Windows 10: I hacked Windows10 to look/act like Windows7, but I don't like it

Discus and support I hacked Windows10 to look/act like Windows7, but I don't like it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't remember what I did to change my windows10 to look like windows7, but if anyone could please tell me a way to put it back to it's original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrustratedAtWindows, Feb 1, 2019.

1. I hacked Windows10 to look/act like Windows7, but I don't like it

I don't remember what I did to change my windows10 to look like windows7, but if anyone could please tell me a way to put it back to it's original Windows10 format I would appreciate it.

:)

FrustratedAtWindows, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Arby Win User

how to do windows7 tasks in windows10

Thanks for the info and the welcome!

Would like to pursue the jump list a bit -- what I did in Windows7 was pin my frequently-used applications to the task bar, for example, Word, PowerPoint, and the Explorer. Then, all I had to do to pick up where I left off yesterday was to mouse over the app in the toolbar, right click, and select the appropriate recent file. That is what I would like to work in Windows10.

Looks like the link you provided requires me to open up programs, scroll down and select the application, THEN choose recent. Yes, I know, it is only a difference of a few mouse clicks and a bit of scrolling -- but I really like the single mouse click required in windows7, and I would like to see the old high number of recent files.

Again, thanks for any tips.

Arby, Feb 1, 2019
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Windows7 is my OS, what's yours?

I had Windows10 on my Zotac Mini-PC but the WiFi Driver was acting up so I had to reinstall Windows7 and everything works fine now

rk3066, Feb 1, 2019
  4. I hacked Windows10 to look/act like Windows7, but I don't like it

Going back to windows7 after installing windows10

If I upgrade to windows10 and do not like it , how hard is it to go back to windows7?

kenco89131, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

I hacked Windows10 to look/act like Windows7, but I don't like it

1. I hacked Windows10 to look/act like Windows7, but I don't like it - Similar Threads - hacked Windows10 act

2. It looks like I am being hacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    It looks like I am being hacked.: Yesterday, my computer was locked,and I was alerted to call technical support - microsoft. I was involved in lengthycommunication with a technician. They assured me I was getting lifelong protection. I was told to make two bank checks that were scanned to them. Now, I am now...
  3. Looks like I have no devices...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Looks like I have no devices...: I'm trying to re-install MS Flight Simulator. When I'm in the store and select "Install to my device", it says I don't have any applicable devices. Isn't my PC a device? It was the last time I installed this software. Where did it go? On my MS account the device shows up....
  4. I don't like windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't like windows 10: It's been several months since I upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10. I have tried to get use to the big change but I just don't care for it. I want to go back to window 8.1. Is it possible to do it my self or do I have to have a professional do it?...
  5. All my images look like negatives on windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    All my images look like negatives on windows10: On windows10 all my images look like negatives, how can I fix it please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-images-look-like-negatives-on-windows10/daa28d2f-c2f9-4aa3-8f92-2b0c8c736e4e
  6. Why is Spotlight ignoring my "likes" when I say I like or don't like a picture?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is Spotlight ignoring my "likes" when I say I like or don't like a picture?: This never used to happen, but now I am getting the ugliest pictures that are all mountains, green trees, and blue waters. I have repeatedly clicked on the "do NOT like" option in the upper-right corner of the Lock screen to select that I don't like a photo. Then it just...
  7. Why is this looking like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this looking like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArchMD96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhf4nm/why_is_this_looking_like_this/
  8. I have what seems like an old problem with Outlook asking - It looks like we don't have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have what seems like an old problem with Outlook asking - It looks like we don't have...: hello Please update your credentials for the account xxxxx@xxxx**** - why should I? I have had numerous chats on live chat which is now hard to find again on why 'we ' should have permission in the first place and how one updates if one wants to. I had deleted this...
  9. "It looks like we don't support this format"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "It looks like we don't support this format": I have a home desktop running Windows 10 Home Edition. I put together a slide show for my son's wedding. On my desktop, I could manipulate these jpg images, display them in Photos, edit them in Photos and in Paint, and put them into a Powerpoint presentation. Normal file...
  10. I Don't like Windows Ten.

in Windows 10 Support
    I Don't like Windows Ten.: How do I get Windows 8.1 back? 9605