Windows 10: I had a power outage this evening.

Discus and support I had a power outage this evening. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Folks! Hope everyone is good, safe, and staying healthy. Listen, I was working on some poetry and I usually do this is Sticky Notes. It just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bill Darnell Sr, Sep 15, 2020.

1. I had a power outage this evening.

Hi, Folks!

Hope everyone is good, safe, and staying healthy. Listen, I was working on some poetry and I usually do this is Sticky Notes. It just makes things easier as to how I work when writing. We had a power outage and the poem itself was written I was just putting the copyrights down on its name and year posted plus the source for documentation. And the power went out. Ok, no biggy I thought. An hour or hour and a half possibly passed, and power came back on, but the whole midsection to my poetry was gone, Possibly 3-5 lines, meaning sentences. Is there a way I can retrieve that? Or is it like my work just cyber lost or missing? I'm not savvy anymore and my family and I had just lost our granddaughter. I haven't been on too many times since her passing. Does anyone have an answer? I'm not an Insider and haven't been for quite some time. Used to be, but it was affecting my stability mentally and perhaps some of that landed out here. Just because that statement and at times was not nice. I used to be an Insider but comprehension became an issue stemming from last year and forgive me and I'm not pulling on a heartstring or I don't mean to if I had. But I lost my life last May 2019 and was on life support for 3 weeks, During that time I lost 67% oxygen to my brain which doctor had hoped for my brain functions to resume to normal. Not the case and it's not that I couldn't comprehend, and had a hard time understanding, it just took me longer. And it was starting to frustrate cause I had no help, not meaning you here, but the long story here, but went through a rough time anyway. So I found it best to leave the program for my well being. I would like to know, and I wasn't sure if the Feedback Hub was just an Insider app. Is there a way to retrieve it, or gone?

Best of Wishes,

French William Fry's

:)

Bill Darnell Sr, Sep 15, 2020

2. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 15, 2020
  3. westom Win User
    Power Outage

Good. Only the most naive make blanket declarations. The educated also say why a power outage causes damage to each component. Obviously, irregular current, harmonics, etc are not power outages. And your knowledge also says electronics work just fine even when incandescent bulbs dim to 50% intensity. Those irregularities are perfectly ideal power to all electronics. Obviously from manufacturer specs and industry standards.

But others claim they 'know' a power outage causes electronics damage. And cannot even identify one component damaged by that outage. They just know because they just know. You are educated. Therefore you can always include the reasons why you know - with numbers.

What component is destroyed by a power outage? And why? Include references to the datasheet or some other equivalent fact used by the educated. And, as always required, the numbers.

westom, Sep 15, 2020
  4. mrsscotty Win User

I had a power outage this evening.

power outage-Windows 10 will not finish booting

Help !!! Had a power outage this morning and now I cannot get windows 10 to complete boot up

It starts the booting process and then my screen goes blank. I cannot even get to the prompt screen? To run any. diagnostics. any suggestions ?ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!

mrsscotty, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

I had a power outage this evening.

1. I had a power outage this evening. - Similar Threads - power outage evening

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  5. Had about a twosecond power outage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had about a twosecond power outage.: Turned the HP laptop on, it started and went to an update. had about a two second power fluctuation, outage, brownout enough to turnoff the clock on the kitchen microwave. Update continued with the wheel turning no percentages showing, Said it was at 100 % the wheel has...
  6. Had about a twosecond power outage.

Had about a twosecond power outage.: Turned the HP laptop on, it started and went to an update. had about a two second power fluctuation, outage, brownout enough to turnoff the clock on the kitchen microwave. Update continued with the wheel turning no percentages showing, Said it was at 100 % the wheel has...
  7. I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.: My power went out while factory resetting my computer and I can’t do anything on it now. My wallpaper is all black, my taskbar is all white with no applications on it and I am unable to open my search. When I boot it up, I see the Welcome screen for 10+ minutes and I have...
  8. I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.

I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.: My power went out while factory resetting my computer and I can’t do anything on it now. My wallpaper is all black, my taskbar is all white with no applications on it and I am unable to open my search. When I boot it up, I see the Welcome screen for 10+ minutes and I have...
  9. I Hate the Power Outages

in Windows 10 Support
    I Hate the Power Outages: The reason why I hate the power outages is because using the laptops is considered the best for me. I carry my laptop for the on-the-go tasks. Plus, I am not interested in using the desktops. 160312
  10. Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents.: After a power outage this AM I lost my bookmarks file, pictures and documents. Using Google search advice I managed to get my bookmarks file back but after reading numerous other similar posts here and on Google none of the suggestions has resulted in me being able to get my...