Windows 10: I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from...

Discus and support I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! I had a laptop with windows 10 pro and it was activated with digital license tied to my account. I still see the computer with its specs and os... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dhafir Fayadh, Feb 26, 2019.

1. I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from...

Hi! I had a laptop with windows 10 pro and it was activated with digital license tied to my account. I still see the computer with its specs and os type on my account, now my question is, can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop that came with windows home to pro since my old laptop is completely broken and I can't extract the license from it

:)

Dhafir Fayadh, Feb 26, 2019
  2. myagkov-a Win User

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Move "Windows upgrade license" to new laptop

3 Years ago I bought new laptop (ASUS), originally come with Windows 7 Home edition, which then I had upgraded to Win 7 Pro via Microsoft Store, then upgrade to Win 10 Pro. Now I want to sell this laptop (Asus), and reset the OS back to Windows 7 Home.

If I buy new laptop (Lenovo) which originally come with Windows 10 Home, can I upgrade it to Win 10 Pro using "upgrade license" which I used at previous laptop (Asus) ?

Thanks,

Adi Prakosa, Feb 26, 2019
  4. FatonA Win User

I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from...

Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop

Hi,

I just purchased a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home and I did an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft store via digital license. Now, two days after, my laptop is making tremendous noise and I will return it to manufacturer and get refunded.

When I buy a new laptop, how can I transfer the same Windows 10 Pro upgrade?

Thanks!

FatonA, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from...

1. I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from... - Similar Threads - laptop pro license

2. Can I upgrade my laptop's processor?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I upgrade my laptop's processor?: I've recently noticed that my 2011 Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214 gets up to a CPU temperature of around 70°C, which isn't good. It currently has an i3-2310M, with a maximum operating temperature of 85°C. I'm thinking of upgrading to an i7-2710QE, which is a quad-core processor...
  3. Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new: Hello, I have a windows pro license in an old laptop and I want to transfer it to my newly bought laptop so I won't have to pay twice in getting windows 10 pro. How do I go about this?...
  4. Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop?

Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop?: Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-laptop-with-win-10-pro-retail-can-i/ee703ead-1abc-4ed8-9f10-0928623f3740
  5. Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop?

Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop?: I bought a win 10 license for my PC in 2016 and installed it. I'm gonna buy a laptop without an o/s. Can I use my license to install win 10 on this laptop? 127715
  6. Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop?: I bought a win 10 license for my PC in 2016 and installed it. I'm gonna buy a laptop without an o/s. Can I use my license to install win 10 on this laptop? 127715
  7. I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc.

I want to know If I can transfer my windows license from my old laptop to my new desktop pc.: I have a 10 years old laptop that I am not using anymore and I would like to know if it is possible to transfer my windows license from it to my new build desktop pc. The laptop that has windows 10 in it, had originally a windows 7 32bit model that came with it preinstalled....
  8. Can I take my Windows 10 license with me to a new laptop?

Can I take my Windows 10 license with me to a new laptop?: Hi, I have Windows 10 installed on a laptop were the hard disk appears to be faulty. I plan on either change the hard disk or get a new computer entirely. Can I deactivate Windows 10 on my current laptop and take it with me to the new one, or do I need to buy a new...
  9. I had Office with a new laptop and uninstalled it. Can I get it back?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    I had Office with a new laptop and uninstalled it. Can I get it back?: My new laptop just came in from the mail today and I've been tinkering with it some. I didn't know that it would come with Microsoft Office pre-installed and I don't know if it's a trial version or the full version that I can keep. What I know is that happen to uninstall...
  10. Upgrading Windows SL using license from a different laptop?

Upgrading Windows SL using license from a different laptop?: Hi, So my laptop is in dire need of replacing. Lots of things don't work anymore and after a lot of help from both here and sevenforums, i'm biting the bullet and replacing it. The problem is I plan to buy a laptop in Russia, where I live and work currrently, as they...