Windows 10: I had a choice not to default to your Office but don't force OneDrive on me

Discus and support I had a choice not to default to your Office but don't force OneDrive on me in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a choice not to default to your Office but don't force OneDrive on me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ronald J W, Jan 15, 2021.

1. I had a choice not to default to your Office but don't force OneDrive on me

I had a choice not to default to your Office but don't force OneDrive on me

:)

Ronald J W, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Victek Win User

Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder though if the issue actually has anything to do with the Adobe Reader? When I first observed the problem Edge was showing as the default PDF reader in Outlook's drop down list. It was possible to select Adobe Reader from the list, but even though we put a check in the box for Outlook to remember the choice it didn't. After setting the Adobe Reader as the default in Control Panel/Default Programs/ the icon on PDF files changed to the Adobe Reader icon and it replaced Edge as the first app in Outlook's drop down list, however Outlook continues to ask and doesn't save the choice.

One thing I wanted to try was repairing Microsoft Office, but strangely there is no entry in Programs and Features. I wonder if there's a way to run the repair from the command line?

Victek, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jan 15, 2021
  4. I had a choice not to default to your Office but don't force OneDrive on me

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

I had a choice not to default to your Office but don't force OneDrive on me

1. I had a choice not to default to your Office but don't force OneDrive on me - Similar Threads - choice default Office

2. No choice...Pin or Password. I don't want either

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No choice...Pin or Password. I don't want either: Just re-installed Windows 10 Clean install on HP Pavilion. I removed the pin option when signing in, but now it forces me to use a password. If I go back to the pin I don't need the password. I really don't want either. Before the re-install, I never had this issue. Please...
  3. No choice...Pin or Password. I don't want either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No choice...Pin or Password. I don't want either: Just re-installed Windows 10 Clean install on HP Pavilion. I removed the pin option when signing in, but now it forces me to use a password. If I go back to the pin I don't need the password. I really don't want either. Before the re-install, I never had this issue. Please...
  4. No choice...Pin or Password. I don't want either

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I had login errors in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had login errors in OneDrive: So recently I discovered that my Windows 7 64-bits PC has OneDrive and so I wanted to login to transfer some important files in the cloud, and I knew there was a web version too tho, but I had an error after typing my own e-mail correctly saying that it doesn't know what type...
  6. Default printer choice doesn't stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default printer choice doesn't stick: Good afternoon!How do I get the Microsoft Print to pdf option to stop changing my default printer? I have a consistent printing pattern that I use that for now, does not include 'Microsoft Print to pdf' and I continue to choose the default printer, but the next thing I know I...
  7. 21H1 - Now or wait for it, your choice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    21H1 - Now or wait for it, your choice: 21H1 has started rolling out & will over the next few weeks. You can wait for it to show up in WU OR you can have it, NOW. To have it without waiting use MCT. Download it, run it hitting Update Now. Cheers, Drew...
  8. Default e-mail not working and no choices

in Browsers and Email
    Default e-mail not working and no choices: I use an email client but can't set it as default anymore. I used to be able to choose it as a default. In the latest update, to change my default email it offers me the windows mail or to look on the microsoft store. Why can I no longer pick the one I want from my computer....
  9. i had a issue like forgot your password or don't see your account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    i had a issue like forgot your password or don't see your account?: select account [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-issue-like-forgot-your-password-or-dont/fafcc35c-3271-4d85-9e43-71ff97e14de9
  10. Force App to Install In Folder of My Choice?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force App to Install In Folder of My Choice?: So I finally got Windows10 up and running. And activated even! Despite having been an insider it was looking like I was going to have to buy a license, but at the last minute it Automagically Activated itself. For whatever reason, but I somehow got "stuck" on build 10130. I...