Windows 10: I got the other people are logged onto this computer message. Sharing scenario: is it a...

Discus and support I got the other people are logged onto this computer message. Sharing scenario: is it a... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! As I was turning off my computer yesterday I got that message that said paraphrasing: Other people are logged onto this computer. Shutting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SME.TX.BX, Jan 30, 2020.

1. SME.TX.BX Win User

I got the other people are logged onto this computer message. Sharing scenario: is it a...

Hello!

As I was turning off my computer yesterday I got that message that said paraphrasing:

Other people are logged onto this computer. Shutting down Windows might cause them to lose data. Do you still want to continue shutting down?

A couple hours before I was on a Zoom video call 7pm start These odd things happened:

• My camera was not working, so I closed up and restarted my computer as one troubleshooting action
    • When the computer restarted, the "moving thinking circles" just kept going and going and would not let me get to my sign in windows sign in I think page
    • So I clicked on task manager to get to the sign in page ...some how that interrupted the "moving thinking circles" and that worked to get me to the sign in
    • Also the link I had for the zoom call went to a google page that had a redirecting link that I clicked on
    • I eventually got to the zoom call ok - but it took about 5 to 10 minutes and started about 7:10pm

When I got the "other people are logged onto this computer" message hours later, I opened task manager and nothing was running though I did not think to click on the users tab...so I did not see. Since nothing was running I closed the computer.

Then I reopened the computer as I had second thoughts about that "others are logged on" message.

I investigated to see if maybe the zoom link somehow got my computer infected or other infection issue.

I looked at what activity had been happening since 7pm on my computer. Under update history - there was a Windows Definition Update actually 3 that happened at 7:07p.

And later I see that there had been a windows update error that day though I could not see what time that happened.

As a response I ran Windows Defender full scan with internet off. There were no issues. good.

I cleared my cache of stored login passwords and am changing many key passwords.

I wonder if this is what happened to give me the "other people are logged in" message:

Was it: as I was turning off and restarting my computer when I was trying to get my video camera to work for the zoom call around 7p, that is when the Windows Definition Update was trying to happen around 7pm and I interrupted it by restarting my computer, though I did not know the update was trying to happen, somehow. And then hours later when i tried to turn my computer off and got the "other people are logged in" message, was the Windows Definition Update still trying to do its job...so it was still connected or connecting somehow because it never really was fully successful because I interrupted it at 7-ish? And my computer interpreted that as "other people logged in."?

Does the above scenario sound plausible? I'd be happy if so, because it would mean my computer is not likely infected.

Or do you think I got the "other people are logged in" message because the machine has been infected? Or is there another reason that seems likely?

If so, what action do you recommend I take? Thank you so much!

:)

SME.TX.BX, Jan 30, 2020

2. "Other people are logged on to..."

Hi,

It is truly possible that there is still another user logged in your computer that is why you're receiving the warning message. To check if there are other accounts logged in, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to go to
      Task Manager.
    • Go to the Users tab and see if there are other users.
    • If you see another account, right-click it and press Disconnect.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 30, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

I got the other people are logged onto this computer message. Sharing scenario: is it a...

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

1. I got the other people are logged onto this computer message. Sharing scenario: is it a... - Similar Threads - got are logged

2. BitLocker could not be enabled message after logging onto computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker could not be enabled message after logging onto computer: I have begin seeing the below message after logging onto a number of computers in different corporate environments. This is immediately after logging on and without any actions of actually trying to enable BitLocker. Does anyone know if this is a result of a particular...
  3. BitLocker could not be enabled message after logging onto computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker could not be enabled message after logging onto computer: I have begin seeing the below message after logging onto a number of computers in different corporate environments. This is immediately after logging on and without any actions of actually trying to enable BitLocker. Does anyone know if this is a result of a particular...
  4. BitLocker could not be enabled message after logging onto computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to log onto network computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to log onto network computer: I am unable to log onto my second Win 10 computer. I am using the same credentials I use to log on directly but they are not working from the other computer....
  6. logging onto desk top computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    logging onto desk top computer: I have Windows 10 and am stuck on the administrator log in screen. I have pushed the windows key and r and no run window comes up. I have tried every password for Administrator and can't log on to my desk top computer. I have restarted the computer and nothing changes....
  7. Updated windows last night and got this. Can't log onto my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated windows last night and got this. Can't log onto my computer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scary__snek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjth0a/updated_windows_last_night_and_got_this_cant_log/
  8. log onto computer failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    log onto computer failure: I had two people that were able to log into this computer. Now only one can log in. condition: user no.1 can log in user no2 cannot log in anymore. With user no1 logged in I click on " other user" and try to log in with user no.2 User no.2 can not login in. User no 2...
  9. How to Share a Photos Video Project with other people

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Share a Photos Video Project with other people: <p>I started a Photos Video Project, but I need to give it to someone else to finish it. Where can I find the artifacts (project file) to be able to give it to someone else? I have saved locally, but it obscures the storage location, and if I push it to onedrive, I still find...
  10. Logging onto my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging onto my computer: After updating windows 10, when I TRY TO LOG ONTO MY COMPUTER I get message that user profile cannot be loaded. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-onto-my-computer/c57b0b4e-5e59-4952-8492-45d33d4d1717

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 got message other people are logged on to this computer