Windows 10: I got the Screen that Said that my Boot Container is Either missing or contains incorrect...

Discus and support I got the Screen that Said that my Boot Container is Either missing or contains incorrect... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo Ideapad 500 Laptop for years. I decided to install Unetbootin and then install Ubuntu 18.04 alongside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tucker-Rucker, Mar 30, 2020.

1. I got the Screen that Said that my Boot Container is Either missing or contains incorrect...

I have been using Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo Ideapad 500 Laptop for years.

I decided to install Unetbootin and then install Ubuntu 18.04 alongside Windows 10 Pro.

Something went wrong!

Unetbootin installed easily and as I when I rebooted the computer and selected Ubuntu or Advanced Ubuntu it worked fine.

However, whenI select the Windows 10 option I get a boot manager screen

The items on the list are:

The Boot Configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors

Then it gives me three steps to regain the full use of Windows.

They are:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer

2. Choose your language settings and "click' next".

3. Click repair you computer

Firstly, I assume, that the boot order must be changed in order to have the laptop book from the DVD/CD-ROM

Also, I have no Windows installation disk. So I guess that I will need to make one. That should not be hard since I have

three other Windows 10 Pro laptops in my house so I will use one of those to make the disc.

However in each one I booted and went to the control panel and selected:

Backup and Recovery

It is not three on any of my laptops.

Instead, I got

Backup and RecoveryWindows 7.

Now that is confusing since as I said each laptop has Windows 10 Pro. Windows 7 was once my OS, but it is not now.

So what can I do? I cannot use Windows 7 and recover on a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit machine.

I just cannot do that. I am stuck and need help.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

:)

Tucker-Rucker, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Dandido Win User

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

To topgundcp.

I followed your instructions but Macrium could not find an operating system. See image below.

I got the Screen that Said that my Boot Container is Either missing or contains incorrect... [​IMG]

I pressed next anyway and selected C: and pressed next again.

I got the Screen that Said that my Boot Container is Either missing or contains incorrect... [​IMG]

I ran the fix and everything seems to have worked fine. I then restarted my computer.

I was greeted with a new error *Sad

Any idea on what to do next?

To dalchina.

Here's the result from the HD Tune Health tab.

I am currently doing an error scan with no damaged blocks after 15 minutes. I will leave it on and come back later and post the result.

To bro67.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it after the error scan is completed and post the results.

So to summarize I currently have this error when trying to boot my computer.

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    <Windows root>\system 32\hal.dll.

Dandido, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Kernel missing/contains error, error code 0xc0000605

Hello,

after running the chkdsk c: /f and /r command, it said that there was no problem. So I tried to reboot the laptop to see if it worked but now it shows a different error which is winload.exe is missing or contains error with error code 0xc0000225. After searching
    for a solution for that problem, it suggested me to use the bootrec commands but it still gave me access denied after bootrec /fixboot

Did I miss a step or somehow made the problem worse?

That One Bakpao, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Knutti. Win User

I got the Screen that Said that my Boot Container is Either missing or contains incorrect...

Incorrect reading of content contained in a folder

Hey.

I have a folder named "S" on my internal hard-drive. In the folder's properties it lists 628GB of used storage, and 6000 files. This is an
    incorrect reading of the amount of files and storage that the folder
    actually contains.

I have several sub-folders located inside this "S"-folder, and when I mark all of them and click on properties, the
    real amount of storage and files are listed (which is 979GB of used storage, and 40028 files).

(These 2 different readings are shown in the picture below.)

Question: What is the cause of this incorrect reading? The reading has
    never been incorrect before. It suddenly started reading the folder incorrectly out of the blue.

Thanks.

Demonstration:

I got the Screen that Said that my Boot Container is Either missing or contains incorrect... e05ec9d1-740c-4138-844d-7f7b96322981?upload=true.png

Knutti., Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

I got the Screen that Said that my Boot Container is Either missing or contains incorrect...

1. I got the Screen that Said that my Boot Container is Either missing or contains incorrect... - Similar Threads - got Screen Said

2. atiadlxy.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    atiadlxy.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error: Help!!!, How do I fix this error? it happened right after I transferred my Steam folder to a newly installed HDD and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Steam thinking that it might fix it but it still didn't and now whenever I try to open Steam it wont open and it does...
  3. Windowssudk.shell.common.dll is either not designred to run on Windows, or it contains an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowssudk.shell.common.dll is either not designred to run on Windows, or it contains an...: Help! Ever since 4/17, I've had this problem of my taskbar taking longer than maybe 5 minutes to load up, and when I click it, it just turns both my monitors to all black. Even when it loads, my Start doesn't work, and not allowing me to search up anything. I've tried to...
  4. Windowssudk.shell.common.dll is either not designred to run on Windows, or it contains an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowssudk.shell.common.dll is either not designred to run on Windows, or it contains an...: Help! Ever since 4/17, I've had this problem of my taskbar taking longer than maybe 5 minutes to load up, and when I click it, it just turns both my monitors to all black. Even when it loads, my Start doesn't work, and not allowing me to search up anything. I've tried to...
  5. Windowssudk.shell.common.dll is either not designred to run on Windows, or it contains an...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error: Hey, so I have been getting this error with quite a few different DLLs including InstallService.dll D3D12CORE.dll and SystemSettingsThresholdAdminFlowUI.dll as well as many others. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I have,Ryzen 5 3600Gigabyte B550MOne 1TB HDD and one 1TB...
  7. MFPlat.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MFPlat.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error....: Hi - I am having trouble with an error that comes up when I am trying to access the video in video conferencing software. Because of this error, my camera is inaccessible to hold virtual meetings. This is the the error: "c:\Windows\System32\MFPlat.DLL is either not...
  8. Kernel missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Kernel missing or contains errors: i have no idea when it comes to computers last time i was on it it said update than shutdown in the place where shut down normally was so i when i wake up i turn the pc on and i get a error code “The operating system couldnt be loaded because the kernal is missing or...
  9. Winlolad.efi missing or contains errors

Winlolad.efi missing or contains errors: I just did a Disk Clone using MiniTool Partition wizard Free 11.6 (Took about 5 1/2 hours) using 2 separate hard drives. When It was done, I tried to boot off of the new Drive and got the following error: "WINLOAD.EFI is missing or contains errors. This is a dual boot system....
  10. boot configuration data is missing or contain error

boot configuration data is missing or contain error: what recovery tools are needed to fix error code 0xc00000039 windows 10 on acer switch 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center * Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...