Windows 10: I got to reinstall my Windows10, will my licence stay ?

Discus and support I got to reinstall my Windows10, will my licence stay ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to reinstall my windows and I'm wondering will my licence stay ? I also have windows on one SSD, can I reinstall it without deleting stuff from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CharlieTheCatGod, Mar 25, 2020.

1. I got to reinstall my Windows10, will my licence stay ?

I need to reinstall my windows and I'm wondering will my licence stay ?

I also have windows on one SSD, can I reinstall it without deleting stuff from other HDD and other SSD ?

submitted by /u/CharlieTheCatGod
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CharlieTheCatGod, Mar 25, 2020
  2. kps-uk Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 without a licence key

Hi,

I have a 10 year old laptop which originally was running Windows Vista. Due to the manufacturer date of the laptop, I was entitled to the free upgrade to Windows 7, which I kept until the roll-out of the Windows 10 upgrade. When my laptop upgraded to Windows
    10, I did not pay for the upgrade and did not receive a licence key.

1. If I go to the Windows 10 download tool and select install with the 'keep Nothing during the upgrade' option, will I require a licence key?
    2. Can I build the laptop from scratch if it was originally a Visa machine or will I need to step from Vista to 8.1 to 10?
    Regards

Keith

kps-uk, Mar 25, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I got to reinstall my Windows10, will my licence stay ? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 25, 2020
  4. jfk123in Win User

I got to reinstall my Windows10, will my licence stay ?

regarding windows10 licence

Yesterday I purchased a new laptop with OS windows10 pre-installed in India, but I did not get the licence key which is usually a sticker at the back. I asked the showroom guy but they were helpless. There is MS Office 2016 also pre-installed but I don't
    have the licence key. How do I get these keys and from whom. Please help, thanks.

jfk123in, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

I got to reinstall my Windows10, will my licence stay ?

1. I got to reinstall my Windows10, will my licence stay ? - Similar Threads - got reinstall Windows10

2. Reinstalling windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows10: My computer will not boot to windows. I created a windows installation disk on a usb. I get to the part about the partitions. The directions say I should delete all partitions and be left with allocated space. I have not done anything yet because I do not see the allocated...
  3. reinstall windows10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reinstall windows10: About 2 yrs ago, running under W7, I picked up a virus that prevented my desktop PC from booting. I decided to take a brute force approach to the situation, and simply kill the virus by reinstalling W7. So I went to Micro center Rockville MD and forked over about $100 for a...
  4. windows10 reinstall

windows10 reinstall: why does my c: drive show full after windows10 reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-reinstall/b3884bf8-45f6-49fb-8b62-f6d2cf78a21e
  5. Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated?

Can I reinstall Windows 10 and still have my licence activated?: Hello. I ask this question to make sure. Currently I have a 32 bit version of Windows 10 but I found out my processor can support 64 bit. If I was to reinstall Windows 10 with the 64 bit version, I will still have my license activated right?...
  6. Does my windows licence remain if I reinstall using bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does my windows licence remain if I reinstall using bootable USB?: I have somehow messed my windows partition and so I need to reinstall the windows. So if I reinstall the windows by creating a bootable pendrive then would I have to provide my licence key? I can access the windows partition but cannot boot into it because I have accidentally...
  7. Windows10 Reinstallation

Windows10 Reinstallation: I have a WIN10 Home retail box with flashdrive. After 6 months the SSD I installed Win10 on has become flakey. I have a new SSD. All of my files are on other drives. So, the only thing I need to do is reinstall Windows10 and a few programs. What is the best way to...
  8. Reinstallation of Windows10

Reinstallation of Windows10: I have a fairly old Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows10. To try to speed up my laptop, I want to wipe everything and reinstall Windows but I do not have the CDs because the laptop obviously came with an earlier version of Windows originally My question is:- Is it legal and...
  9. My Windows Licence Got Expired

My Windows Licence Got Expired: I Bought A New PC Almost A Year Ago. After Some Months Messages Started To Pop Out Displaying That Your Windows License Will Expire Soon. When I Go To Settings, Nothing Happened. Here is the screenshot of when I Try to Activate windows in settings With The Error Code...
  10. Reinstalling windows10

Reinstalling windows10: I purchased a lenovo thinkpad laptop with lisenced windows10. I had no back up or recovery disk made then. I only have the lisence key. Now i have to format the system and reinstall original lisenced windows. How to do it??...