Windows 10: I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from...

Discus and support I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! I had a laptop with windows 10 pro and it was activated with digital license tied to my account. I still see the computer with its specs and os... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dhafir Fayadh, Feb 26, 2019.

1. I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from...

Hi! I had a laptop with windows 10 pro and it was activated with digital license tied to my account. I still see the computer with its specs and os type on my account, now my question is, can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop that came with windows home to pro since my old laptop is completely broken and I can't extract the license from it

:)

Dhafir Fayadh, Feb 26, 2019
  2. myagkov-a Win User

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Move "Windows upgrade license" to new laptop

3 Years ago I bought new laptop (ASUS), originally come with Windows 7 Home edition, which then I had upgraded to Win 7 Pro via Microsoft Store, then upgrade to Win 10 Pro. Now I want to sell this laptop (Asus), and reset the OS back to Windows 7 Home.

If I buy new laptop (Lenovo) which originally come with Windows 10 Home, can I upgrade it to Win 10 Pro using "upgrade license" which I used at previous laptop (Asus) ?

Thanks,

Adi Prakosa, Feb 26, 2019
  4. FatonA Win User

I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from...

Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop

Hi,

I just purchased a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home and I did an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft store via digital license. Now, two days after, my laptop is making tremendous noise and I will return it to manufacturer and get refunded.

When I buy a new laptop, how can I transfer the same Windows 10 Pro upgrade?

Thanks!

FatonA, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from...

1. I had a laptop with windows 10 pro , Can I use this license to upgrade my new laptop from... - Similar Threads - laptop pro license

2. How can I transfer my Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer my Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop?: Hi! How can I transfer the Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop? I bought Windows 10/11 Pro from Microsoft Store on December 27 2017 for my old laptop. How does it work? How can I get this transfer to my new laptop? Can someone provide step by step? I...
  3. How can I transfer my Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer my Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop?: Hi! How can I transfer the Windows 10/11 Pro License from my old laptop to my new laptop? I bought Windows 10/11 Pro from Microsoft Store on December 27 2017 for my old laptop. How does it work? How can I get this transfer to my new laptop? Can someone provide step by step? I...
  4. How to use the digital license of Windows 10 PRO from old laptop onto a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to use the digital license of Windows 10 PRO from old laptop onto a new laptop.: Hello, I had purchased a laptop with Windows 7 os as the OEM OS. 3 years back, I purchased Windows 10 PRO from Microsoft store and installed. This was a digital license as I used my Microsoft account. Now, I have purchased a new laptop. This laptop has Windows 10 HOME edition...
  5. How to use the digital license of Windows 10 PRO from old laptop onto a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the digital license of Windows 10 PRO from old laptop onto a new laptop.: Hello, I had purchased a laptop with Windows 7 os as the OEM OS. 3 years back, I purchased Windows 10 PRO from Microsoft store and installed. This was a digital license as I used my Microsoft account. Now, I have purchased a new laptop. This laptop has Windows 10 HOME edition...
  6. How to use the digital license of Windows 10 PRO from old laptop onto a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can I use the retail windows 10 pro key in a new pc or laptop which I got from a used laptop ?

Can I use the retail windows 10 pro key in a new pc or laptop which I got from a used laptop ?: I have bought a used laptop it's come with a windows 10 pro retail key .Now I have the key and it connected with my Microsoft account .If my laptop get stolen or dead can I use my retail key on new pc or laptop?...
  8. Can i still use the win7 upgrade from my laptop to Win10 key on a new laptop.

Can i still use the win7 upgrade from my laptop to Win10 key on a new laptop.: Hi I had a laptop where I upgraded to the new version of Win10 from win 7 the laptop died, now I have access to a new laptop but don't have any of the keys from the upgrade, etc. Any suggestions I can use where I have a win7 key a new laptop that I can install win 10...
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home on new laptop with digital license

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home on new laptop with digital license: On my old laptop, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home Editioncame pre-installed using Microsoft Store. It shows 'Windows is activated with a digital license'. I'm assuming that it means that the license is linked to my Microsoft Account. With the 'slmgr -dli' cmd it shows...
  10. I have upgraded windows pro from home on my laptop. how can i transfer that license to my...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have upgraded windows pro from home on my laptop. how can i transfer that license to my...: I have upgraded windows pro from home on my laptop. how can i transfer that license to my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-windows-pro-from-home-on-my-laptop/8ca77991-fdb1-437b-b37f-1deca545fa3d"