Windows 10: I had 2 disks and after re-installation i have 1

Discus and support I had 2 disks and after re-installation i have 1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i had a bit of a curfunkle (watching youtube, editing apex legends file, bsod appears - SYSTEM_DRIVER_EXCEPTION and then a loop of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DatBoiBaku, Feb 23, 2019.

1. I had 2 disks and after re-installation i have 1

So i had a bit of a curfunkle (watching youtube, editing apex legends file, bsod appears - SYSTEM_DRIVER_EXCEPTION and then a loop of BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO i think it was that) and i had to reinstall win10, and before i reinstalled it, i had 2 drives that the this pc menu showed, C: and D: (C is for programs and windows and all stuff like like, D is for games, movies and ye, D HAD MORE SPACE THAN C) and after installation, what i first noticed, is that (i think) my 2 disks MERGED together, sadly i don't have the screenshot of my previous 2 drives in the explorer but i have the D: one (it's an old screenshot not new)
    could've they merged or am i stupid

:)

DatBoiBaku, Feb 23, 2019
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Steam does not install from disk?!?!

no you're doing steps 1 and 2 wrong. steam creates the directory, you stop steam and then you install the game from the disk to that directory.

also steam must be off, not in offline mode but off, aka no steam services in the task manager when you install the game.

yogurt_21, Feb 23, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

I had 2 disks and after re-installation i have 1

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

I had 2 disks and after re-installation i have 1

1. I had 2 disks and after re-installation i have 1 - Similar Threads - disks installation

2. Which is a better for Win 11 recover disk or an installation media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is a better for Win 11 recover disk or an installation media: There are basically two ways to reinstall or recover for Windows 11. Firstly we can use Windows Recovery Media or we can use the Windows 11 Installation Media. What is not clear is that what is the difference between both of these? Are they complimentary or substitute for one...
  3. Which is a better for Win 11 recover disk or an installation media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which is a better for Win 11 recover disk or an installation media: There are basically two ways to reinstall or recover for Windows 11. Firstly we can use Windows Recovery Media or we can use the Windows 11 Installation Media. What is not clear is that what is the difference between both of these? Are they complimentary or substitute for one...
  4. Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long: Hello! First a little bit of context :I was playing cs2 and my Pc freezed. I tried to recover it but had to make a force restart.Due to this I got the infamous recovery screen the repair bucle and couldn't make my pc enter windows .So I decided to reinstall windows from...
  5. Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long

Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long: Hello! First a little bit of context :I was playing cs2 and my Pc freezed. I tried to recover it but had to make a force restart.Due to this I got the infamous recovery screen the repair bucle and couldn't make my pc enter windows .So I decided to reinstall windows from...
  6. Formatting SSD disk during windows 10 installation taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation ": When creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-recovery-disk-failed-at-selected-disk/11b4d24e-77fb-4759-921f-ca1d2a24a010
  8. creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation "

creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation ": When creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-recovery-disk-failed-at-selected-disk/11b4d24e-77fb-4759-921f-ca1d2a24a010
  9. creating Recovery Disk failed at "Selected Disk does not contain valid windows installation "

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can't install game from Microsoft store to my D: disk. Only C:

Can't install game from Microsoft store to my D: disk. Only C:: I'm trying to install Fallout 76 from the microsoft store but when i try to click change disk, only the C: disk shows up. If i try to change the folder to a folder in the D: disk it says "Choose a folder in the C: disk". Why? I would tear my hair out over this, if I had...