Windows 10: I got the BSOD, PC rebooted fine there wasn't an error code, I read somewhere to check here...

Discus and support I got the BSOD, PC rebooted fine there wasn't an error code, I read somewhere to check here... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/StiffNippleTin [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StiffNippleTin, Mar 26, 2020.

1. I got the BSOD, PC rebooted fine there wasn't an error code, I read somewhere to check here...

/u/StiffNippleTin, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Mar 26, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

I got the BSOD, PC rebooted fine there wasn't an error code, I read somewhere to check here...

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

I got the BSOD, PC rebooted fine there wasn't an error code, I read somewhere to check here...

1. I got the BSOD, PC rebooted fine there wasn't an error code, I read somewhere to check here... - Similar Threads - got BSOD rebooted

2. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: HI, this is my first time experiencing a BSOD and it has made me very concerned about my computers health. If someone could give me information about what component or driver is causing this error it would mean a lot. Minidump file 022924-6203-01 - Copy.dmp...
  3. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: HI, this is my first time experiencing a BSOD and it has made me very concerned about my computers health. If someone could give me information about what component or driver is causing this error it would mean a lot. Minidump file 022924-6203-01 - Copy.dmp...
  4. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I got a BSOD error & when I check the event viewer, it says : "The computer has rebooted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a BSOD error & when I check the event viewer, it says : "The computer has rebooted...: This has been a frequent issue for me and it seems these BSOD crashes only happen when I'm gaming, Any kind of support is appreciated.it also says that Dump file is saved at: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP...
  6. I got a BSOD error & when I check the event viewer, it says : "The computer has rebooted...

I got a BSOD error & when I check the event viewer, it says : "The computer has rebooted...: This has been a frequent issue for me and it seems these BSOD crashes only happen when I'm gaming, Any kind of support is appreciated.it also says that Dump file is saved at: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP...
  7. I got a BSOD error & when I check the event viewer, it says : "The computer has rebooted...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I encountered a BSOD and rebooted from a bug check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I encountered a BSOD and rebooted from a bug check: I hope someone can help me, this is the first this had happened to me. After opening my laptop from sleep, it suddenly crushes into BSOD.There were times that it would restart after opening from sleep. I have already tried setting the PC but the problem still exist. Here is...
  9. I encountered a BSOD and rebooted from a bug check

I encountered a BSOD and rebooted from a bug check: I hope someone can help me, this is the first this had happened to me. After opening my laptop from sleep, it suddenly crushes into BSOD.There were times that it would restart after opening from sleep. I have already tried setting the PC but the problem still exist. Here is...
  10. I encountered a BSOD and rebooted from a bug check

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware