Windows 10: I got the winload.exe error when booting up after I turned off my PC during a "collecting...

Discus and support I got the winload.exe error when booting up after I turned off my PC during a "collecting... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok, so here's the thing I had hit my laptop by closing the lid, my mouse was in between the screen and the lower lid, I went out of my house shortly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leon08x, Mar 12, 2020.

1. I got the winload.exe error when booting up after I turned off my PC during a "collecting...

Ok, so here's the thing I had hit my laptop by closing the lid, my mouse was in between the screen and the lower lid, I went out of my house shortly after that but I watched my PC for a while to check the screen wasn't broken (and thankfully it wasn't) and my PC seemed to be working correctly, then afterwards when I came back to my house there was the bñue screen and since it was just collecting some info or so it said, I turned it off, the place I hit the lid close was at the other side from where the hard drive gets placed on the PC, so my question is: Could my hard drive be damaged by the hit even though my PC still showed the winload.exe error? Or could it have been an unrelated error and my Windows is just corrupted because I turned the PC off during the blue screen? Thank you all in advance.

submitted by /u/Leon08x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Leon08x, Mar 12, 2020
  2. adulaamin Win User

S.M.A.R.T. Error on boot

OK so I did what TRWOW suggested and it still didn't work. I decided to reflash the BIOS with the HDD with errors unplugged. After flashing it again, I shutdown the PC and plugged the HDD back again and voila, no errors. I shutdown the PC after a few minutes and turned it on again and no more S.M.A.R.T. Errors. Thank you all for the help! *Respect :respect: *Toast :toast:

adulaamin, Mar 12, 2020
  3. dictum Win User
    Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Mar 12, 2020
  4. adulaamin Win User

I got the winload.exe error when booting up after I turned off my PC during a "collecting...

S.M.A.R.T. Error on boot

Thanks for all the help! Just finished copying all the files to another drive. I'll try what TRWOW suggested and see if it works out. If it still pops up may be I'll just disable the Press F1 on error option since I don't turn off my PC that often. *Smile I got the winload.exe error when booting up after I turned off my PC during a "collecting... :)

adulaamin, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

I got the winload.exe error when booting up after I turned off my PC during a "collecting...

1. I got the winload.exe error when booting up after I turned off my PC during a "collecting... - Similar Threads - got winload exe

2. Why does my PC turn off during booting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my PC turn off during booting?: Ever since my pc fell it has been turning óff during the booting stage sometimes it won't even boot, it will just turn on and then off immediately. And then when it turns on it will be showing me something in CMD format which I cannot comprehend. I don't know what to do....
  3. Why does my PC turn off during booting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC turn off during booting?: Ever since my pc fell it has been turning óff during the booting stage sometimes it won't even boot, it will just turn on and then off immediately. And then when it turns on it will be showing me something in CMD format which I cannot comprehend. I don't know what to do....
  4. My pc won’t boot after I turned it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t boot after I turned it off: One day i turned my pc off fully, then pulled the plug when it was completely off. After that i booted it up with the plug in and it said that something cpu memory was cleared and i had to choose an overclocking profile. It took a while to load to windows but it did. i...
  5. My pc won’t boot after I turned it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t boot after I turned it off: One day i turned my pc off fully, then pulled the plug when it was completely off. After that i booted it up with the plug in and it said that something cpu memory was cleared and i had to choose an overclocking profile. It took a while to load to windows but it did. i...
  6. My pc won’t boot after I turned it off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Winload exe. Unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winload exe. Unable to boot: Hi. i am getting a blue screen containing this error when booting to os simalar to those in this thread...
  8. I accidentally turned off my pc during update and I doomed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally turned off my pc during update and I doomed?: So I had scheduled the update for like tomorrow. So I did my standard alt+f4 after school ended and it started updating and I thought I was doomed but it continued to update so after that at about 80% my pc shutdown. I turned it back on frantically and then it showed the...
  9. Turned PC off during reset process. PC won’t boot up. Is my PC dead?

Turned PC off during reset process. PC won’t boot up. Is my PC dead?: I tried to reset my PC through the settings and it acted as if it was resetting but just a black screen so I turned my PC off, turned it backed on and it booted up. I reset the PC and it did it successfully but noticed it had Windows 10 Pro installed and I don’t have the...
  10. Nightlight turns on when I boot up my pc

Nightlight turns on when I boot up my pc: So a couple of weeks back I was messing with windows settings and decided to turn on night light since I’ve never used it before. My screen changed to a different color and I didn’t really like it so I changed it back. The next day, when I boot up my pc, light light...