Windows 10: I got stuck in "your pc did not start correctly" after updating

Discus and support I got stuck in "your pc did not start correctly" after updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to update my pc, im not sure what the updates was but it was something like 20H2 and some driver updates i clicked on update and restart and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by elyess_4, Jul 14, 2021.

1. elyess_4 Win User

I got stuck in "your pc did not start correctly" after updating

I wanted to update my pc, im not sure what the updates was but it was something like 20H2 and some driver updates i clicked on update and restart and went away, when i came back i found the pc turned off, when i turned it on i saw the logo and "preparing automatic repair" then "diagnosing your pc" then blue screen that says "automatic repair your pc did not start correctly" and a restart button, i tried restart but nothing works, i tried advanced options, continue to windows will turn off the pc, i tried troubleshoot, i dont want to reset my pc because i have files that i didnt backup, i use

:)

elyess_4, Jul 14, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I got stuck in "your pc did not start correctly" after updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 14, 2021
  4. I got stuck in "your pc did not start correctly" after updating

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

I got stuck in "your pc did not start correctly" after updating

1. I got stuck in "your pc did not start correctly" after updating - Similar Threads - got stuck did

2. Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PC did not start correctly: Everytime I update the Bluetooth on my computer, it completely breaks my computer. No amount of automatic repair or system restore fixes the issue. Last time this happened, I had to take it into a repair shop. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PC did not start correctly: Everytime I update the Bluetooth on my computer, it completely breaks my computer. No amount of automatic repair or system restore fixes the issue. Last time this happened, I had to take it into a repair shop. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your PC did not start correctly: I believe my PC overheated, which caused this error. Allowing it to cool down off did not help. It brought back to the blue screen for repair options. I tried doing 'System Restore' and it has me select my account, but then asks for a password. This is where Im stuck. I've...
  6. Stuck on the "Your PC did not start correctly"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on the "Your PC did not start correctly": Hello everyone, i have a problem witm my windows. Im currently stuck on the "Your PC did not start correctly". I tried restarting, repairing, going into safe mode, but everytime i try, i get sent back to the "Your PC did not start correctly" message. I have Linux mint on dual...
  7. Your pc did not start correctly

Your pc did not start correctly: I dont have a good english but I hope u understand me. I didnt turn on my laptop from some months. Today I tried start , will start normally but my screen was blocked . I restarted, after this , was apper blue screen with this error. I tried use Startup repara but doesnt...
  8. Your pc did not start correctly

Your pc did not start correctly: The automatic update to W10 resulted in the error message "Your pc did not start correctly". I went through all of the automatic repairs it did not work. All the attempts went into repetitive loop...
  9. "Your PC did not start correctly"

"Your PC did not start correctly": Hello When i turn on the laptop it say "Automatic repair" "Your PC did not start correctly" So i've been looking online for a solution and after trying out several things i'm down to my last hope the microsoft community. It seems to be a Hard Drive problem Here you...
  10. Your PC did not start correctly

Your PC did not start correctly: Hello all, My PC was working fine over night, when i woke up this morning, it gave me the above message with automotic repair. Restarting did not work, shutting down did not work. resetting the PC with all the options gave me Could not Reset errors. Startup repair could not...