Windows 10: I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymor

Discus and support I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymore. I removed my printer from devices and printers and tried a reinstall. It's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hollyoaks777, Oct 18, 2015.

1. I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymor

I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymore. I removed my printer from devices and printers and tried a reinstall. It's a cannon Pixma 3150 and Windows 10 Home. The router was faulty so got new 1 off Virgin. But as it's a new password my printer appears offline. So I removed the device and tried reinstallin it with option of install printer wirelessly using USB connection. But as soon as I plug usb in, windows 10 adds the printer itself and then I get the error printer driver is already in use and I can't go any further with the setup. Does anyone know what I need to do?

:)

hollyoaks777, Oct 18, 2015

2. Wireless printing isn't working...

My Canon printer won't print wirelessly from this computer...it did for about a year, until I bought a new router. The printer works great with my two other computers...

FREDBARTON, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Tartar Win User
    [solved] Windows 10 Cannot join create to home homegroup

sigh, i just don't know anymore, i want a homegroup because i want to share my printer, then i remembered that my printer can be set up as a network printer, i just tried that and both win 10 systems can access the printer. Then, I attached a USB drive
    to my router just to check if it can be accessed... and yes, both PCs can.. I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymor :( yet somehow, both PCs can't access each other's shared folders...

Tartar, Oct 18, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymor

I also have a canon printer hooked up to my home network. (2 computers) I just bought a new canon printer 2 weeks ago to replace my old one. I called Canon support, they offer FREE support for all their printers. That is one option you might want to check into. 2nd option might be to try and hook up your printer via network cable plugged into back of your new router, instead of using the wireless method. But canon support is really good. Just a couple of ideas for you to try.

OldMike65, Oct 18, 2015
  5. Unfortunetly my Printer is to far way to do this. Is it only free if you live in America as I am in the UK?

6. OldMike65 Win User
    Oh I see, ok, then my next question would be, you said you installed printer via usb wirelessly ??? can't do both, installing printer via a usb port is one method, and installing wirelessly is a different method. They are separate not the same. That is way windows is telling you printer driver is already in use. choose only 1 method. Remove your installation of your printer completely, using windows uninstall program feature, make sure it is still not in your device manager, make sure your printer is off, and not plugged in via usb port before uninstalling. THEN try reinstalling via the software that came with your printer. Check canons web site for the latest software for your printer. Canon has new updates for computers running win 10. Download the latest software from Canon, follow the instructions, use the usb option 1st, as that might be easier for you to install printer for you.
    Just make sure everything is removed before trying to reinstall.

OldMike65, Oct 18, 2015
  7. OK. Thank you. I will give that a go.

8. OldMike65 Win User

I did find the link for your Canon Pixma MG3150 in the UK for the Windows 10 drivers.
    https://www.canon.co.uk/support/cons...ge=&os=WINDOWS 10 (64-bit)

Try that page, it used my system specs thou, which is Windows 64 bit. but check out these new drivers for your canon.

OldMike65, Oct 18, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Nice to see topgundcp checking on me......

OldMike65, Oct 18, 2015
  10. topgundcp Win User
    LOL. Why would I want to check on you ????

topgundcp, Oct 18, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    I have no idea to be honest....none.....just like I have no idea why you never answer my questions for help, when I ask you, or reply back to any msgs I write to you.....no idea.....none....

OldMike65, Oct 18, 2015
  12. Sorry for that but I was looking after my niece. And I am not at home. I always reply to everyone and thank them. It's because of my niece making a video with my phone. That's why.

13. OldMike65 Win User

No.....my last post was not ment for you hollyoaks I was posting that msg to someone else not you. Please forgive me if I confused you. Hope the link I sent you help when you are able to use it too.
    Take care, Mike..*Smile

OldMike65, Oct 18, 2015
  14. No worries Mike I am glad of that.

15. That worked. Thanks for your help Mike

Thema:

1. I got new router today and I can't access my printer wirelessly anymor - Similar Threads - got router today

2. I GOT A NEW COMPUTER NOW CAN'T ACCESS DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I GOT A NEW COMPUTER NOW CAN'T ACCESS DRIVE: I GOT A NEW wINDOWS cOMPUTER WITH 11HAD OLD COMPUTER WITH 10CAN'T ACCESS MY DRIVE FILES ON NEW COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-new-computer-now-cant-access-drive/f7011caa-433b-4d1e-9819-2289481d3d2e
  3. cannot print to my wireless printer anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot print to my wireless printer anymore: My laptop cannot print to my wireless printer. My ipad and iphone will print to same printer fine. I'm not sure what port I should be using, I switched it for fax, but then didn't remember what it was before. Error message pops up, says ERROR PRINTING on HP ENVY...

new router and canon wireless printer is offline: new router from fios, everything works perfectly, except wireless printer cannot be made to print and remains offline ran all troubleshooters, have rebooted wireless laptop and power-cycled the canon more thanonce...
  5. Can't connect with wireless router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect with wireless router: From one of my Windows 10 PC's I'm not able to connect anymore with my wireless router which connect with the Internet. Until a few hours ago this connection worked just fine. I doesn't seem to be a problem with the wireless router since 2 of my other PC's(also running...
  6. HP Deskjet 3050 wireless printer worked fine until I got a new router, now can't print....

HP Deskjet 3050 wireless printer worked fine until I got a new router, now can't print....: New router, but HP Printer cannot find wireless router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-deskjet-3050-wireless-printer-worked-fine-until/30456bd8-52f8-4e59-81fb-2ca347eeb75f
  7. I had to replace the router My computer gets on the wireless fine but the printer will not...

I had to replace the router My computer gets on the wireless fine but the printer will not...: Same as Subject line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-replace-the-router-my-computer-gets-on/a8bb5eea-b2b0-4007-b4ce-7860ad9848cf
  8. Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router: Hello and I need help. This is my 1st wireless router, called Linksys EA-9300 AC which is wireless connected to my new HP PC which also has AC. I have 300 mb service in both up and down and cannot achieve the top speeds in any direction. The most that I can get is 220-250 up...
  9. Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router: Hello and I need help. This is my 1st wireless router, called Linksys EA-9300 AC which is wireless connected to my new HP PC. I have 300 mb service in both up and down and cannot achieve the top speeds in any direction. The most that I can get is 220-250 up and down. I paid...
  10. I can't access my homegroup anymore

I can't access my homegroup anymore: When I try to use my homegroup, I get a message "Enter network credentials." I never needed this before and don't know what the credentials are. The system doesn't provide a way to retrieve my user name and password. How can I do this? Thanks. 33066