Windows 10: I got timeout when i try to install Linksys AE3000

Discus and support I got timeout when i try to install Linksys AE3000 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI all I have got a strange issue. My windows system is win 10 64 bit pro (Now updated to 16215) I normaly use my linksys AE3000 wifi adaptor. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by showbizzz, Jun 13, 2017.

1. showbizzz Win User

I got timeout when i try to install Linksys AE3000

HI all
    I have got a strange issue.

My windows system is win 10 64 bit pro (Now updated to 16215)
    I normaly use my linksys AE3000 wifi adaptor. It have been worked perfectly in many months, even after several windows updates..

But yesterday, when the big insider update was installed,
    My adaptor wont turn on longer.

I have checked in another win10 , it working perfect .

When i go into device manager and try to update the driver , i install it manually , but after 1minutes , i got a timeout error in device manager..

How to fix it? - I really hope, some one can tell me how to fix it *Smile

Btw, i have checked linksys homepage, and i use the latest driver..

:)

showbizzz, Jun 13, 2017

2. Unable to Install Anniversary Update 1607 unless uninstalling Linksys USB Dongle AE2500

I received my 3 Linksys AE3000 USB Adapters today and after uninstalling the Linksys AE2500 including the drivers on the first PC, the Linksys AE3000 Windows® Setup Software Version 1.1.0.9 that I downloaded from the Linksys Support Website easily installed
    the new adapter and I was able to install the 1607 build update without a problem. I am now working on the second computer and the adapter installed on that one just as easily. Unfortunately, even though the 4.34 GB 1607 build was already on the OS drive
    of the second PC, Windows 10 decided that it should erase that version and download a new one which is taking a while on my DSL connection here in a remote area of Wyoming.

The bottom line, uninstalling the AE2500 and installing the newer AE3000 with the Windows 10 compatible software from Linksys was the answer.

Michael89052, Jun 13, 2017
  3. Unable to Install Anniversary Update 1607 unless uninstalling Linksys USB Dongle AE2500

Chris215 has the best answer if the additional cost of the AE3000 is a problem. I did not try Chris215's recommendation to get my AE2500 to work since if it did not, I would have to do a system restore in order to connect to my Linksys E2500 router in order
    to access the internet. The Linksys AE3000 USB adapter is more robust and has a transfer rate up to 450 Mbps while the older AE2500 has a maximum tansfer rate of 300 Mbps. Since I am on a CenturyLink DSL connection in rural Wyoming I never even get close to
    those rates. However, that being said, the new AE3000 USB adapter benchmarks faster rates than my older AE2500 and the speed that web pages open is noticeable. I don't know if the updated 1607 build is contributing to that, but I am happy with the upgrade
    to the OS and the AE3000 adapter. Again, Linksys supports the AE3000 with Windows 10 software and drivers and has no plans to do the same with the AE2500.

Now, if I can only figure out how to delete the 13.5MB Windows.old folder that disk cleanup cannot get rid of and even trying to change ownership of the folder did not work!!

Michael89052, Jun 13, 2017
Thema:

I got timeout when i try to install Linksys AE3000

1. I got timeout when i try to install Linksys AE3000 - Similar Threads - got timeout try

2. i got this error when i was trying to install intel support assist. please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got this error when i was trying to install intel support assist. please help.: i got this error when i was trying to install intel support assist. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-this-error-when-i-was-trying-to-install/1a5b1729-5eac-4103-875a-c72e3b536dbf
  3. i got this error when i was trying to install intel support assist. please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i got this error when i was trying to install intel support assist. please help.: i got this error when i was trying to install intel support assist. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-this-error-when-i-was-trying-to-install/1a5b1729-5eac-4103-875a-c72e3b536dbf
  4. i got this error when i was trying to install intel support assist. please help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I got a 0xc1900209 when trying to install 20H2.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I got a 0xc1900209 when trying to install 20H2.: I'm currently using version 1909 and wish to update it to 20H2. No matter how I try, I always get these 2 codes 0xc1900208, 0xc1900209. When I tried to update my system with Windows UpdateAssistance, it said"This PC cannot be updated to Windows 10, Your need to adjust your...
  6. I got a problem when i try to hibernate.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got a problem when i try to hibernate.: When i click in hibernate, it seems to do it. But when i want to turn on the pc againt, it shows the windows logo, and freezes. (it doesnt appear the circle) and it forces me to push the power button, making my laptop to turn off and when starts is like i turned off. So i...
  7. I tried to install windows10, got message it couldn’t install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I tried to install windows10, got message it couldn’t install: the message is as follows: 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D the installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-install-windows10-got-message-it/5f64a2c7-d460-408a-ada4-6991aaa90334
  8. I got this error when I try to install windows on my new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got this error when I try to install windows on my new pc: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/montaguevevo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg1plh/i_got_this_error_when_i_try_to_install_windows_on/
  9. I got an error when installing updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I got an error when installing updates: There are 3 updates that needed to be installed but it always error with error code 0x80071a91 these are the specific updates and their error code: 2019-09 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4516115) - Error...
  10. When I Tried to Reset I got a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I Tried to Reset I got a BSOD: I was trying to reset my computer that has Windows 10 earlier today. When it was almost completed , I got the BSOD. It said the error was INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I tried resetting it once. It gave me the BSOD twice and it then it went into the login screen and I got back in...