Windows 10: I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up

Discus and support I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please help. Recently my laptop was very slow. Today i decided to do a factory reset and when it was about 80% through, the reset failed. Now, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Raymond332, Jul 11, 2018.

1. I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up

Please help. Recently my laptop was very slow. Today i decided to do a factory reset and when it was about 80% through, the reset failed. Now, when I try and use my laptop , it only gets to the HP logo, then goes to a black screen with a flashing underscore symbol on the top left corner. I don't know what to do can someone help me.​

:)

Raymond332, Jul 11, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Factory Reset Failed

Thank you for your response DaveM121

No, nothing else is connected to my laptop at all. I attempted the factory reset through the command prompt because it would fail (several times) by using the steps you're suggesting. It began the process and I waited at least 4 hours for it to slowly reach
    a higher percentage (it got to more than 80%) and when I looked at the laptop again, there was a failure message.

CynthiaFarlow, Jul 11, 2018
  4. I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up

1. I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up - Similar Threads - failed factory reset

2. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop Settings>System>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove all Files and reinstall Windows from hard drive and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that...
  3. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop Settings>System>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove all Files and reinstall Windows from hard drive and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that...
  4. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that screen for approx. 30 seconds and then the screen goes blank for approx. 20 seconds and the Lenovo...
  5. Computer won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot up after factory reset: I factory reset my PC after getting a new computer but the second after everything was completed the computer is in a constant state of booting up, starts to load, abruptly stops loading, shuts off, restarts, begins to boot up, starts to load rinse and repeat. I cannot access...
  6. Windows failed factory reset now wont boot

Windows failed factory reset now wont boot: I tried to factory reset my laptop but it failed now when i try to turn the laptop onto it goes to the fujitsu logo and then a black screen then goes back to logo in a continuous loop. How can i fix this? Thanks...
  7. Windows 10 froze, had to hard reset, now won't boot

Windows 10 froze, had to hard reset, now won't boot: I was working with my laptop (which has Windows 10) today, and for unknown reasons it just froze (couldn't use the mouse, Curl+All+Delete wouldn't work) so after 10 minutes or so had no other choice so I had to do hard reset, after that It wont start/boot the windows, it goes...
  8. Computer Factory Reset Now Its Not Booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Factory Reset Now Its Not Booting up: I recently have been having so much problems with my brand new alienware computer. From my search bar not working what so ever to my disk defrag not even allowing me to clean my computer for a month now. i decided to just reset my pc and start over fresh (again) and now that...
  9. Help, I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up

Help, I had a failed factory reset, now Windows won't boot up: Please help. Recently, I decided to do a factory reset, to cleanly wipe my drive, with the exception of Windows. When the reset was about 30% through, the reset failed. Now, when I try and use my laptop, it only gets to the ASUS logo, then goes to a black screen with a...
  10. Windows won't boot or do a factory reset

Windows won't boot or do a factory reset: I'm beginning to reach the end of the road with my laptop, and I'd rather get it working than get a new one, but I'm a tad bit of a noob, so please explain things clearly, thanks. Upon my intense dissatisfaction with windows 10, I decided to switch to linux, and I...