Windows 10: I got the Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support I got the Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer has never been the same since my windows 10 upgrade. None of the drivers work, the computer tells me I do not have windows 10 Upgrade and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Oly@64, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Oly@64 Win User

I got the Windows 10 upgrade

My computer has never been the same since my windows 10 upgrade. None of the drivers work, the computer tells me I do not have windows 10 Upgrade and asking me to purchase it again! What is going on here?

:)

Oly@64, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. I got the Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - got upgrade

2. Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...: Hello i asked a month ago i had to revert back to windows 8 after it would not start up right. So i used this app on my Lenovo laptop a recovery key but i forgot using that it make my PC go back to windows 8 and now all my games are gone because i forgot to use restore point...
  3. Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...: Hello i asked a month ago i had to revert back to windows 8 after it would not start up right. So i used this app on my Lenovo laptop a recovery key but i forgot using that it make my PC go back to windows 8 and now all my games are gone because i forgot to use restore point...
  4. Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...: When I was trying to purchase the window would load then disappear which might have been a bug or something. It never told me my purchase went through at all....
  6. I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...

I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...: When I was trying to purchase the window would load then disappear which might have been a bug or something. It never told me my purchase went through at all....
  7. got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my...: got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my programs except my Hallmark Card Studio program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-new-hp-computer-to-upgrade-an-older-hp/9d9ff000-626b-4b90-8639-5ad1f079d0fb
  8. got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my...

got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my...: got a new H.P. computer to upgrade an older H.P. computer. When I log in I see all my programs except my Hallmark Card Studio program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-new-hp-computer-to-upgrade-an-older-hp/9d9ff000-626b-4b90-8639-5ad1f079d0fb
  9. I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...: windows 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-got-a-new-upgrade-kit-and-it-removed-my/82adeeb7-64c3-4818-91e6-05fedd019a81
  10. I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...

I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...: windows 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-got-a-new-upgrade-kit-and-it-removed-my/82adeeb7-64c3-4818-91e6-05fedd019a81