Windows 10: I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that

Discus and support I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had 2 devices and I removed the wrong one how can I reverse that and remove the one that I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sunny Railsback, Jan 17, 2020.

1. I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that

I had 2 devices and I removed the wrong one how can I reverse that and remove the one that I don't have

:)

Sunny Railsback, Jan 17, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 17, 2020
  3. mike047 Win User
    Changing device names and deleting devices

You can't delete "retired" machines....there is some kind of "paper" trail they keep and the "old" devices are kept in archive.

I think???you can change machine names by doing so in windows "computer name" and then it might change[can't remember for sure] if it doesn't do so...detach and do a remove/re install and it should change.

mike047, Jan 17, 2020
  4. I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that

Wifi Devices connecting to the wrong subnet

I just installed a Dlink DIR-890L and it is setup to assign devices to the range 192.168.1.1 to .254

I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that [​IMG]

However, it seems that when most of my devices connect they are ending up with an IP address that is 192.168.0.something.

This is causing the device to be able to connect to the router but not to the Internet. It has happened with my laptop, 2 cell phones and wireless thermostat. I have no idea why. Right now I am going into each device and changing the default IP and then manually changing its gateway to 192.168.1.1 (it's also coming up wrong)

I have no idea why this is happening.

I see this in the router settings but there is no where to change the default gateway but I'm not sure if I need to and so far I have been changing it to 192.168.1.1 on all the devices that I have to manually configure/

I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

superwindow, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that

1. I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that - Similar Threads - devices removed wrong

2. How do I remove Device Guard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Device Guard?: Help I can't download teams, keep getting this message: A JavaScript error occured in the main process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-device-guard/a45da180-bee4-44b9-8ffb-98bfff307509
  3. How do I remove Device Guard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove Device Guard?: Help I can't download teams, keep getting this message: A JavaScript error occured in the main process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-device-guard/a45da180-bee4-44b9-8ffb-98bfff307509
  4. Removed wrong device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed wrong device: I accidentally removed the wrong laptop from my Microsoft account and I am locked out due to bitlocker. Is there anyway to unremove the correct laptop so I have access to the code? I only removed it 4 days ago. Thankyou...
  5. Removed wrong device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed wrong device: I accidentally removed the wrong laptop from my Microsoft account and I am locked out due to bitlocker. Is there anyway to unremove the correct laptop so I have access to the code? I only removed it 4 days ago. Thankyou...
  6. I made a wrong device as default how to change it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I made a wrong device as default how to change it?: when i plug in my headphones it says select the output device , so i selected headset and i hear sounds , so it keeps popping up so i made my headset as default , next day my default device is laptop speakers , i need to connect my headphones , i need help and how can i make...
  7. How do I remove a device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove a device?: Hi there, I have a laptop powered by windows 10 . It's not brand new,it's a used one. Sometimes when I try to login to some website using my gmail account it says my device isn't recognised and Google wants to verify that its me. So when I click the verify button it has given...
  8. How do I change the name of my device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I change the name of my device?: I'm re-installing Windows 10 on my PC. The device name that was automatically assigned is quite obscure. I'm afraid I won't be able to recognize it in a list of family devices. Is there a way to change the name? Thanks, DebFisher1...
  9. How do I change a device name under device manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change a device name under device manager?: For example, I purchased a second Xbox Controller Adapter because the first one was faulty, now it shows up as “Xbox Adapter #2”. submitted by /u/Adalwolf311 [link] [comments]...
  10. How to add back Device which I had removed previously

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add back Device which I had removed previously: Hi, I had somehow removed the laptop device from my microsoft account and I will like to add back the same laptop device again. I tried the instruction in my microsoft account "add device" but it said "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" but I can see it. Yes I login...