Windows 10: I got troubles with my double screen setup

Discus and support I got troubles with my double screen setup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, my setup is unusual meaning I got 2 graphics cards, one for each monitor. But one of them is Nvidia (gtx 750 ti) on a 60Hz monitor and the other an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yumirow, Apr 15, 2020.

1. I got troubles with my double screen setup

So, my setup is unusual meaning I got 2 graphics cards, one for each monitor. But one of them is Nvidia (gtx 750 ti) on a 60Hz monitor and the other an AMD (rx590) on a 144Hz monitor with freesync.

Anyway I installed both drivers and everything looks fine at first look. But when I use both monitors at the same time things become to be more ugly, only one app at a time can be use without huge fps drop. When I click on the secondary monitor (browser for example) my game on the first monitor, still on display, drop about 80% of his fps.

I think that windows forces the game to go on background even if it's still display up front. I tried everything I could think of without any result, thank you if you can help.

submitted by /u/yumirow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yumirow, Apr 15, 2020

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 15, 2020
  4. I got troubles with my double screen setup

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

I got troubles with my double screen setup

1. I got troubles with my double screen setup - Similar Threads - got troubles double

2. My System is getting a nasty BSOD prepare for trouble and make it double

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My System is getting a nasty BSOD prepare for trouble and make it double: Hello Microsoft community, My lovely computer has been getting the random bluescreen on and off for years. I've always found it manageable and even used some preventive measures to stop a couple. BUT my nemesis "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXECEPTION" I'll further refer to this as "SSE"...
  3. I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message: Press y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker or encryption-enable system, the system will not boot without a recovery key. Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot, fTPM will NOT be enable with new CPU unless fTPM is reset reinitialized, you could swap...
  4. I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message: Press y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker or encryption-enable system, the system will not boot without a recovery key. Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot, fTPM will NOT be enable with new CPU unless fTPM is reset reinitialized, you could swap...
  5. Double monitor setup is still causing issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Double monitor setup is still causing issues.: I have heard that you guys have already fixed the bug causing weird behavior in double monitor setups, however, I still believe the issues exists. Just now, my monitor randomly turned off for a few seconds, that my apps started behaving abnormally. This is an image of my...
  6. My Laptop Got Troubles After Being Reseted

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop Got Troubles After Being Reseted: Well, a few months ago I reseted my computer, because it was getting slow, but it was working fine, when I reseted it, for some reason, suddenly I couldn't play some games, because it was locked at 14 FPS or lower, even though I had played before with 50+ FPS, and I couldn't...
  7. Trouble with Windows Setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with Windows Setup: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/usr-Machintosh-HD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijhhk4/trouble_with_windows_setup/
  8. Trouble with double monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with double monitors: Hey, I just got a second monitor to connect up to my laptop. The second monitor is able to duplicate both the monitor works perfectly, but when I try to extend, the sharpness is all messed up and it's sorta blurry. The computer I'm using HP Elitebook 840 G1 has a 1366x768...
  9. double trouble

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    double trouble: I actually loved vista and when 8 and 8.1 came out I liked them too...now windows 10....I'm not so sure..Im not a techy..so to me I have to take hours to figure things out..searching and searching. immediate problem was..I noticed my Norton antivirus wasn't showing up on my...
  10. double Canon printer trouble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    double Canon printer trouble: One of my pc's runs W7ult64, W10pro64 upgrade and W10pro64 build10532. It is connected to a Canon MG5550 all in one printer. W7 is running printer drivers loaded from the cd and up till now, I havn't bothered to try printing from either W10. Neither W10 detects the printer,...