Windows 10: i got scammed and deleted the prefetch files

Discus and support i got scammed and deleted the prefetch files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i researched and saw that they install when u use the pc but why can't i use the search bar or why the settings don't open?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PlagueDoc0976, Aug 29, 2021.

1. i got scammed and deleted the prefetch files

so i researched and saw that they install when u use the pc but why can't i use the search bar or why the settings don't open?

:)

PlagueDoc0976, Aug 29, 2021
  2. Micah Bat Win User

Delete Unused Prfetch Files

Hi,

To view the prefetch folder, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type in "C:/WINDOWS/Prefetch" without the quotation.

By then, you can now view the list of prefetch on your Windows. You can determine which prefetch to delete by its filename and the date that it has been modified. You can also check its properties for the details of the said prefetch files. To delete it, right-click
    the said prefetch and then, click Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Aug 29, 2021
  3. query about "temp", "%temp%", "prefetch" files delete

Can I delete "temp", "%temp%", "prefetch" files in windows 10. If yes so please guide me the proper step

Surajit Sarkar, Aug 29, 2021
  4. i got scammed and deleted the prefetch files

Deleting the temporary files

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Please follow these steps to empty the ‘temp’, ‘%temp%’ and ‘prefetch’ folders to check if that makes any difference.

• Press ‘Windows key + R’ to open the run window.
    • Type ‘temp’ and hit enter.
    • Select all the files by pressing ‘Control key + A’ and press ‘Delete’. Follow the on-screen directions to delete the files. Once this is done, close the folder.
    Repeat the same steps to empty the ‘%temp%’ and ‘prefetch’ folders.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 29, 2021
Thema:

i got scammed and deleted the prefetch files

1. i got scammed and deleted the prefetch files - Similar Threads - got scammed deleted

2. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch: Salve, vorrei chiedervi se per caso esiste un metodo, incluso in Windows, per controllare i file recentemente cancellati dal prefetch. Grazie in anticipo. Hi, I would like to ask you if by chance there is a method, included in Windows, to check recently deleted files from...
  3. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch: Salve, vorrei chiedervi se per caso esiste un metodo, incluso in Windows, per controllare i file recentemente cancellati dal prefetch. Grazie in anticipo. Hi, I would like to ask you if by chance there is a method, included in Windows, to check recently deleted files from...
  4. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Got scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got scam: 1/6/2021 Ultra-high performance CyberPower PC sweepstakes There was absolutely no winner despite my sending 100 or 200 entries. Every day I check the contest to see if anything has changed. Did you lose the computer or anything and not tell anyone?...
  6. Got scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got scam: 1/6/2021 Ultra-high performance CyberPower PC sweepstakes There was absolutely no winner despite my sending 100 or 200 entries. Every day I check the contest to see if anything has changed. Did you lose the computer or anything and not tell anyone?...
  7. Got scam

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Prefetch files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prefetch files: Yesterday i accidently deleted prefetch files from my computer and i recovered them by restoring them from my recycle bin is that okay ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prefetch-files/7f919965-092d-47ed-951f-537c167eb1cd
  9. Prefetch folder deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prefetch folder deleted: Hey, i was watching some video about performance boost and i deleted the prefetch folder. Now for a week my laptop is starting slower than it was before. I was researching and i found out that deleting this folder causes slower startup (2 minutes or more). Is there any chance...
  10. Prefetch Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Prefetch Files: My Windows 10 was extremely slow and I tried everything to make it faster. I was told NOT to delete the prefetch files BUT never the less I tried and like magic, my Windows 10 was at least a dozen times faster. I did find that the startup was slower but the fact that it ran...