Windows 10: I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

Discus and support I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install ultraviewer, is it a scam?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Torrie L Hazelbaker, Feb 29, 2024.

1. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install ultraviewer, is it a scam?

:)

Torrie L Hazelbaker, Feb 29, 2024

2. Message on computer states it has been locked up by Microsoft

My laptop has a message on the screen stating it has been locked up by Microsoft and not to turn off phone number listed as Microsoft support 888.686.8239

Is this a legitimate message.

Gloria Trejo, Feb 29, 2024
  3. numbers key will not lock on My hp lapto computer

I tried the suggestion, however it did not work on my HP Laptop. I wish it had.

RichardStewart_954, Feb 29, 2024
  4. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

Numbers key does not lock after installing windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access number lock key form the keyboard after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please let us know with the following to assist you better:

1. Have you made any changes to the BIOS?

2. Is this issue confined only with the number lock key?

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the search option.

• Click on Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Try to update the drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboard ">" symbol.

• Right-click on the device and click on Uninstall.

• Restart the computer so that the driver will be automatically updated

• Or you may contact the manufacturer's website and install the driver.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

1. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install... - Similar Threads - got message computer

2. I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up: I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up, ask me to call microsoft support at 65 68649624 but the guy talk in very deep indian accent and i don't understand at all so ask him to send me all the step that I need to do. but he keep telling me, no worry,...
  3. I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up: I got the message from my computer that my computer get locked up, ask me to call microsoft support at 65 68649624 but the guy talk in very deep indian accent and i don't understand at all so ask him to send me all the step that I need to do. but he keep telling me, no worry,...
  4. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...: I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install ultraviewer, is it a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-message-that-my-computer-was-locked-up-and/3e0e03af-b00c-4a51-abcc-076948ed4fb4
  5. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...: I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install ultraviewer, is it a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-message-that-my-computer-was-locked-up-and/3e0e03af-b00c-4a51-abcc-076948ed4fb4
  6. What is the support phone number. My computer has been locked up.

What is the support phone number. My computer has been locked up.: Help! I need to talk to customer service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-support-phone-number-my-computer-has/edd7ff09-bcf5-4eae-9a0b-1d6ce6c34cd5
  7. Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...: Got a message saying my computer is locked up and should call +1-88-846-8834 is this fake? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-message-that-my-computer-was-locked-up-and/947f9438-5ca3-4889-a43d-afba1ddffb14
  8. Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...: Got a message saying my computer is locked up and should call +1-88-846-8834 is this fake? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-message-that-my-computer-was-locked-up-and/947f9438-5ca3-4889-a43d-afba1ddffb14
  9. Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...

10. What us the support number for Microsoft. I received a message that my computer is locked...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What us the support number for Microsoft. I received a message that my computer is locked...: Received a message that my computer is locked and to call 1 888 585 6913 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-us-the-support-number-for-microsoft-i/e87c2128-be3a-42e8-860c-a3b76e7a0beb