Windows 10: I got my new laptop about 2 months ago, it's my second windows one because my old one came...

Discus and support I got my new laptop about 2 months ago, it's my second windows one because my old one came... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/felpo23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi190d/i_got_my_new_laptop_about_2_months_ago_its_my/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/felpo23, Jun 29, 2020.

1. I got my new laptop about 2 months ago, it's my second windows one because my old one came...

/u/felpo23, Jun 29, 2020

2. got a new laptop but has the same problem as my old one

i just brought a new laptop as my old one was not working properly and now this one is doing the same thing. it automatically transferred my old stuff from my laptop and has started flashing colors as it starts up and when you put in a usb . please help
    ASAP Thanks

GeekPrincess11, Jun 29, 2020
  3. GregH Win User
    Installing my old laptops SSD into my new laptop as a second drive

Hi all, just acquired a new Dell laptop. It came with a 250GB nvme SSD which is a bit small for my needs. It does however have the option to install a second SSD. My old laptop just so happens to have a 500GB Samsung Evo 840 SSD and it still works well. I have Windows Professional installed, all up to date according to MS.

i am thinking, to kill two birds with one stone, install the Samsung 500GB SSD into the new laptop as a second drive. By doing this I get both the additional storage I need and all my files on my old laptop. Now I realize I will need to delete the old Windows folder and all application folders, just retaining the My Documents etc folders with my docs, images, spreadsheets etc but will I run into any other issues, for example permissions? I would not be able to format this second SSD as I need the files on it and right now, I don’t have anywhere to back it up to.

i just want to be sure that this won’t bite me with multiple complicated issues And warning pop up messages down the line or slow the PC down.

GregH, Jun 29, 2020
  4. I got my new laptop about 2 months ago, it's my second windows one because my old one came...

How do I make a folder on one laptop visible to another laptop?

I re-read your first post. Here are the steps I've taken.

1) One folder on the old laptop => Properties => Sharing => Advanced Sharing => Share this folder.

2) Same folder => Properties => Security => all user names have full control. (My new laptop name is not listed). I don't see a way to add my new laptop name.

3) Folder Explorer on my new laptop => Network --- lists my Win7 laptop --- does not list my old laptop.

ClydeEisenbeis, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

I got my new laptop about 2 months ago, it's my second windows one because my old one came...

1. I got my new laptop about 2 months ago, it's my second windows one because my old one came... - Similar Threads - got laptop months

2. I have 2 different charges on my CC for Microsoft. One is a monthly charge and one is a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 different charges on my CC for Microsoft. One is a monthly charge and one is a...: I have 2 different charges. One is a monthly charge and one is a larger one time charge. I’d like to know what the larger charge is for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-2-different-charges-on-my-cc-for-microsoft/01de7319-30d7-4407-a4f6-9f94844e361b
  3. I have 2 different charges on my CC for Microsoft. One is a monthly charge and one is a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 2 different charges on my CC for Microsoft. One is a monthly charge and one is a...: I have 2 different charges. One is a monthly charge and one is a larger one time charge. I’d like to know what the larger charge is for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-2-different-charges-on-my-cc-for-microsoft/01de7319-30d7-4407-a4f6-9f94844e361b
  4. Remove bitlocker from my new computer because the old one is broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove bitlocker from my new computer because the old one is broken: Hi,My old laptop is broken so i moved the bitlocker drives to a new computer. I have the digits for both of the drives but the problem is that I can’t update windows when rebooting because the bitlocker stops me from doing so. Is there any way that i can turn it off from the...
  5. Remove bitlocker from my new computer because the old one is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove bitlocker from my new computer because the old one is broken: Hi,My old laptop is broken so i moved the bitlocker drives to a new computer. I have the digits for both of the drives but the problem is that I can’t update windows when rebooting because the bitlocker stops me from doing so. Is there any way that i can turn it off from the...
  6. Moving my SSD from my old laptop to my new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving my SSD from my old laptop to my new one: Hi, I currently have a SSD with Windows 10 in my old laptop which I would like to move to a new laptop which has Windows 10 Installed on a PCIe NVME SSD. I've already checked and there is room in my new laptop to install my old SSD in. Is it possible to do this so that...
  7. I can not get my Gmail, last one is one month ago.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not get my Gmail, last one is one month ago.: I can not get my email, last one is one month ago. * Original title: email.from gmail * Moved from IE8/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-get-my-gmail-last-one-is-one-month-ago/f3b3842e-c917-4b53-8695-9437e3ad6e00
  8. just got a new tablet and somehow one of my old fb accounts got on there

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    just got a new tablet and somehow one of my old fb accounts got on there: Hi, I just got a new tablet and when I was setting it up somehow one of my old fb accounts got on there. so now when I get on fb it wont pull up the new one I was using on my old tablet. can someone help? thanks...
  9. got a new laptop but has the same problem as my old one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    got a new laptop but has the same problem as my old one: i just brought a new laptop as my old one was not working properly and now this one is doing the same thing. it automatically transferred my old stuff from my laptop and has started flashing colors as it starts up and when you put in a usb . please help ASAP Thanks...
  10. scanner worked on my old laptop, but not my new one, both Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanner worked on my old laptop, but not my new one, both Win10: I have an ancient HP Scanjet 4500c scanner which isn't supported by HP any more, but for which Windows 10 installed the driver automatically when I plugged it into my old laptop. However when I plug it into my new laptop Device Manager says "There are no compatible drivers...