Windows 10: I guess I killed it with to many " what does this button do "

Discus and support I guess I killed it with to many " what does this button do " in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Did a system cleanup, everything was fine , untill I tried to log back in . Its stuck on the sign in screen.. won't identify my finger print, won't let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DuanaUlness, Nov 27, 2022.

1. I guess I killed it with to many " what does this button do "

Did a system cleanup, everything was fine , untill I tried to log back in . Its stuck on the sign in screen.. won't identify my finger print, won't let me pit 4 digit code in and it won't even give me an option to sign in with password. I have tried to do a soft reboot, by hold shift and power , goes right back to sign page . I've also did F8 same thing. My phone is linked to my laptop. I have several Google apps and several windows as well as Microsoft on both is there any possible way I can get there through my phone... uggggg. I've been at it for 5 hours goodnight. And thank you

:)

DuanaUlness, Nov 27, 2022
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Kinimod Win User
    User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

Problem solved after a lot of fiddling around, by following the solution I linked to above, except:

• To boot into safe mode, I had to press Enter while GRUB was showing (I use a dual-boot system). Just letting it time out with "Windows 10" selected as I usually do would not work, Windows would not boot at all or boot into regular mode.
    • In safe mode, I was able to log in as administrator by just leaving the password field empty.
    • After resetting the administrator password as suggested, it is no longer empty, Windows changes it to "password", which I luckily found out in a desparate attempt to guess it. I was then able to complete the rest of the steps in the linked article and restore my administrator privileges. Who would have guessed it works like that.

Kinimod, Nov 27, 2022
  4. I guess I killed it with to many " what does this button do "

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

I guess I killed it with to many " what does this button do "

1. I guess I killed it with to many " what does this button do " - Similar Threads - guess killed many

2. I guess I killed it with to many " what does this button do "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I guess I killed it with to many " what does this button do ": Did a system cleanup, everything was fine , untill I tried to log back in . Its stuck on the sign in screen.. won't identify my finger print, won't let me pit 4 digit code in and it won't even give me an option to sign in with password. I have tried to do a soft reboot, by...
  3. I guess I killed it with to many " what does this button do "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I guess I killed it with to many " what does this button do ": Did a system cleanup, everything was fine , untill I tried to log back in . Its stuck on the sign in screen.. won't identify my finger print, won't let me pit 4 digit code in and it won't even give me an option to sign in with password. I have tried to do a soft reboot, by...
  4. Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search button is not showing on the taskbar, what do I do?: The Search button is not appearing on the task bar. I have tried a lot in the settings but I cannot find how to add the search button to the taskbar....
  5. How do I kill this process

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I kill this process: [ATTACH] I know the consequences, please tell me how to submitted by /u/Niru2169 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljpdzx/how_do_i_kill_this_process/
  6. the install button in microsoft store does not work no matter what i do

the install button in microsoft store does not work no matter what i do: if what you're going to suggest i try is anywhere in the first page of the google results it didn't work. submitted by /u/bongrip4president [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky78sb/the_install_button_in_microsoft_store_does_not/
  7. I was wondering what this button do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I was wondering what this button do?: What does this desktop button do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-wondering-what-this-button-do/c1eb1486-d20a-43e4-9306-e4f5ef538b83
  8. What is "Service Host: Network Service" and how do I kill it?

What is "Service Host: Network Service" and how do I kill it?: I can't close it in task manager without an ominous "doing this will make the computer unstable" but I have no idea what it is or what it's doing, apart from hogging 100% of my internet bandwidth. I hate it. How do I stop this?? Please help. submitted by /u/Dirthara...
  9. no internet,i guess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no internet,i guess: umm,my windows is connected to my wifi but it says no internet access. the shocking thing is I AM ABLE TO SURF THE WEB IN CROME but not on EDGE of any other windows related app. Please help me i am not even able to search updates. HELP!!!!...
  10. What Button? I do not see one!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Button? I do not see one!: "Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" What Button? I do not see one !...