Method 2: Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This eliminates software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update.

Please click on this
    link
    to know how to perform a clean boot in Windows 10.

Method 3: Deployment Image Servicing and Management.

You can use the DISM tool to update the files and correct the problem.

To repair an image, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the following command into your Command Prompt: DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • Hit Enter to execute the command. It may take a few minutes to finish. If you find
      The operation completed successfully, click X to close the Command Prompt.
    Method 4: Run System File Checker

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the following command into your Command Prompt: SFC /scannow
    • Hit Enter to execute the command. It may take a few minutes to finish. If you find
      Verification 100% complete, click X to close the Command Prompt.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

I got limited startup options since the last windows10 update.

Hello, I noticed about 4 programs which normally started on log-on did so no longer after an update - two updates back I think- I just re-enabled them. Often there's an option in the program to do so, unless you've manually added them to start-up.

That seems to have been an exceptional experience though.

I can't account for your longer startup time. Technical analysis of that is a bit involved.

Start with a basic disk check:
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

dalchina, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

I got limited startup options since the last windows10 update.

1. I got limited startup options since the last windows10 update. - Similar Threads - got limited startup

2. last windows10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    last windows10 update: This update corrupt something that mess up the sound card. I cant work anymore with Finale music editor that gives me an error code 7. How to solve the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-windows10-update/866341e7-3ca6-4f32-a296-bfb3c53a27b3
  3. No network at startup on ethernet cable since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network at startup on ethernet cable since last update: Hello, every morning I have to start the troubleshooting wizard to solve this I couldn't tell when the last update was, a week or two, but since then that problem has gotten really annoying How can I get a solution for this? Can you make a patch or something? Thanks...
  4. Pendo360 Camera not working since last update of Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pendo360 Camera not working since last update of Windows10: Since last update of Windows10 Oct2020, Camera driver has been deleted. Can not find any driver to fix camera. Pendo PtyLtd has not got any websites to download such a driver for the camera to be place back on my Pendo360 laptop. Can anyone help please....
  5. No network @ startup on ethernet cable since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network @ startup on ethernet cable since last update: Hi, every morning I have to start the troubleshooting assistant to resolve this couldn't say when was last update, one week or two, but since then, that issue has become really annoying I tried to uninstall my ethernet diver in the device manager, then rebooting...
  6. Battery options disappeared since last Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery options disappeared since last Windows Update: Good morning, Since I last updated Windows 10, I can't choose if I want to be on performance mode or balanced or power saving as shown in the screenshot, I can't enable it from notification board aswell. I'm on MSI GL65 9SD laptop [ATTACH] Thank you for your attention...
  7. Hibernate option gone since last update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate option gone since last update: ever since the last update the hibernate option has disappeared from the advanced power setting. the checkbox is also gone from the system settings even the "change settings that are unavailable". It no longer shows up and all I can choose from is to lock or sleep. It seems...
  8. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  9. Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update: During the last two weeks or so, I've noticed that my laptop takes an inordinate amount of time to start up--way more time than it used to take, and that's even with fast startup enabled. I think the longer startup began after the last Windows 10 cumulative update...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538