Windows 10: I grant permission to open app, but kid's computer just keeps on asking for permission

Discus and support I grant permission to open app, but kid's computer just keeps on asking for permission in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I turned off S mode on my kid's computer so I could install Chrome. Now when I try to open it, the computer say's I have to give permission first.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by StuartHutton, Jul 9, 2020.

1. I grant permission to open app, but kid's computer just keeps on asking for permission

I turned off S mode on my kid's computer so I could install Chrome.

Now when I try to open it, the computer say's I have to give permission first.

WE click the 'ask permission by email' button.

Then I go to my computer, follow the link in the email and grant permission.

I've done this about 5 times, and even restarted my kid's computer, but it still won't register the permission and allow us to run Chrome.

What's going on and how do I stop it please?

:)

StuartHutton, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Kablerj Win User

Permission

I am using windows 10. Mine is the only user account. Suddenly today, I am unable to open move or delete files even though I am listed as the owner. I have to right click on the file, and select PROPERTIES, SECURITY, ADVANCED, ADD, and grant myself permission.
    Odd thing is, only the owner of the file can grant permission to a user. So, windows recognizes me as the owner when I am granting permission, but I can't open, move, or delete said file until I grant myself permission.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Kablerj, Jul 9, 2020
  3. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application

Hello Rob,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with the application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Amuzeini” replied on December 22, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Note:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “SE. Mohammed” replied on June 2, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 2012

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Cathy Kong” replied on May 12, 2010 in the following Microsoft Community link.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1}

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jul 9, 2020
  4. FabSald Win User

I grant permission to open app, but kid's computer just keeps on asking for permission

child still can't download google chrome app after permission given

I have granted permission to allow for my child to download the google app but every time they go to try and open the app is again pops the window up to ask for permission? Am I missing a step after giving them access?

FabSald, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

I grant permission to open app, but kid's computer just keeps on asking for permission

1. I grant permission to open app, but kid's computer just keeps on asking for permission - Similar Threads - grant permission open

2. How to remove the asking for permission to open an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the asking for permission to open an app: I keep getting asked for permission by an adult to when I open an app in my laptop and I'm the adult and I tried everything but I can't remove it....
  3. How to remove the asking for permission to open an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the asking for permission to open an app: I keep getting asked for permission by an adult to when I open an app in my laptop and I'm the adult and I tried everything but I can't remove it....
  4. Can't grant admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't grant admin permissions: When a "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" pops up, there is no option to type in a username and password. I recently changed my personal permissions to "Device Owner" and cannot give admin permissions to any application....
  5. Can't grant admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't grant admin permissions: When a "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" pops up, there is no option to type in a username and password. I recently changed my personal permissions to "Device Owner" and cannot give admin permissions to any application....
  6. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  7. Asking permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking permission: I just logged on to my new computer with my Microsoft account which is an adult account btw and it keeps making me ask for permission and when I click ask for permission it says that something went wrong and it's trying it'sits trying fix it...
  8. Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone: “Svchost” getting a ton of theses showing in task manager as well as permissions for security managment granted to, EVERYONE, RESTRICTED, ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES, ACCOUNT UNKNOWN s-1-15-3-1024-etc...... Im almost certain that somehow remotely or wirelessly...
  9. Ask for Permission for Chrome to open

Ask for Permission for Chrome to open: Hi, I keep getting this Pop up...[ATTACH] I've only just started getting it and my Parents haven't set u a family.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permission-for-chrome-to-open/cb45a269-6dfc-48b2-9b14-7c5b2507a279
  10. Ask for permission when its already granted

Ask for permission when its already granted: hello, I have downloaded and played middle earth shadow of war on my Xbox one. it is an Xbox play anywhere game so I got it on my PC. I asked for permission on my Xbox since it was M which was higher than my allowed content. My parent approved so I played it on my Xbox just...