Windows 10: I had a problem iCloud syncing and fixing account in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support I had a problem iCloud syncing and fixing account in Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did saw a video and all steps i tried using a app specific password with two factor authentication in iCloud. I did some steps and nothing worked. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ConfusingArrows, May 31, 2021.

1. I had a problem iCloud syncing and fixing account in Windows 10 Mail

I did saw a video and all steps i tried using a app specific password with two factor authentication in iCloud. I did some steps and nothing worked. I tried updating the password in fix account section and nothing worked. I re-added these accounts and the same happened. It it helps, I would be gladly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

ConfusingArrows, May 31, 2021
  2. Tarek Win User

Can't sync iCloud mail

I'm trying to set the Mail app to sync my iCloud email but it won't. I am using an app-specific password. My iCloud account's calendar and contacts have been successfully connected and synced but only the mail part won't. Whenever I turn on the switch and click save and open back the settings, I find that it's turned off.

What gives?

I had a problem iCloud syncing and fixing account in Windows 10 Mail Y8IKh.png

Tarek, May 31, 2021
  3. Jabez76 Win User
    Windows 10 mail app not syncing with Caldav icloud account

HI There, I have the latest window 10 Home build, latest windows store "Mail and Calendar" app updated.

For some reason the windows mail app stopped syncing my icloud caldav account?????

I can still receive and send emails no problem with that.

But the calander is not syncing at all,

It worked fine 6 months ago,

I uninstalled and removed my icloud account , reset the mail and calendar app, added icloud account with two step verification ...STILL NOTHING

Been on the phone with Microsoft technician (screen share) the guy did everything even a complete reinstall (crazy) just to get a windows mail app to sync with my icloud calendar Makes no sense....

Then I got the apple guys on the line for another hour, and still nothing,

I have icloud for windows that works fine for my photos and cloud drive ( I don't want to use icloud for windows with my outlook as it is to glitchy).

I have tried using EmClient with my iCloud email address and it Works perfectly all my icloud calendars , tasks , contacts all syncs wonderfuly.

I noticed EmClient uses/imports this calender address in its settings https://caldav.icloud.com/

While the windows 10 mail app uses this address in its settings https://p06-caldav.icloud.com

So what happened Microsoft,???

Need help I like the windows mail app due to its integration & notification settings and with my laptop.

Help is needed when did it stop working and when can we expect a fix?

Jabez76, May 31, 2021
  4. s427 Win User

I had a problem iCloud syncing and fixing account in Windows 10 Mail

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

I had a problem iCloud syncing and fixing account in Windows 10 Mail

1. I had a problem iCloud syncing and fixing account in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - problem iCloud syncing

2. Only Mail App syncing with iCloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Mail App syncing with iCloud: Hi, I have been trying to sync my iCloud calendar with my Calendar App on Windows 10. When I sign it, it only signs into the Mail App but it does not appear on People & Calendar. Is there anything here I am missing?...
  3. iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App: Hello,I am experiencing issues trying to connect my iCloud Account to my Windows Calendar and Mail. I tried setting up my iCloud Account using the data for input and output server provided here: https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT202304I am using the application-specific...
  4. iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud Account not syncing with Mail and Calendar App: Hello,I am experiencing issues trying to connect my iCloud Account to my Windows Calendar and Mail. I tried setting up my iCloud Account using the data for input and output server provided here: https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT202304I am using the application-specific...
  5. iCloud Account not logging in on Windows 10 Mail

iCloud Account not logging in on Windows 10 Mail: When adding a new iCloud Account to my mail app, it constantly tells me that the "settings are out of date" and that I need to re-enter the password. I removed the account, generated an app-specific password multiple times, but the account still fails to work. I have another...
  6. Windows 10 Mail won't sync iCloud emails

Windows 10 Mail won't sync iCloud emails: Hello, I've just set up my iCloud account on my new Windows PC and am having trouble getting the Mail app to work properly. I've downloaded the iCloud app from the Microsoft Store, which gives me the option to sync Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks with Outlook. This...
  7. Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account

Mail and People App won't sync to my Icloud Account: Hello, I am trying to sync my contacts, calanders, and email from my Icloud to my windows mail and people apps. I checked for updates already and restarted my computer. I also tried to delete the account and re-enter the information twice....
  8. Windows 10 mail app not syncing with Caldav icloud account

Windows 10 mail app not syncing with Caldav icloud account: HI There, I have the latest window 10 Home build, latest windows store "Mail and Calendar" app updated. For some reason the windows mail app stopped syncing my icloud caldav account????? I can still receive and send emails no problem with that. But the calander is not...
  9. Windows 10 Mail and Icloud sync. Event disappear

Windows 10 Mail and Icloud sync. Event disappear: Hi everybody, I'm trying to sync icloud calendar (the domain of id apple is @gmail.com) to windows 10 mail. Until recently everything worked fine, but from about 1 month ago, the events disappear from the interface of windows mail as soon as i insert a new event (older...
  10. Icloud for windows mail and contact sync issues

Icloud for windows mail and contact sync issues: I recently installed iCloud for windows. I have windows 10 running on a brand new Asus Laptop. The iCloud app installs but when i get the window that allows me check the boxes for what I would like to sync the check box for syncing mail and contacts with outlook is locked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail not syncing with icloud