Windows 10: I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10

Discus and support I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10. How can I re-install MSFS 2020?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CesarGaddini, Nov 19, 2020.

1. I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10

I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10. How can I re-install MSFS 2020?

:)

CesarGaddini, Nov 19, 2020

2. Are these the correct steps to reinstall Win10 after a full HW upgrade?

Hi,

I guess my to do list is fine then. When I briefly had Win10 back in 2016, I didn't have a Microsoft account, so I guess it linked the license to my HW back then. So if I now reinstall it on the current HW, I can link the digital license to my MS account,
    which I will be able to use again after the HW change. And I'd like to do clean reinstall on the new HW, just to be sure that it will continue working without any glitches. Maybe I could do the formatting after the new rig is up, as Win10 should still work
    better or worse, after the whole HW was swapped under it.

Thanks so far.

DánielPrim, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Are these the correct steps to reinstall Win10 after a full HW upgrade?

Hi,

I'm asking a confirmation or correction about my planned steps.

Right now, I have an SSD (120 GB) with Win7 on it. While Win10 was free to get, I installed it on an another SSD (512GB) that has been in my computer. However, as I found out that a few of the old programs that I wanted to keep using didn't work under Win10,
    I went back to Win7, which I still use today.

I'm to upgrade my whole computer (CPU, mobo, most others) right now. I will carry over all the SSD's and HDD's. I want to have Win10 on the new computer. I guess I'm still eligible for using it without having to pay for it now. Is that correct?

So, am I correct that I should do the following:

1. Create an MS account. (done now, obviously)

2. Create a Win10 boot flash drive while still in my current Win7 rig. (I won't have an optical drive.)

3. Reinstall Win10 on the new, 512GB SSD.

4. Link the Win10 to the MS account.

5. Format the 512GB Win10 SSD to make place for a fresh Win10 install after the upcoming HW upgrade.

6. Assemble the new rig. Both SSD's can be added.

7. Reinstall Win10 from the flash drive.

8. Validate it with the MS account.

So is this correct?

Thanks.

DánielPrim, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10

1. I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10 - Similar Threads - issue reinstall Win10

2. I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate: I have a device that was working and fully activated but the disk corrupted and Windows was not able to repair it. I have made no hardware changes, the only thing I have done is boot from a USB to a disk from an old machine. Having rebuilt initially with the wrong version of...
  3. I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate: I have a device that was working and fully activated but the disk corrupted and Windows was not able to repair it. I have made no hardware changes, the only thing I have done is boot from a USB to a disk from an old machine. Having rebuilt initially with the wrong version of...
  4. I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Had 4 blue screens, never had this issue before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had 4 blue screens, never had this issue before: In one day I experienced 4 blue screens.The first 3 blue screens were experienced when using google meet in google chrome. The third one was experienced when I was just surfing the web on google chrome.1. First Blue screen occurred while on google meet, PC restarted no other...
  6. Had 4 blue screens, never had this issue before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had 4 blue screens, never had this issue before: In one day I experienced 4 blue screens.The first 3 blue screens were experienced when using google meet in google chrome. The third one was experienced when I was just surfing the web on google chrome.1. First Blue screen occurred while on google meet, PC restarted no other...
  7. I had to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had to reinstall windows: How do I reinstall the built in HP apps? I'm really scared that I won't be able to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reinstall-windows/0b9cde2f-a34a-40a1-8599-0d58c99f8bd3
  8. I had to reinstall W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to reinstall W10 Pro: I had to reinstall W10 Pro, my question we did a back-up before reinstall and now I am missing some of my programs and data. How can I retrieve these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reinstall-w10-pro/61b78107-f58e-4f3d-a330-2a9795969c8d
  9. Issue Had This Morning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue Had This Morning: This Morning woke up, got started on computer Then BSOD occured Process Has locked Pages Followed directions from another site on checking system, sfc /scannow ran, dism online cleanup image/restore health, then chkdsk on D drive, and then somehow all the files was gone...
  10. game had to reinstall due to an error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    game had to reinstall due to an error: I was playing Forza horizon 4 for a bit this morning then I went and took a break. Once I tried to start the game back up it said the saved files had been moved or deleted, so then I went back toy the Microsoft store and went to the game, once I was there it said I had to...